• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Doomdark, a couple of minor things you could do to improve the religious situation in 1.07:

~ Have some of the provinces in and around Tripoli and Edessa start as Nestorian, so random characters in that area are more likely to begin as that religion. They could change to Miaphysite/Sunni around the time of the Third Crusade. I can PM you a list if you're interested.

~ Add a couple of heresies for Zoroastrianism. I know it's not that important during the CK II time period, but it is its own group and so it wouldn't take long at all to add any. There's a source here you can read, and there's a good mod in the mod forum which has expanded this religion quite a lot. Zurvanism, Manicheism and Mazdakism would be good, as it only involves adding little sections like this:

Code:
	mazdakism = {
		graphical_culture = muslimgfx

icon = 11
		color = { 0.5 0.7 0.8 }
		parent = zoroastrian
	}

...and a localization line somewhere. :)

~ Finally, perhaps you could add a couple more heresies for Eastern Christianity now that Miaphysite has been split from Orthodoxy? Syriac, perhaps?

EDIT: Oh, the announced changes look great by the way. Can't wait to see the new African faces too!

Questions:

- How does the Invasion CB work for the Orthodox? Will it allow to (re)conquer whole non-Orthodox kingdoms? What are the conditions?

It works as before.

- Does the creation of the Miaphysite/Coptic religion have to do with some improvement in the balance of the Eastern African region?

It's mostly a matter of added realism, but it does create a more proper, separate Christian sphere for marriages and diplomacy.

He will be stuck as a lesser patriarch, which is not ideal in theory, but plausible in practice.

It's probably too late to add new features now (with the release presumably 2 or 3 weeks away), but it would be neat if the Ecumenical Patriarch's special powers were active for the highest bishop in the Pentarchy. So Constantinople would have the invasion powers at the start of the game, but if you restored the an orthodoxy Roman patriarchy, then he could have the powers instead, or something like that.

On a slightly unrelated note, have you guys addressed the issue of religious heads being converted to the wrong religion? When SoI came out, I had a couple of games where I conquered Constantinople and eventually found the Ecumenical Patriarch converted to Sunni.

On a slightly unrelated note, have you guys addressed the issue of religious heads being converted to the wrong religion? When SoI came out, I had a couple of games where I conquered Constantinople and eventually found the Ecumenical Patriarch converted to Sunni.

Since release (and indeed v1.06b), we've fixed several different issues that could cause this. If there are still any such bugs, I am not aware of them.

Nice to see African Christians are getting some love too (plus a long-awaited face DLC). And it's free! I'm definitely buying LoR though to support the great work you're doing.

Hmm... When you say it is fully modable, does that mean you can go about and give the Pentarchy a different name in game depending on the religion it is attached to? So if say I was for some odd reason to use the mechanic for a different religion then I could name it 'Old men in skirts', but the Orthodox version of the mechanic would still be called 'Pentarchy'?

Edit: Also the changes look brilliant.

Hmm... When you say it is fully modable, does that mean you can go about and give the Pentarchy a different name in game depending on the religion it is attached to? So if say I was for some odd reason to use the mechanic for a different religion then I could name it 'Old men in skirts', but the Orthodox version of the mechanic would still be called 'Pentarchy'?

Edit: Also the changes look brilliant.

Hmm, no, I doubt that would be possible. "Fully" might be saying too much I suppose.

Woohoo! Absolutely loving the changes to Orthodoxy and the new branches of the religion sprouting out in Armenia and East Africa.

And FINALLY, actual African faces! Now the next time I play in Nubia I won't have to stare at a bunch of Arabs the entire time.

Am a little sad there's been apparently little done to help with the balance in East Africa, though. Looks like 1.07 will ultimately shape up to be another Fatimid ROFLstomp of Nubia and Abyssinia. Oh well, won't stop me from trying to rebuild the glory of old Nubia.

Doomdark, next week will you give us more details on the new portrait DLC packs? Is it just Byzantine and African cultures you're working on, or other cultures we've not been shown yet? :cool:

Lastly, most Orthodox heresies now also work like Orthodoxy itself

So if there is an orthodox bishop in Constantinople and an iconoclast bishop in Jerusalem, would they both be in the Orthodox pentarchy or would the Jerusalemite be in a separate iconoclast pentarchy? I assume the latter, but clarification would be interesting.

Also, very excited about the DLC. Awesome work :D

Ohhhh, one last thing! Can you please make it so that in 1.07 Occitan/Catalan characters don't always have black hair? There were blonde and brown-haired folk in the south of France you know. :D

Lol, ok.
What is release date:
Date when a product, press release or news story will be released to the public. The release date is announced in advance to provide consumers and other interested parties specific details regarding the release. This may include the date, day, hour or even minute of the upcoming release. ;)

Anyway, http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/crusader-kings-ii-legacy-of-rome
I knew this, but it is common for this awesome company not to stick to the well-in advance website announcements.

And no irony was needed from your side.

P.S. Thank you Doomdark for the answers!

Doomdark, next week will you give us more details on the new portrait DLC packs? Is it just Byzantine and African cultures you're working on, or other cultures we've not been shown yet? :cool:

They're not really related to Legacy of Rome, but maybe I can tell you a bit more about them.

So if there is an orthodox bishop in Constantinople and an iconoclast bishop in Jerusalem, would they both be in the Orthodox pentarchy or would the Jerusalemite be in a separate iconoclast pentarchy? I assume the latter, but clarification would be interesting.

Also, very excited about the DLC. Awesome work :D

They would be separate.