• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

johho888

Enchanted
19 Badges
Dec 29, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Werewolf CXXXIII: Justileaks

jl1kopiera.jpg

THE SETTING
(Role Playing Background only - skip if you are not interested)

It all started innocently, Green Lantern's stamp collecting was leaked on an internet forum. Some geeks sniggered. But then it got slightly more serious; Louis Lane's answering machine got tapped and Superman's apology for not putting the lid down was made fun of on Saturday Night Live and has 23,000+ hits on youtube already. But that was not all, just yesterday pictures of Robin in a Finnish sauna club and nude pictures of Supergirl and Åsa-Nisse hit tabloids.

We all know we are no superhumans, eh, well, we are but we also have human desires. And that is okey as long as we keep it to ourselves and out of the public eye. We must remember that we are role models for millions of kids out there. And let's face it, stamp collecting doesn't really improve our street cred.

Some of these leaked pictures and stories could only come from within our own ranks so I have called you all here so that we can find the traitors in our midst and root them out once and for all or, failing that, I will dissolve the Justice League.

If you want to play just say so in a post in this thread. Game rules can be found in post #2 and list of players in post #3.

Roles were handed handed out 20:0 CET (18:00 GMT) Friday the 5th.
First Night fell 21:30 CET (19:30 GMT) Saturday the 6th.

Last edited:
THE RULES

The players represent a village where each member has a role that is kept secret. Most of them are just plain, ordinary Villagers, but there are some Werewolves lurking in their midst. The goal of the Villagers is to eliminate all of the Werewolves, while the goal of the Werewolves (and allies) is to achieve 1:1 parity with the villagers (at which point they can openly rise up and overwhelm the Villagers, thereby winning the game). Of course only one pack can remain.

The game is split in two sections, Night and Day.

The game begins with a Night, the time when the Werewolves decide among themselves who to eat and special abilities are used. The Werewolves and the "special villagers" submit their choices/orders to the Game Moderator. Any orders not delivered in time will be IGNORED.

Nightly orders are handled in the following order:

1. Cloak of Invisibility
2. Distiller
3. Lover
4. Sorcerer scan
5. Seer scan
6. Priest scan
7. Hunter
8. Guardian Angel
9. Doctor
10. Werewolf
If multiple attack orders are sent from the same pack, the last order submitted is the one that counts. Only one werewolf attack takes place during the night (unless no valid hunting order is submitted, in which case there is no werewolf attack at all), no matter how many werewolves or werewolf packs there are.
11. Witness
12. Touch of good/evil

During the Day, the Villagers (including the Werewolves, who have assumed a human form) meet together to decide who is the Werewolf and therefore to be lynched for the greater good of the village. When a player has decided whom to vote for, they type vote Player X in bold font and preferabbly at least size 3, this to ensure that your GM notices the vote. It is not allowed to edit a vote. If a player decide to change his vote, he types unvote Player X - vote Player Y.

Abstaining from voting without declaring absence three times during the game will result in autolynching (or being substituted by another player).

The deadline for nightly orders as well as voting is 21:30 CET (19:30 GMT) and shortly after this the lynching takes place and the result of the Nightly activites is presented. Post submitted 21:30 will count while posts submitted 21:31 will not.

No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started but it is possible to substitute for dropouts.

Spectators and Ghosts ("dead" players) may haunt, taunt and flaunt. They may not reveal any secret/inside information nor may they do voting records except for the current day. Anyone caught doing it risk being banned from later Werewolf games. When making a ghost/spectator comment, please use a non-white colour (and keep off the GM colour, lightgreen).

Alliances between players which aren't based on your roles in the game are frowned upon. These alliances which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

Forged Private Messages (PMs) are allowed. Quoting or forging PMs from the GM is not allowed.
Screenshots of PMs from players or the GM are not allowed and anyone caught doing it will be autolynched.

THE ROLES​
Villager: Has no special abilities.

Werewolf: Will choose a victim to eat each night. More specific eating rules, aka the hunting pattern, will be given to the werewolves but will not be public knowledge.

Seer: May scan one person per night to see if he is a Werewolf or unclaimed Apprentice (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Villager to the Seer.

Priest: May scan one person each night to see if he is a Sorcerer, an Apprentice or a Cultist (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Villager to the Priest.

Sorcerer: Works with the Werewolves, and wins if the Werewolves win. May scan one person each night to see if he is a Seer, a Priest, an Apprentice or a Cultist (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Villager to the Sorcerer.

Apprentice: Only becomes active if his master is killed. A scanner can have more than one Apprentice but in case of the scanner's death only the first Apprentice will become active. Apprentices works just like their former master. If an Apprentice is in the game, the first scanner who finds him (and survives the night) will make him his Apprentice.
Removed possibility to steal apprentices. An unclaimed Apprentice does not know that he is one until he is scanned. There might be claimed Apprentices at game start in which case these claimed Apprentices will know their role.

Guardian Angel: May protect one person against a Werewolf attack, but can't choose to protect the same person two nights in a row and can never protect themselves.

Doctor: May protect one person each night but can't choose to protect the same person two nights in a row. In case of an attack, the Doctor has a 50% chance of saving that person. The person saved will be unable to send in any votes or orders for the next day/night cycle but may also not be attacked directly while recovering. If the doctor is attacked, however, all patients are also attacked. If a patient wakes up again, he/she will remember one of the attackers. The patient does not learn the identity of the doctor.

Cultist: Works with the Werewolves, and wins if the Werewolves win. Learns the identity of a wolf master at game start and that Werewolf knows the cultist's identity in turn. Cultists are not pack specific even though they start in contact with one pack.

THE TRAITS​
The traits (extra roles) may be had in addition to any of the above roles (except for "Cursed", see below).

Witness: Once per game, the Witness may try to see the nightly attack. Witness success rate increases by 10% each night (10% on Night 1, 20% on Night 2 etc). If successful, he learns the identity of one Werewolf in the pack that hunted that night. If no kill takes place, the Game Moderator decides whether the ability is used or not.

Hunter: If the Hunter is attacked by wolves at night he has a 50% chance (not caught asleep/off guard) of killing one of the attacking wolves before succumbing to the attack. He can also send a nightly order to kill someone in which case his ability is used up (including the 50% chance to kill an attacking werewolf).

Lover: At night, the Lover may choose to stay with a player (the target). The Lover and the target are unable to perform any other action during the night. Scans against the Lover or the target will scan both without revealing the identity of either. Touch of good/evil is handled like scans. Protection aimed at the target affects the Lover as well, but the Lover can only be directly protected if staying at home. Attacks against the Lover will fail if the Lover is out. Attacks against the target kills the Lover as well (barring protection). The target will only learn of the visit if he was stopped from performing a nightly activity. The target will not learn the lovers identity (since the Lover sneaks about in the dark). A lover may not make love to a doc's patient.
After a night of loving the lover must stay home one night (the Lover needs its beauty sleep to keep its good looks).

Leader: May declare that the victim/all victims of a lynching will not be lynched, and pick one other character to be lynched instead. However the Leader's charisma can only do so much so he can only redirect the lynch to someone with at least 1/3 of the votes of the lynchee. If the lynched character is not a baddie the Leader ability is used up. There will never be more than one Leader at any given time.

Second in command: Will become the Leader if the current Leader is used up (eg killed or has leaderlynched a goodie). There will be no more than one Second in command at game start.

Third in command: Will become the Leader if the Leader and Second in command are used up (eg killed or has leaderlynched goodies). There will be no more than one Third in command at game start.

Fourth in command, Fifth in command etc.: should be obvious, no?

Brutal: If lynched, has the power to immediately kill one person before being subdued.

Cursed: If a Cursed person is targeted by the Werewolves, they become one themselves. It will be revealed as a "no kill during the night". The Cursed will be unaware he is cursed until attacked by a Werewolf. Seer and Guardian Angel can not be cursed at game start. A cursed apprentice that turns into a werewolf loses his apprenticehood.

Blessed: A Blessed person will survive a werewolf attack, but only once (the next attack will be fatal as usual). Will be revealed as a "no kill during the night". The Blessed might be unaware he is blessed. If a Blessed and Cursed player is hunted, the Blessed trait has priority.

Spiritually Attuned: A Spiritually Attuned person has a 100% chance to sense when someone is scanning them. They will have a 50% chance to learn the scanner role and if they do a 25% chance to learn of the actual person.

Cloak of Invisibility: A player possesing a cloak of invisibilty may once during the cause of the game become invisible, ie scans of him that night will return "nobody at home", wolf attacks will fail as if the player was GA protected, hunter hunts will miss, witnesses will fail to identify him and the player will even dodge the lynch mob making the runner up lynched instead of him etc. However wearing the cloak will also block any other actions of the wearer for that day/night cycle such as voting, scans and even counting for parity etc.

Touch of Good: Goodie scanner/apprentice trait only. Once during the cause of the game the player may instead of scanning put a Bless on any other player.

Touch of Evil: Baddie scanner/apprentice trait only. Once during the cause of the game the player may instead of scanning put a Curse on any other player.
If the curse is put on a baddie it will have no effect.

Distiller: Each night, the Distiller may choose to share a bottle of rum with a player (the target). The Distiller and the target are unable to perform any other action during the night. The target will only learn of the visit if he was stopped from performing a nightly activity. The target will not learn the Distiller's identity (because of the memory loss).

Seerish Powers: This player have some talent in seeing the future. Not enough to become a seer but enough to give him one single fully* functioning seer scan during the span of the game.

Priestly Powers: This player have some divine talent. Not enough to become a priest but enough to give him one single fully* functioning priest scan during the span of the game.

Sorcerous Powers: This player have some dark magic talent. Not enough to become a sorcerer but enough to give him one single fully* functioning sorcerer scan during the span of the game.

Healing Powers: This player has some healing talent. Not enough to become a doctor but enough to give him one single fully functioning doc protection during the span of the game.

Plotter: May use PM to the GM for voting in which case the plotter's vote will not be revealed until the final vote count.

Ghost Whisperer: May once during the game ask to "speak" with the ghost of the player(s) that will get killed the upcoming night. The Ghost Whisperer will then get to know the ghost's intentions for that night and what that would have resulted in (only for scans) but also every action that was planned against him (but not specifically by whom, only by what).

* Xxxly powered scans can detect but not claim apprentices.
* only one Xxxly powered scan of each type will be effectuated on any given night. Should several scan orders be issued the same night one random scan will go through and the rest of the Xxxly powered scanners will have to wait until another night.

Changes to the original rules are highlighted using lime.

THE NICKNAMES​
Specifically for this game setting the following nicknames for the roles will be used to enhance role playing for those of us who enjoy that:

Villager = Superhero
Werewolf = Rogue hero
Seer = Mindreader
Priest = with X-ray vision
Apprentice = Talented
Cultist = Snitch

Last edited:
The Superheroes​

snoopdogg as Captain Hammer (6th in command spiritually attuned villager)
jacob-Lundgren as Captain Super Sergeant (5th in command distiller priest, shot by hunter)
king hannibal as Aquaman (villager, autohunted)
Lord Dalek as Colonel Tactician (3rd in command ghost whisperer cursed villager)
Funnyman230 as Batman (blessed plotter apprentice)
Adamus as Avenger (werewolf with sorcerous powers, lynched)
Comm Cody as Shazam (ghost whisperer villager, lynched)
esemesas as Klark Cent (werewolf with sorcerous powers, lynched)
Xaldin31 as Green Arrow (plotter guardian angel, leaderlynched)
THE_SPLIT as Captain Obvious (4th in command villager with healing powers)
Najs as General Drunkenness (2nd in command cultist with a cloak of invisibility, eaten)
the_hdk as Marshal White Russian (leader villager)
Nautilu as Daredevil (plotter werewolf with healing powers, lynched)
tamius23 as Corporal Punishment (7th in command spiritually attuned werewolf, lynched)
Yakman as Doctor Impossible (seer, eaten)
Falc as innocent-looking bystander *wink wink* (apprentice with healing powers, eaten)
reis91 as MacGyver (hunter villager)
bakerydog as Andy Samberg "The Boss" (werewolf with sorcerous powers, eaten)
enkhuush as Green Lantern (werewolf with sorcerous powers, lynched)
AVN as Storm (spiritually attuned cursed villager, lynched)
Paendrag as Nightcrawler (spiritually attuned distiller cultist, eaten)
Eternaly_Lost as Hulk (villager with a cloak of invisibility, eaten)
Rendap as Dr. Ronnie Roberts (villager with healing powers and sorcerous powers)

At start: 23
Alive: 6
Dead: 17

Timeline

On Day 0 twentythree superheroes arrived at the Justice League space station.
On Night 0 king hannibal the villager let himself out the door.
On Day 1 Adamus the Werewolf with Sorcerous Powers were too obvious.
On Night 1 bakerydog the Werewolf with Sorcerous Powers got bit by the competition.
On Day 2 enkhuush the Werewolf with Sorcerous Powers stayed too quiet too long.
On Night 2 Paendrag the Spiritually Attuned Distiller Cultist tasted his own poteen.
Also on Night 2 jacob-Lundgren the 5th in command Distiller Priest got shot by reis91 the Hunter.
On Day 3 Comm Cody the Ghost Whisperer Villager became an ersatzlynchee (I can see how that word will catch on).
On Night 3 Najs the 2nd in command Cultist with a Cloak of Invisibilty blended in all too well.
On Day 4 Xaldin31 the Plotter Guardian Angel was leaderlynched by the_hdk the Leader.
On Night 4 Eternaly_Lost the Villager with a Cloak of Invisibility had his feminine side exposed.
On Day 5 tamius23 the 7th in command Spiritually Attuned Werewolf couldn't take the heat any longer.
On Night 5 Yakman the Seer suffered when the wolves finally got it right.
on Day 6 AVN the Spiritually Attuned Cursed Villager turned zombie.
On Night 6 reis91 was saved by the doctor.
On Day 7 Lord Dalek the 3rd in command Ghost Whisperer Cursed Villager forgot something essential.
Also on Day 7 Nautilu the Plotter Werewolf with Healing Powers forgot something equally essential.
On Night 7 Falc the Apprentice with Healing Powers took the wrong man home.
On Day 8 esemesas the Werewolf with Sorcerous Powers found some crypronite.​

Last edited:
In as Captain Super Sergeant

In as Aqua-Man

Damn you Johho for GM'ing when I'm on a health break!

I'll see how things go when we get closer to deadline, but so far I'll stay out.

I like the inclusion of a lot of the 2008/2009 ideas, plotter trait, touch of good etc. I don't think I'll be in at the moment however, apologies.

Damn you Johho for GM'ing when I'm on a health break!

I'll see how things go when we get closer to deadline, but so far I'll stay out.
I'm sorry to hear you are ill (and at the same time puzzled as to what health problems could possibly stop one from playing werewolf. I don't want to know, I just can't imagine what it could be). Get well and come back when you are feeling better.

I'm sorry to hear you are ill (and at the same time puzzled as to what health problems could possibly stop one from playing werewolf. I don't want to know, I just can't imagine what it could be). Get well and come back when you are feeling better.

It's not a secret. I'm suffering from a solid dose of Stress and as such there are days when I'm just sitting in a corner and basically shaking. I'm not going to join a game unless I am certain that I will be able to participate. I have a doc appointment on both Monday and Thursday in the coming week for some theraphy and depending on my status on Friday, I might be in.

It's not a secret. I'm suffering from a solid dose of Stress and as such there are days when I'm just sitting in a corner and basically shaking. I'm not going to join a game unless I am certain that I will be able to participate. I have a doc appointment on both Monday and Thursday in the coming week for some theraphy and depending on my status on Friday, I might be in.
Ok, I know some tense games got my heartrate rushing at the deadline so I can understand that not working if you're stressed out.

Exactly. But hopefully I'll be back in the action soonish... :)

Hope you pull through soon Rendap! :) And I hope you won't feel obliged to join until you're back to normal!

I'm not sure if I should join, I'm already in WW-lite.

Oh, What the hell, In as Shazam.

I'm not sure if I should join, I'm already in WW-lite.

Oh, What the hell, In as Shazam.
Lite will probably be over before this one even starts so shouldn't be a problem.

Nice choice, Shazam at least I read, most of what the others picked I never heard of. Will have to do some research to do the death scenenes for them but luckily internet is a friend.

IN as Klark Cent, Superman's evil twin.