• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OneAussieMan777

Colonel
28 Badges
Apr 27, 2011
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Iron Cross
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
##THIS WILL BE THE LOADING SCREEN IN NEXT EDITION##

AUSTRALIA, A NATION WORTH FIGHTING FOR.

19/12/2013

http://www.mediafire.com/?dq9p1u7b3dicscc

Check post #81, maybe you'll get a chuckle.View attachment 75873
Check post #92 for all WW II Events.
#New Events Found For WW II#
#UPDATE# I have edited 'unitnames.csv' this has added countless infantry unit names, more HQs, a fwe new Armoured and Mechanised unit names and over 300 new ships! 185 DD, 28 CL ,28 CA ,19 BC ,19 BB ,37 CV, 94 TP, SS 20

HELP AND VOLUNTEERS WANTED FOR EVENT POLISHING AND ADDED TRIGGERS. ANY HELP WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECIEVED AND SHALL GET THEIR DESERVED CREDIT.

For now the download is removed until I update the .rar to all the new material and fix the errors (only occurring since 1.03 update) Still alive and well, in Terra Australis. Hope to have something new for you soon!

As I recieved a request, I realised it would be much easier on everyone if these files were uploaded in the correct file directory so all you'll have to do is download and copy and past into Mods folder. :) Always, ALWAYS backup files first before doing so. (This mod, although now only set up for use in DH Full, will not be hard for those who know how to add to directories should be able to apply this to any mod that does NOT use event ID 88880000 upward. I will later on merge this into AAR once I get the support and permissions I need. This is for error testing thus far as I don't have the time to test these events by myself. If you have an error to report or suggestion, it will be welcomed and taken aboard.

For a very long time now I've been somewhat disappointed with the lack of events for Australia, well I've decided to get off my arse and do something about it! Please be patient as this mod will take a VERY long time to complete as from January 1914-December 1963 and afterward the modern day era from 1963-1987. To make it even more interesting, the material I'm working off of is from books. I will be cleaning up the events below and to do so will name the Australian states (for those who do not know) and their abbreviations here.

Victoria (VIC) New South Wales (NSW) Queensland (QLD) Western Australia (WA) Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Northern Territory (NT) South Australia (SA) Tasmania (TAS)

Examples; -5 AUGUST 1914 - The first shot was fired for the Empire from Fort Nepean VIC. News of the declaration of war reached the fort at 1210PM when the German merchant ship Pfalz was moving down Port Phillip Bay to the heads. 10mins later the battery fired a shot across its bows forcing the ship to surrender.

-2 January 1943 - Australia sent its first envoy to the USSR.

- 1945 - Adelaide-born pathologist Howard Florey, co-discoverer of penicillin, was the first Australian to be awarded the Nobel Prize.

- 19 February 1951 - A Melbourne prostitute, Jean Lee and her 2 pimps Robert Clayton and Norman Andrews were hanged at Pentridge Gaol. They had been convicted in March 1950 of the torture and killing of a 73 year old bookie. (Bookmaker)

Almost all of the events will have some form of direct effect on gameplay! As this will be a long and labour intensive project I will do gradual uploads in seperate files to avoid dragging the guts out of the DH engine.

**GOALS**
A lot of events need touching up (triggers) and some final polishing to fit into 1.03. WORKS FINE FOR ME ON 1.03, enjoy and give me some input please.
1914-1918 - NEEDS POLISHING (98 Events)
1919-1933 - READY FOR USE (174 Events)
1933-1939 - READY FOR USE (70 Events)
1938 Empire Games - On Backburner
1939-1945 - ALL DOCUMENTED NEEDS CODING (149 Events)
1945-1950 - READY FOR USE (46 Events)
1956 Olympic Games - On Backburner
1950-1959 - Ongoing (Over 70 Events coded thus far up to 1958)
1963-1970 - Ongoing
1970-1983 - Ongoing

**NEWS FLASH** I have managed to obtain a book, "The Herald 150 Years, 1840-1990!"
To win Mod Of The Month on completion
Full integration into DH Full/AAR, RDD III, possibly NWO and MDS

Last edited:
Totally endorsing this mod. I've played only one game ever as Austrialia and it was quite bland for such a well placed country.

Much appreciated! I still think Australia is too small as in province to area size for a country close to the size of the USA by landmass. But that's what the EU map is for! :cool:

Last edited:
According to the Australian Government's Geoscience website, the mainland area of Australia is 7 659 861 sq km, and the total land area (including 32 163 sq km for the islands) of Australia is 7 692 024 sq km. This equates to about 2 969 907 sq miles.

If you add the marine area of Australia (410 977 sq km), the total surface area of the continent, including its immediate islands and their waters, is 8 103 001 sq km. This figure excludes all the offshore territories of Australia.

Australia is the smallest continent, but not the largest island. In area, it is the 6th largest country in the world.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_total_area_of_Australia#ixzz27hpdp5mm
The USA is 9,161,923 km² (3,537,438 mi²). Bit of trivia for the day!

According to the Australian Government's Geoscience website, the mainland area of Australia is 7 659 861 sq km, and the total land area (including 32 163 sq km for the islands) of Australia is 7 692 024 sq km. This equates to about 2 969 907 sq miles.

If you add the marine area of Australia (410 977 sq km), the total surface area of the continent, including its immediate islands and their waters, is 8 103 001 sq km. This figure excludes all the offshore territories of Australia.

Australia is the smallest continent, but not the largest island. In area, it is the 6th largest country in the world.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_total_area_of_Australia#ixzz27hpdp5mm
The USA is 9,161,923 km² (3,537,438 mi²). Bit of trivia for the day!

I've always found this confusing, so is Australia a country and a continent? Does the continent include New Zealand and New Guinea etc. as well? :confused:

I've always found this confusing, so is Australia a country and a continent? Does the continent include New Zealand and New Guinea etc. as well? :confused:

Australia is her own country and continent, New Zealand is not a part of us nor is New Guinea. Just off the coast of Victoria alone, there is over 150 smaller islands :eek:

Well, I am working in chronological order and am up to December '15... I don't want to stop doing that now. I'm sorry :sad: and on top of this I have OCD I can't stop once I've started working on a single project. If it'd make you feel better I am happy to give you a hug! I promise, no sleazy gropes...maybe...:cool:

Last edited:
you should focus first on the first and second world war, than you should do the interwar time

i dont want to command you how to do you work, but interwar period isnt covered well in vanilla DH

This is true, this mod is also for AAR. However I will be doing WW I then WW II before going back to the 1918-1939 era.

Anything that makes Australia, one of my favourite nations (would love if it wasn't for the spiders) then I totally endorse it.
Don't forget them lovely snakes! Thanks for the support and I am working on this and will be done forthwith.

Doing some beta testing of 1914-1918. Hopefully I didn't bugger up too much, if all goes well it will be ready as early as tomorrow.

Don't forget them lovely snakes! Thanks for the support and I am working on this and will be done forthwith.
1st Australian Paratroopers "Snakes on a Plane" divison. DO IT.
Doing some beta testing of 1914-1918. Hopefully I didn't bugger up too much, if all goes well it will be ready as early as tomorrow.
Screenshots always stir my gaming juices when I see mods like these :D

1st Australian Paratroopers "Snakes on a Plane" divison. DO IT.

Screenshots always stir my gaming juices when I see mods like these :D

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!! I love it! As for screenshots, it's just one GINORMOUS event chain the game is still the same.