• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

eis_os

Major
3 Badges
Mar 2, 2011
www.bytetransfer.de
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • 500k Club
Hello

Considering there is still issues and I still find here and there errors in the Game Core Code and Scripts,

As example this code crashes CIM sooner or later (needs up to 5 times running from the console):
$var = null;
echo $var[2];

It looks like the internal reference system for Variable Indexes is broken, throwing the Runtime error "Variant not indexable" causes havoc to the Script Memory System. I know the standpoint that a Game with an script error is doomed, however it may screw a game in very odd ways that aren't directly visible.

The game may crash sooner or later if a building size/diagonals is wrong defined, however no error is shown.
We know people still have problems with Trams getting stuck...

Will there be any patches for CIM or is Cities in Motion considered End of Life?

But seeing as they are still due to release a further DLC; why not patch the game up? There are some bugs I'm sure they could easily fix. But it's been dead here for a very long time, and not a hint of any future patch, which is unfortunate. It feels as though the game is dying, and it is a very sad thing.