• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That Galato-Roman stack certainly is something to worry about. Based on my understanding of Narwhal's analysis of combat frontage, your best bet is to try to goad the enemy into attacking your most experienced phalanxes under your best commander in open terrain and fair weather. That, coupled with some luck, will mean that you'll have the best chance of avoiding a Thermopylae type situation where the Roman legions bear the brunt of the combat and rip your phalanxes apart.

I very much want you to win this. The Romans must taste blood and defeat. :mad:

Loki100: Well That may be problematic or they could wander off somewhere else to doing something else. That would be helpful.

Stuyvesant: They probably couldn't Steam Roller over me since I might be strong enough to repluse there attack if they pushed it too much. Also if they did that the Armenians may decided to join in on my side. Thousands of fresh troops marching straight at the Romans is not something they'll likely enjoy.

germanpeon: That would be Ideal but since My "Best Commander" of a sort is operating on the Opposite side of Asia Minor it may be difficult to pull of. But it may just split into lots of small pieces which are easily crushed which would be useful.

Chapter Five: Small Steps to Victory.

I decided mostly to just reorganize my position this turn. Moving men around and building more Depots to try and ensure my men got the supply they needed.I don't order any Offensives. The Dardanians are regaining Cohesion will my pirate raiders are still raiding Roman shipping which they do well and destroy the roman Shipping in the Aegean in the course of these two turns.

AJE_32.jpg

Nothing really happens during the Turn resolution except for some more Trade ships being sunk. Though The Roman army wanders off and leaves a small force Guarding Mazca and I decide to take advantage of this sending a rear Force against it as you can see. The Dardanians are sent to capture a Roman town up along the Coast while I realise Mithridates isn't at any town so slowly running out of supply so I send him on his way.

AJE_33.jpg

Well That attack against those Galatians went fairly well. I did quite a bit of damage and took minimal in return. Though I din't do as much damage as I wanted to do overall. I'm fairly happy with that. I also take both targeted towns without a fight. I also Finish off as said before the Aegean merchant shipping reducing Roman income by a small amount but still this should help in the long run. However next turn things may heat up. Taxilies is now active with plenty of Supply. The Northern Front will see it's first Offensive.

AJE_34.jpg

I like that thrust deep into hostile territory, that dagger that extends into central Anatolia (I don't know the map well enough to pinpoint names, but I mean the purple tendril just below the Cappadocia name on the first screenshot). Can't tell whether you'll end up cut off and your army there destroyed, or if you'll end up cutting off a nice chunk of hostile territory, but I hope it's the latter.