+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The All Clear

Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

The All Clear

Crosspost from the Kerberos forumns;

Quote Originally Posted by Mecron
    Hey folks!

Sorry for the long wait but I am extremely happy and proud to give the all clear signal and invite you all back to a bright and shiny SotS2. While “all clear” in no way means support for the game has ended or that we have no plans for additions, it does mean that the game is in the shape we would have wished it to be upon release. From here we will be going on to a regularly scheduled set of updates that continue to fill out and flesh out the SotS2 universe as well as adding new maps, scenarios and plenty of quality of life suggestions.

We would like to thank Paradox for continuing to distribute Sword of the Stars/ Sword of the stars 2 and look forward to working with them on any future expansions. We also want to issue a heartfelt thanks to the players who stood by us in those dark early months and who believed us when we said this game would be fixed. We owe a great deal to the players who stuck it out through all the dozens of updates and fixes and kept reporting the bugs and posting their saves. Their input has made for a bigger and better SotS2 than could have been achieved at release even under the best of conditions. Everyone who enjoys playing this game from this date on, owes those impromptu testers a great deal of thanks. And finally for those of you who are reading this now and booting up the game, we would like to thank you for your patience and welcome you back. There is a great game waiting for you now and a big universe waiting to be explored.

The Future:
    As said, this announcement does not mean the end of SotS2 support. In fact, should any of you be curious, feel free to come by our boards and see our plans to support SotS2 indefinitely. For now, you can look forward to your next SotS2 update in approximately 3 weeks and it should include such tasty treats as:
    --Selectable Teams at startup
    --Revised Empire economics screen
    --Even more AI tuning
    --SotSpedia tuning and more entries
    --And a pack of new maps.

While too far down the line for particulars, I can tell you that the following update after that should see the return of scenarios and a treat or two for the holidays!

So once again, I would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding during the road back and hope you all enjoy this game as it was meant to be!

Martin E. Cirulis
    CEO/Creative Director
    Kerberos Productions
    Kerberos Productions Forums
    "Repensum est Canicula" - unofficial SolForce motto
    Follow us on Twitter!

I wish i could sticky this

I have not played it since release but I still have it installed on STEAM so I'll start it up soon and try it again, hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    I wish i could sticky this
    Granted

War Plan Orange Member aphrochine's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

This is good news. I had faith, despite nearly refusing the play the game until it reached this stage. Glad to finally get to a place where I can get some value from my $60 investment.
    War Plan Orange [Multiplayer for AoD, HOI3, CKII, AGEOD, RoF & WitP:AE]

Well I bought this game a couple months ago figuring this day would come. I didn't buy it out the gate since I rarely do that anymore after several sad lessons at my expense. So yeah, I waited a couple months, made sure they were committed to fixing it and then I bought the game a couple months ago simply to show my support for this genre and the fact that I was pretty confident that they'd get to this point, eventually. Have to say I am very happy to see this milestone reached for them. This is due to the fact that imo I've never seen a company get more stones thrown at them and continue to plug away at a product on nothing more than pretty much a promise that they'd fix it. Respect to them for that and all the people that pushed the game to this point...yes...even the people screaming for refunds. Now let's never repeat this ordeal again please...yeah right.
    "I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest."
    Winston Churchill, 1939

Major
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thank you. I knew this day would come

All clear but still near total lack of informative tooltips and still the same old GUI lag. And still no scenarios.. nor proper tutorial ;p It is playable and even a bit fun (waiting for mods to fix the balance) so it's not all that bad But seeing that Kerberus announced this silly dungeon crawler in SOTS universe that means less people working on SOTS2, no?

The Sotspedia by the way isn't in need of tuning.. it needs a complete redesign. It offers 0 correct information.

Hoi 2 Beta

Great news! Ill have to fire this up tomorrow...
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

Quote Originally Posted by eRe4s3r View Post
    All clear but still near total lack of informative tooltips and still the same old GUI lag. And still no scenarios.. nor proper tutorial ;p It is playable and even a bit fun (waiting for mods to fix the balance) so it's not all that bad But seeing that Kerberus announced this silly dungeon crawler in SOTS universe that means less people working on SOTS2, no?

The Sotspedia by the way isn't in need of tuning.. it needs a complete redesign. It offers 0 correct information.
    I 2nd this. Game is actually playable now, but definitely not complete. Still not in a proper "release" state.

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    53 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    God, I can't imagined buying this and having to have waited until now. :/

Maps?

It would be nice if the new maps release allowed you to set how many stars you had in a system. Perhaps the map system could be revised into a completely customizable thing. Also you said that it is up to release par for game playability, but it still gets laggy after more than 30 minutes playing and expanding. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by btking View Post
    It would be nice if the new maps release allowed you to set how many stars you had in a system. Perhaps the map system could be revised into a completely customizable thing. Also you said that it is up to release par for game playability, but it still gets laggy after more than 30 minutes playing and expanding. What gives?
    On what system are you playing? I've played as long as 9 hours straight without anything like that, and an average game is 3-5 hours in one sitting for me. That's on either of my systems (one AMD + ATI HD 4670 1Gig w/4Gig Mem and one i5 + Nvidia GT 550M 1 Gig w/6Gig Mem).

Most people complaining about lag don`t even have the recommended specs, which are way to low anyway.

Just checking in the forums today and found this news! Amazing guys, well done. This must be a special month as Fallen Enchantress 1.0 comes out later today! Two long journeys with great teams and incredible results. I am a very happy panda!

Quote Originally Posted by SFCShadow View Post
    On what system are you playing? I've played as long as 9 hours straight without anything like that, and an average game is 3-5 hours in one sitting for me. That's on either of my systems (one AMD + ATI HD 4670 1Gig w/4Gig Mem and one i5 + Nvidia GT 550M 1 Gig w/6Gig Mem).
    I have the I5 processor @ 3.33 ghz and 4 gb RAM with a ATI radeon 4800 series graphics. I do believe it is up to par.

And I was being retarded when I said lag. What I meant was that the time between turns while it's processing the AIs is way to long and lengthens every turn. It would be nice to be able to have a quick turn processing time. My comp is fine it's the game on this one.

And yes I know that even some of the better games that are turned based get that way toward mid-late game. Civ 5 does it to me but only near the end. SOTS 2 does it from about 30 minutes out and continues to take longer and longer the further out you go. It's just annoying.
    Last edited by btking; 30-10-2012 at 06:36.

On the surface it sounds like it, but what is running in the background, what are your temps at, do you know if your system is throttling down. Also what resolution are you playing at (1600x1200 on my desktop and 1600x900 on my laptop). I have everything turned on (except blur which I don't like) and windows (I like full screen), also I don't run x64 on my laptop since it doesn't like Optimus. Just trying to figure out why you seem to have lag and such after 30minutes and I and many others are not. My i5 btw is a second gen -- Intel Core i5-2430M Processor (and laptop to boot) and it runs SOTS 2 better then my desktop (Phenom 9950 BE quad core). My desktop is 2.6GHz and my i5 is 2.4GHz (with boosting to 2.8Ghz when dual core is active and 3.0Ghz at single core). My temps are in the mid-50's for my desktop and mid-50's to 60's on my laptop (depending on external temp and if I have my laptop cooler underneath turned on (fan). Like I said I've played for hours and hours on either machine without any lag or slowdown, so I wonder.
    Last edited by SFCShadow; 27-10-2012 at 03:21.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCShadow View Post
    On the surface it sounds like it, but what is running in the background, what are your temps at, do you know if your system is throttling down. Also what resolution are you playing at (1600x1200 on my desktop and 1600x900 on my laptop). I have everything turned on (except blur which I don't like) and windows (I like full screen), also I don't run x64 on my laptop since it doesn't like Optimus. Just trying to figure out why you seem to have lag and such after 30minutes and I and many others are not. My i5 btw is a second gen -- Intel Core i5-2430M Processor (and laptop to boot) and it runs SOTS 2 better then my desktop (Phenom 9950 BE quad core). My desktop is 2.6GHz and my i5 is 2.4GHz (with boosting to 2.8Ghz when dual core is active and 3.0Ghz at single core). My temps are in the mid-50's for my desktop and mid-50's to 60's on my laptop (depending on external temp and if I have my laptop cooler underneath turned on (fan). Like I said I've played for hours and hours on either machine without any lag or slowdown, so I wonder.
    I play this on a core 2 duo laptop (running at 3.1GHz) with an old 5X series Radeon mobile card in. Never had any lag at all.
    Not saying people don't get it, but not something that's ever hit me.
    On my desktop with a (2500K at stock and 570 GFX card - 8 gigs ram - win 7 premium 64 bit) it is also properly smooth, and that has a TON of stuff running in the background.

Scritty

So far so good

Pretty happy with the latest patching. AI actually fights/plays much better. UI is better. Good job on those patches, keep it up.

Anybody look to see if scenarios were active yet?

All clear my eye, having read this, figured I would give it another go, 5 DIFFERENT games in a row crashed, and hours of MY free time wasted, this is on a clean system with more than enough grunt and memory to handle the game; quite simply it is still buggy as hell. I also read that many systems still do not work as described in the manual, making training some techs pointless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast