• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will copy here one of my posts, just for the records:

<<Yes, there's the happiness side effect, and about happiness i would like to spend some words:
i guess the happiness factor is "too easy to obtain".
From what i saw in my game, i just need to decorate a little the first level of my base, and, even if i dig to level 20, without a single decoration in alla the 19 floors, my happiness stays at maximum.

My suggestion here:
make the happiness factor based on the levels you discover, so that, ok, you want to dig deeper, but you need to decorate and create more living space, if you don't want your hapiness to drop!!
Also, make happiness low levels give much more malus.>>

Thinking about this, i guess that walls/floor sections (stone or wood), give too much happiness factor, i would try to experiment starting from 1/10 of the actual 1* happiness.

I think it's okay as it is now, because i only want to decorate some rooms and not have to build hundreds of statues and decorative plants by force just to get the happyness rating up. What i usually do is make my starting rooms and its surroundings pretty and then build a door where the "mine" starts. I don't want to beautify all the caves and tunnels i dig here, because well, it's a simple mineshaft in my eyes. Every few levels down i then pick a big cavern as an "outpost base" for my diggers (with a dinner table and some beds) and beautify that base too. This is usually just enough to boost happyness in the plus again. But it only works as long as walls and floors count full happyness points like they do now. Again, i think it's perfect the way it is. I really don't want to wallpaper everywhere i dig...

I think it's okay as it is now, because i only want to decorate some rooms and not have to build hundreds of statues and decorative plants by force just to get the happyness rating up. What i usually do is make my starting rooms and its surroundings pretty and then build a door where the "mine" starts. I don't want to beautify all the caves and tunnels i dig here, because well, it's a simple mineshaft in my eyes. Every few levels down i then pick a big cavern as an "outpost base" for my diggers (with a dinner table and some beds) and beautify that base too. This is usually just enough to boost happyness in the plus again. But it only works as long as walls and floors count full happyness points like they do now. Again, i think it's perfect the way it is. I really don't want to wallpaper everywhere i dig...

I understand your point of view :)
Fact is that i was on my "survival mode" when i thought about that.....
I always try to find challenges in the games i like...for example i added many survival mods in Skyrim too :D

Let's say, then, that i would like an option to upgrade the difficulty in the happiness and base living spaces field. ;)

We need a subforum for sharing dungeons/mini AAr's of forts etc etc. Otherwise the main forum will get unnecessarily cluttered and hard to use!
I plan on dumping my Unseen University build there soon!

Training dummies

Training dummies need to last substantially longer than they currently do. It's already a tedious act to level up our troops, add to that having to constantly produce new training dummies every x minutes and it's only made worse.

Please make all of the training dummies last substantially longer before they are wiped out

I understand your point of view :)
Fact is that i was on my "survival mode" when i thought about that.....
I always try to find challenges in the games i like...for example i added many survival mods in Skyrim too :D

Let's say, then, that i would like an option to upgrade the difficulty in the happiness and base living spaces field. ;)

I understand that when in custom mode you build up a bigger cave with wallpapers and floors and everything it may get a bit too easy, yes. I just played the campaign so far where i stick to just beautifying some special rooms, like i described above.

In the end, more customization options for the custom mode would probably be the best idea. So everyone can find a setting to fit one's playstyle. :)

Training dummies

Training dummies need to last substantially longer than they currently do. It's already a tedious act to level up our troops, add to that having to constantly produce new training dummies every x minutes and it's only made worse.

Please make all of the training dummies last substantially longer before they are wiped out
** spoiler hint **

This is very true. but don't even try to level up your Military...... level up the Dwarflings to about 15ish then make them in to Military. it cost way less and a lot less tedious.

We need some sort of better warning when a dorf is trapped, and if possible some sort of assistance for when you dig a hole down, it is dangerous to have a dorf fall down a hole, and you have to manually put a ladder everywhere when he goes 1 tile down.

Some sort of, dig hole and put ladder, option would be nice, to make sure the dorf has a ladder ready to get out incase you forget. Ruling that out, just a better warning system for trapped dorfs, like the hunger one for the prince. IM HUNGRY FEED ME.

** spoiler hint **

This is very true. but don't even try to level up your Military...... level up the Dwarflings to about 15ish then make them in to Military. it cost way less and a lot less tedious.

Thank you so so much for that hint. I most assuredly will be doing that from now on. That will ease the pain of leveling them the "dummy" way lol.

Thank you so so much for that hint. I most assuredly will be doing that from now on. That will ease the pain of leveling them the "dummy" way lol.
**** more spoiler ****
In fact the first thing I do is dismiss any and all Military Dwarves that the game starts me with and replace them with Dwarflings. They level much faster and easier.
:)

Possibly an implementation of a type of "underdark". I would be a sort of super cave which contains a proper goblin/ork base which would spawn them in large numbers. This is in response to the fact it is way to easy to win even on hard mode with just a handful of military dwarves. It would also make defense worth while.

Also the ability for enemies to place ladders/ have the ability to mine in a limited fashion (possibly they'll only go through one layer if they know someone is there). This would go hand in hand with removing their ability to teleport. This idea was mentioned elsewhere but I didn't see it here so I brought it up.

Stack-able walls and crenelations/ arrows slits

Farm animals make them produce food not just use them as decorations

Brewing make it a next step after growing "cave hops" or whatever and make the ale tree just a simpler way for doing it/ make brewed ale better or give buffs.

Ill come up with more later, also really love the game!

A few things that came to mind while playing the game:

(1) It would be cool if we had a ffew above-surface Z-levels to construct structures.

(2) Add some sort of "surface invasion" event option that spawns invading enemies (goblins, elves, trolls, etc.) from time to time. This would provide a lot more challenge in custom game mode.

(3) Give us an option to create fertile tiles. I think many of us would like to have a proper farm area, but the random distribution of tiles makes it really hard to fit the farming area in a compact design.

(4) Add some cheap wooden and stone walls that provide no protection, but allow the player to separete rooms from the beginning onwards.

(5) Add an "start above ground" option that makes the player start with his dwarfs above ground without anything build already.

(6) Add more feedback WHY happiness is increasing/dropping. Are my rooms to large? Am I lacking deco objects? Most of the time I have no idea why my dwarfs get unhappy...

(7) Add a bridge with stone covered surface. I really hate that I have to use wood or metal bridges as floors in rooms with carved-out tiles below them.

(8) Stone or metal doors would be neat. Because real dworfs only use wood until they have better stuff. :p

Last edited:
1. Bigger custom maps with customisable surface options (so large grassy and desert)
2. Better tech trees
3. Rename Dwarves
4. Specific surface items (plans, etc)
5 More materials
6. Move the throne
7. Make ground fertile (surface and under ground)
8. Brewing( they need alcohol so the dlc plant becomes hops and you need barrels to brew stuff in)
9. The picture of the prince/king/clan leader matches the armour and the ability to change it for different effects
10. Leader traits (bonus to farming/fighting)
11. Customised the leader with armour, beards, etc
12. Choose what is shown (so only health bars, only sending them to positions etc)
13. Start Above ground and then choose where to start
14. More lighting effects
15. Use you main leader for custom games
16. Choose individual resource spawn rate on custom games

Last edited:
An object that I'd like to see, think of it as a suggestion for when you are ready to put out your DLC packs.

I'd really like to see a column that I can place. Think of what you've given us now that take up multi-stories and shrink it down to a column that fits on one level. The way that I look at it when I dig out large expanses of the map there is nothing there holding up the ceiling above me, and while I do not suggest that these would be needed, they are only as aesthetic items for those of us that feel there is a need in huge rooms to place some columns here and there in a simulation of holding up the roof would be what I would do with them.

So basically just take the huge columns that you have now, combine them into one unit and shrink it down to fit on one layer only.

Thanks

An object that I'd like to see, think of it as a suggestion for when you are ready to put out your DLC packs.

I'd really like to see a column that I can place. Think of what you've given us now that take up multi-stories and shrink it down to a column that fits on one level. The way that I look at it when I dig out large expanses of the map there is nothing there holding up the ceiling above me, and while I do not suggest that these would be needed, they are only as aesthetic items for those of us that feel there is a need in huge rooms to place some columns here and there in a simulation of holding up the roof would be what I would do with them.

So basically just take the huge columns that you have now, combine them into one unit and shrink it down to fit on one layer only.

Thanks
OK, I’m sure it is just me – so sorry for that. But I’m not understanding how this is different from the columns we now have. Perhaps I’m just too visual and would need to see what it is you are describing. Don't worry about it though.
:blink:

The only columns that I've found in the game are split into three parts, bottom middle and a cap piece so that you can use them on multiple story areas by adding more middle pieces for each layer what I'd like to see is a one piece column that has it's bottom, middle and cap piece all as one unit and is only placed on one layer instead of spanning multiple layers.

If we already have such a column as this then I guess I've just not seen it for some reason.

Oh and in the game they are named as a Pillar. bottom pillar, middle pillar and top pillar

Break away enemy difficulty from the map size please.

Make it so that we can choose enemy difficulty regardless of which map size we want to play on.

The only columns that I've found in the game are split into three parts, bottom middle and a cap piece so that you can use them on multiple story areas by adding more middle pieces for each layer what I'd like to see is a one piece column that has it's bottom, middle and cap piece all as one unit and is only placed on one layer instead of spanning multiple layers.

If we already have such a column as this then I guess I've just not seen it for some reason.

Oh and in the game they are named as a Pillar. bottom pillar, middle pillar and top pillar
OK - got it. Thanks for clearing that up for me (you really didn't have to though)
:)
Still not sure what it would look like. and no, we dont have that - but yeah, why not. I could see putting that in for the pure fun of it.

The amount of suggestions are almost becoming too much to read/account for.. almost.
But I'm pretty sure this one hasn't been called out yet.. on the topic of decoration.

You know the objects, furniture and props as I like to call them you find in enemy rooms? Like the study table with books on it, the fancy chairs and beds, the butcher's meat tables etc.

I know you can sell them to gain resources or even research points. But unless you have a need for the resource or research it seems like quite a waste to sell them in my opinion.
Why? Well, because you can't craft/build those things yourself. So I for one always tend to use them for decorative purposes however I was thinking.. what if some of them were to give passive bonuses if you were to keep them?

1. E.g. the study table gives more experience for your scholars or a faster research rate. Maybe even make the cannon a usable weapon/trap for your Military.
    I thought if the chairs and beds you find are usable why not make the rest of the objects have some sort of use as well..? So that's one suggestion.
  2. Another suggestion which may add to the previous is to add the ability to store your items. For people such as me who sometimes build things or even accidentally they want to hold on to for later use without cluttering up random space on the floor. And to add to the above: to store the objects you find and otherwise wouldn't be able to craft yourself. It's really bothersome that if you want to use the Orcish stone walls for your own room you have to move the entire wall one by one.
  3. Liquids! Though this may be understandably hard, if it were possible by any means, the danger of flooding your tunnels and dwarves drowning would add difficulty and greater challenges. Maybe have it as an option for custom modes/and or only on certain maps.

Edit: Added a third suggestion that came to mind after watching a certain video.

Last edited: