The German Events Project - GEP - Many new historical events for Germany 1933-1945

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Adonnus

General
69 Badges
Apr 17, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
The German Events Project

menupic.png

Follow the Third Reich, from its beginnings in Germany, to the stunning victories of 1939 and 1940, all the way to desperation and destruction in 1945

A Historically Accurate and Detailed Narrative of the Third Reich, 1933-1945

The mod shall be released in 2 stages:
Pre-war events
Wartime and peace deal events

THE GERMAN EVENTS PROJECT - A mod which closely follows Germany throughout the Second World War, the most destructive conflict of all time, and provides the most historically accurate experience possible.

The mod aims to create a more authentic 1930's atmosphere for you as you take the helm of either the German nation or an Allied nation, queasy at Germany's rearmament as they either pursue a policy of appeasement to avoid another bloodbath of war, or courageously stand up to the rapidly rising Nazi regime in Berlin.

Or, play your cards diplomatically as the USSR while you bide your time for inevitable war against the German military machine.

Large numbers of new events will allow you to delve in almost any aspect into the way you wish to command your German empire across Europe. As you step into the shoes of the paranoid Fuehrer, you will need to defeat more than just the Soviets and the Western Allies. Generals plot against your rambling ideology and insatiable ambition, and you will need to outwit them as well.

Updates to come as more progress is made......

This mod aims to eliminate the sometimes perceived boredom in the pre-war buildup and sometimes during periods such as the Phoney War, if nothing else.

New Units - Land Brigades and Divisions (subject to change)

• Divisions

• "Light" mechanized - an ad hoc assembly of light tanks and various mechanized pieces of equipment into a mobile division. Five were historically deployed to North Africa by Germany.

• Fortress ("Festung") - a slow (unmovable?) heavy infantry garrison designed more for static defence than partisan supression.

• Grenadiers - A unit of veteran heavy infantry of reduced strength and increased morale and attack values, but lower unit manpower.

• Jäger "light" - Infantry, More mobile than a regular infantry division, especially at mountain warfare, with an ad hoc amount of horse and motor transport. Reduced strength.

• Volksgrenadiers - A late war reorganization for infantry units, effective at short range, containing varying amounts of experienced troops. Often formed from badly mauled divisions from the Eastern Front.

• Artillery - A mobile division of artillery units that should be used in a 1:6 ratio with other mobile units like Panzers and Panzergrenadiers.

• Luftwaffe Field Divisions - Essentially air personnel converted to an infantry role due to a lack of aircraft and need for new army units. Smaller than a Heer (army) division, and with slightly poorer combat effectiveness to due informal training in an unfamiliar area.

• Schwerer Gustav - An event-only unit, with only 2-3 divisions total: an ultra-heavy railway cannon for destroying besieged cities. Useful if one needs to capture a city but does not have the firepower (eg. Moscow, historical use was Sevastopol). Low manpower, low attack, slow, but with massive urban attack values.

• SS Police - description coming

New features:

Remilitarization of the Rhineland:

No German troops shall be able to enter the Rhineland, thus committing a serious and flagrant violation of the Treaty of Versailles and Locarno Treaties, until this is diplomatically and militarily possible.
This shall only be possible after Hitler's "peace speech" of 1935, and until the possibility has been discussed by the German leadership.

Wehrmacht units shall be locked in their position from 1933 until a later date, except in the case of a war.

SS units, however, will be fully controllable by the Nazi Party (ie. the Player).

Entering the Rhineland before is diplomatically feasible will mean that France will warn you to back down, or instead enforce penalties or declare war, if the violation continues.

Unit Production

Due to the Treaty of Versailles dictates, Germany is reduced in their status as a world power until it can, theoretically, regain this prestige and perceived power, as well as diplomatic abilities.

This means that Germany will not be able to produce a large standing army for a while after the coming to power of the Nazis, lest they wish to be occupied again so soon.

After some of these restrictions become no longer enforced and the Allies' attitude changes, the Player will be free to produce more units.

Diplomatic Agreement Negiotations

Diplomatic negotiations, particularly with German allies like Italy, Hungary and Japan, will be less historically forced upon the player and more interactive, giving the player a chance to negotiate the terms of their treaties.

This will encourage players without the inclination or knowledge to pursue historical treaties to do so through the use of events.

Such negotiations will expand on ones like the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact, and negotiate ones like the Pact of Steel, among others.

Re-done SS Troops

The SS units found in World of Flames 2 will become more powerful and serve a greater game purpose.

Certain SS units, like the SS-VT and foreign SS divisions will become available through events.

New Combat System

A new combat system in in the works. This combat system emphasizes the need for commanders to order more retreats to avoid smaller scale encirclement of their troops and avoid heavy losses. The new system is based more on elastic defence than simply shoving as many powerful units into the line as possible, like in the old Hearts of Iron 2. Troops will take higher losses and will continue to take these losses until they run out of morale, which will become more important, or are ordered to retreat. You WILL need reserves to stop the enemy once your troops have retreated.

This will overhaul the way some campaigns work, like Operation Barbarossa, allowing the early attack orders and subsequent mass encirclement to be emulated properly.

DOWNLOAD (pre-Alpha~)(mainly for testing)

THIS MOD IS STANDALONE - NO WIF2 NEEDED (Only DH is required)

0.15 (Most recent)

*On hold*

OLD VERSIONS:

*On hold*

Please post your thoughts/suggestions!

Last edited:
CHUCK NORRIS AMAZING! Good luck!

I'm loving it already! Good luck mate...

WIF2 already has an AI and gameplay as well as event focus on Germany. This mod will focus on the governmental aspects of the Nazi Reich in mainly the pre-war period as a sub-mod.

I want to restructure the way the player fights in Barbarossa as well from the original WIF2, and reduce AI cheats to provide ultimately a less gameplay focused and more historically focused mod.

I am back from my trip and just played WIF2, noticed that the Germans have the swastika flag. As this violates the forum rules and hasn't been deleted yet, I suppose you won't mind if i include historical pictures with the flag in it (which I was considering censoring before now)

On flags, I suppose I'll include some historical flag events, so from Weimar flag to Imperial flag in 1933 then in 1935 to Nazi party flag.

Sounds like a great mod!

Here's a request : can you be sure to include events for other historical events not mentioned in the skewed version of history Hearts of Iron 2/Aod/DH/ currently portrays due to draconian European censorship laws? So a German player can have a slightly more realistic and informative experience of WWII history.

You don't have to include the full details (although that would be awesome), but it would be amazing to utilize DH's decision system to allow player choices for controlling dissent, concentrating power, rearmament, and revanchism.

The AoD Third Reich mod also had some very good events for German secret weapons projects with technologies that gave slight bonuses (air-to-air rockets for example) but that with DH could be custom German-only brigades.

cheers,

kilolima

As described the player will not be able to control the entire country just like that, but wll instead have to control the nation through the shoes of the Fuhrer, and you will need to control dissent both in the public and Catholic elements of it and also in the party itself.

"can you be sure to include events for other historical events not mentioned in the skewed version of history Hearts of Iron 2/Aod/DH/ currently portrays due to draconian European censorship laws? So a German player can have a slightly more realistic and informative experience of WWII history."

If you mean partisans and partisan campaigns, Nazi social campaigns in the public sphere etc. then yes, but things that involve willful destruction of human life will obviously not be represented, as it would be a blunder at best for the game developers to allow such a game to be sold at all.

It's for practical reasons, it's not like the devs want to reduce historical accuracy, but you must draw a line. Those laws are there for a reason.

I've never really played any mods for Hoi3, although I have it. The game always seemed to be lacking in events for me. Though the ability to easily select what territory you wanted in a peace deal was great.

That said the whole reason I made this was that I felt vanilla DH Full was lacking in events for the first place.

In my opinion vanilla HOI III is quite boring and lacking in events, pictures and realism, but I.C.E. mod is one of the best mods I´ve ever seen ;) New units (SS; Brandenburger; super heavy artilery Dora, Gustav; ...) -and super historical -it´s possible to capture Paris on 21st june, which is really hard to do in WIF -if you want I can give you the event folder of the I.C.E. mod maybe you want to use these events

Last edited:
I am back from my trip and just played WIF2, noticed that the Germans have the swastika flag. As this violates the forum rules and hasn't been deleted yet, I suppose you won't mind if i include historical pictures with the flag in it (which I was considering censoring before now)

On flags, I suppose I'll include some historical flag events, so from Weimar flag to Imperial flag in 1933 then in 1935 to Nazi party flag.

iirc, you must not show pictures with the swastika

and since WiF2 is a mod, its your decision to download it
with vanilla DH it would be diffrent, because its a official game