• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kegarx

Sergeant
36 Badges
Aug 25, 2011
soundcloud.com
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
How do you, dear forum-users, use covert operations? Do you use it at all or ignore whole feature?
In my previous game as Poland I used scout operation to get Koingsber (and East Prussia) faster. And thats all. In all war with Germany I didn't gather more points to do something similar. Too bad. ... Cost of Covert Operaions seems to me to high. No one likes features that cost you much but impact to the game is small. I still think that covert operations are good thing, but lowering costs of use (maybe in next patch?) would give more importance to this component of the game.

What do you think about this covert operations?

I am trying to use it as Germany against USSR. But yes cost is too high I thing. It took a while to get those 20 point.

I don not know whot to do with them. I shall wait and see how war ir going and where I can sepnd them

I pave the way for my tanks with scouting, so my spearhead can advance faster, and be faster followed by exploitation in the region. I sometimes sabotage where I see enemy tanks moving around. For another example I sabotage ahead of a landing, you sabotage the area where you drop paras or marines, and then land there knowing AI can't reinforce as fast.

I agree their cost is on the expensive side, but it's not prohibitive for me... I accumulate those points ahead of wars, then use when it matters the most rather than spam all over.

1-5 points most of the time. Depending who I am playing. My spy distribution is still pretty much the same as the one I presented in the Beta AAR.

I noticed lately (playing Estonia of all countries) that I can fairly cheaply steal tech from France/UK and a bit less cheaply from US using like 1 leadership to the task, and if I am backward enough (Italy, Soviets, Nat. China), spies will keep bringing new stuff pretty much all year round, sometimes letting me skip 3-4 tech levels if I get lucky.

For me, 1.8-2.0 on the espionage slider should give you enough spies for ~10 nations, but it still takes some time (about 3-5 months) to get enough for sabotage ops.

i am giving f.e 4 point to inntelingce but I am not getting so many spies. I should get 1 spie per 2 days but it ir not so. Where are they? I have got only 6 - 7 and no more. What I am doing wrong?

Where spies dissapear?

They go to countries you instructed them to go to - and probably get caught and killed there. You need to reduce the number of "evil" priorities abroad if you want to accumulate spies.

i am giving f.e 4 point to inntelingce but I am not getting so many spies. I should get 1 spie per 2 days but it ir not so. Where are they? I have got only 6 - 7 and no more. What I am doing wrong?

Where spies dissapear?

As germany, i used sabotage area in place where i knew they would try to reinforce while my panzers spearheaded foward. Didnt want those pesky french tanks and inf coming in from the Maginot to reinforce those areas i needed to quickly get through to exploit a breakthrough. Actually worked too, noticeably. I was pretty happy with that and the covert operations. Now it seems the British and SU are really good at capturing my spies so its hard just to keep spies in those countries than accumulate points.

As germany, i used sabotage area in place where i knew they would try to reinforce while my panzers spearheaded foward. Didnt want those pesky french tanks and inf coming in from the Maginot to reinforce those areas i needed to quickly get through to exploit a breakthrough. Actually worked too, noticeably. I was pretty happy with that and the covert operations. Now it seems the British and SU are really good at capturing my spies so its hard just to keep spies in those countries than accumulate points.
The Majors do have good counterintelligence networks, so try to keep counter-counterespionage at level 3 to keep their spies from finding your covert op spies. Its not full-proof, but it might help make sure your covert op points accumulate as fast as possible.