• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Citizens of the World:

The "allied" nations continue to show their true agenda of spreading imperialism to continue to shackle the working classes. Not only did they attack ourpeaceful nation unprovoked, we now have witnessed the brazen invasion of the Greek state by the imperialists. Under the guise of "protecting" Greece, multiple thousands of blood-thirsy British, Canadian, and Australian mercenaries have been deployed into positions with Greece for the imminent invasion of Italian territory. These mercenaries have commandeered the Greek armed forces and forced these units into aggressive postures as well. The Governments of these so-called allied nations have couped the legitimate government in Greece and replaced it with one that seeks a policy of militant expansionism within the Balkan region. The Italian people are outraged that this new Greek government did not even have the diplomatic courtesy of announcing its intentions to engage our people's with hostility. It was evident only after Greek, British, Canadian, and Australian mercenaries fired on the thousands of Italian aid workers that were stationed along the border to ease the suffering of the thousands of Greeks fleeing from the new oppressive regime that now governs their country. Rest assured Greek peoples, the Italian and Romanian people pledge our support to the ouster of these invaders and promise to assist you in the reclamation of your country. In support of this statement, Italian soldiers have been mobilized and are in route for immediate deployment in the War for Greek Independence. Already, hundreds of thousands of Greek soldiers are deserting their units to take up arms along side their Italian and Romanian liberators.

The greater outrage that Il Douche wishes to proclaim to the citizens of the world is that of the invasion of the Italian homeland. Despite showing no hostile actions towards the Imperialist governments, British and ANZAC mercenaries invaded the southern end of the Italian boot, quickly overrunning the Italian port cities of Bari and Taranto. Despite the strategic advantage it would have provided, the Italian military was ordered not to engage in bombings of its own cities. We refuse to increase the suffering of our civilian populations. It is already having to endure the rioting and looting of the unciviled "allied" gangs that are too busy spreading their indignation to actually engage the Army of Southern Italy. This just proves to Il Douche that the allied nations are hell bent on generating as much destruction and chaos as possible, rather than the traditional model of warfare as merely being armed diplomacy. But take heart, citizens, already Italian partisans are arising to fight the invaders. Italian patriots have been busy destroying the port facilities of Taranto and Bari to deprive the allies of the ability to use them to bring in supplies. These same partisans are also destroying allied supply depots to deprive the mercenaries of their means to inflict savagery amongst our people. We urge all Italian people to keep these brave soldiers for Italy in their hearts and prayers at night that they may continue to fight for their homeland.

Sadly, this continued aggression against our peaceful nation has become too much. Il Douche has been patient with the imperial warmongers far longer than his peoples wanted him to be. But even the benevolent Il Douche has limits to his generosity. Because of this, the Italian government wishes to inform the British and ANZAC governments that their hostility will now be met with the full force of arms by the Italian military. Any person of British, French, or ANZAC nationality that is not deemed to be observing the rules of civilized warfare in according with the Geneva convention will be judged to be a mercenary and/or a spy and dealt with accordingly. The invaders in southern Italy have not shown themselves to be true soldiers, and have already been judged to be mercenaries engaging in conduct that violates the spirit and letter of the Geneva convention. We impore the British and ANZAC governments to use the next few weeks to evacuate their position on our homeland. After that, the Italian military will use its full force to bring justice to these criminals.

To the goverments of the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand: Your actions towards Italy have been weighed in the balance by the free peoples of the world and have been found wanting. May God have mercy on your souls, for we Italians will not.

Signed,
Il Douche

nice wall of text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how long did it take you to write that? I would have needed at least a week.

15 minutes over lunch at work, believe it or not.

Jagdpnzr said:
Very nice posting Ugly Guy. I needed a good laugh.

I count Baghdad Bob as a strong influence on my AAR postings. I try to relay the key points of what happened to Italy in the game in the memo from Il Douche, but the real fun is in the ever so slight bias in which the events are portrayed.

Chapter 3: Fall of France

Session 3 (September 17th to November 29th)

With the fall of Poland the German army had little time to settle down and enjoy their rapid victory, with the overly aggressive allied maneuvers including a daring if a tad bit reckless attack by the french on the Siegfried line it was clear the french and British would not wait very much longer to attack our western border. General Hassuer commanding 4th army was currently the only army in any position to attack the french lines, and indeed requested permission to start offensive maneuvers through the Netherlands while Manstein's first army could attack through Belgium and Luxemburg. Yes it seemed like it was the old Schlieffen Plan all over again, this most likely would have suited the french just fine since they built their massive fortifications in southern france almost beckoning the germans to send infantry down into the northern countries where the french would meet them and hold the lines till the British were in a better position to attack somewhere else perhaps. However Poland showed another path for the germans to take, blitzkrieg!. Indeed germany would attack through the Netherlands and Belgium with there infantry as the french expected, but further south rommel's 1st armor division would make breakthroughs through the ardennes and Luxemburg into france.

Late September, and the armor was still in Poland it would take a few weeks to redeploy to the west, so in the meantime it was deemed necessary to start the war in the Netherlands immediately, 4th army began the attack with support from elements of 1st army. 4th army made quick work of the overwhelmed belgium forces and by oct 8th they had almost reached the Belgium border. For the the Belgium campaign high command expected the french to quickly move in and secure bruxelles and the surrounding area for it's good defensive terrain, to combat this the 1st marine's under the now famous Lt General Jacobs was tasked with making a hole so 1st armor could ride on through into the french country side, they would be aided by close and constant airsupport by the Luftwaffe.

By October 20th 1st armor division successfully redeployed to the west and there respective rally points, now the true face of the german plan was to be revealed, this would not be Schlieffen part 2...no Germany would not fight ww1 all over again. In the north with the help of 4th army, 1st panzer would break through the lines around bruxelles and head into northern france take the coast and push on west until passing paris. 2nd panzer would take advantage of the bottleneck of Belgium and french forces fighting for the capitol and strike through verviers at the southern tip of Belgium pushing through central france passing just south of paris with 1st army right behind them filling the gaps and heading for the heart of france there beautiful Paris!... 3rd panzer corps would wait patiently outside Luxembourg for 1st and 2nd panzer to be on french soil then strike through Luxembourg into southern france it's main objectives troy's, beasecon thus cutting off the Maginot line.

Breakthrough!, by November 5th three gaps open up across france and the germans begin to pour into them, with little to no resistance from the R.A.F. ...the Luftwaffe is free to harass the french army with it's close air support plane the stuka a new breed of terror bombing french forces whenever they dare stand and fight, while the tactical bombers destroy radio towers and communications behind the lines the french army is now essentially blind and unable to reorganize itself.

Late November General Manstein sends a communique to Berlin that the encirclement of Paris is compete and he estimates it can only hold out for a few more days, meanwhile rommel's 1st armor Division is now deep into central france with the majority of the french army now in full retreat, while General Hausser and 4th army make there way to caen and cherbourg on the french coast.

December 8th France falls!, it is deemed necessary to set up a french government in the south while we take the strategically important coastal region and northern france under out control.

Last edited:
Why did the Allies land in southern Italy? There's nothing there...

Given what they've done in the following session [new update on next wednesday probably on this session], we wonder too... ;)

We wanted some nice Pizza :D and its part of Genius Master plan !!! and the Axis propganda dont say about anything our great bombings on Rome :p or in Romania

Next update

200px-Razboiul_Sfant_Contra_Bolsevismului_1941_stamp_svg.png

RĂZBOIUL SFÂNT CONTRA BOLŞEVISMULUI
(The Holy War against Bolshevism)
November 30th 1939 – June 14th 1940

NEW POST NOVEMBER 21st
NORTH AMERICA SERIES GAME #5

Players (11/11): AXIS (Germany (2), Italy, Japan & Romania), ALLIES (UK, USA, Canada & Australia), KOMINTERN (USSR, 2 players after France fall)

FURTUNĂ ÎN BALCANI (THUNDERSTORM IN THE BALKANS)

The failure of Operation Megáli Vlahía
Buna Vestire
November – December 1939

November 30th: USA, after a close vote in the Senate where there was much opposition to President Roosevelt will, enact The National Unlimited Emergency Act.

December 1st: Soviet Union declares war to Finland. Friends of Romania are targeted by the Bear. Bolshevism is trying to spread further in the free world. Romanian Ambassador in Helsinki transmits Romania official letter of support. Discussions are underway for military help. On a happier note, Paris falls to Germans troops who are making steady progress to quell the Bolshevism threat in the West.

December 8th: An armistice is signed between France and Germany, which results in the division of France whereby Germany would control the north and west, a small Italian occupation zone in the southeast, and an unoccupied zone, the “Zone Libre” is to be run by Marshall Philippe Petain himself under the newly formed Vichy government. Germans parade in Paris.

Hitler and Wehrmacht in Paris

InParis.jpg

December 12th: Italian-Romanian offensive in Greece is halted. Winter comes early and some snow fall is even recorded in the Greek mountains. After taking Katerini and Sikya, Fascist forces make a push for Larisa but are later driven out. The front stabilizes on the Astakos-Larisa line for the Allied, and the Katerini-Arta line for the Fascists.

Winter Entrenchment: The Front stabilizes

Frontstable.jpg

December 29th: Winston Churchill delivers an important speech to the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom:

(...) However matters may go in France or with the French Government or with another French Government, we in this island and in the British Empire will never lose our sense of comradeship with the French people. If we are now called upon to endure what they have suffered we shall emulate their courage, and if final victory rewards our toils they shall share the gains, aye. And freedom shall be restored to all. We abate nothing of our just demands—Czechs, Poles, Norwegians, Dutch, Belgians, all who have joined their causes to our own shall be restored.

What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be freed and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.

But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new dark age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, This was their finest hour.​

January 5th 1940: Canadians forces in Southern Italy surrenders near Taranto. Most of Canadians divisions who participated in the landing are reported lost.

Teroarea din cer (Terror from above)
Buna Vestire
January – April 1940

January 16th: For the first time, Allies bombers are seen over Romanian soil. A campaign of terror begins against Romania. Australian and British bombers run daily bombing against major cities in Great Romania. War Cabinet orders curfew over all of Romania. Conducãtor Antonescu reveals to King Carol II Plan Patrie (Motherland), detailed war preparations to protect Romania against attack from the sky. --- Romania retaliates by bombing Athens.

Plan Patrie

OperationPatrie.jpg

January 20th: Minister of Armament, Caius Brediceanu, tables a proposal to the Chamber of representatives to stimulate the economy make up for Allies pressure and bombing strategy. The Chamber accepts.

January 26th: War Cabinet officially put on hold the offensive in Greece. Minister of Foreign Affairs, Gheorghe Tatarescu, meets his counterpart from Italy, Gian Galeazzo Ciano, to arrange Italian takeover in Greece. Italian troops are to replace Romanians in every area, except Katerini and Thessaly coast.

January 29th: Germany invades Norway who was leaning toward the Allies. Norway is considered essential for Germany as Swedish metals transit along its coast. --- Sofia is burning, as Allied bombing reaches its peak on this major city of Greater Romania.

January 30th: Preparations for Barbarossa begin. The offensive against the root of Bolshevism, as announced by Adolf Hitler on October 27th during the secret meeting held with Conducãtor Antonescu at the Wolfsschanze, is set for June 1st 1940.

February 8th: Norway surrenders. Government in exile is established in London.

February 13th: Siam is conquered by Japan who sphere of influence is now enclosing all China, Manchukuo and Caroline and Mariana Islands.

Japan, a monster awaiting?

NewYorkTimes.jpg

March 14th: No progress on the Italian front. Romanian troops keep moving out, gradually being replaced by Italian counterpart. Daily shelling of Allies position is ongoing, with no significant results so far.

March 28th: Bolshevik coup in Switzerland brings the Marxist Party in power. Thousand flee the country. Fascist party in Switzerland, Garda de Fier sympathisers, asks for Italian help. The Social Democrats flee to London, seeking British help.

April 6th: Italia declares war on Switzerland to quell the Bolshevism threat and prevent any British interference.

April 23rd: Allied bombing intensify. Bucharest, Varna and Constanta are burning rubbles.

Major Romanian cities devastated by Allies bombs

StrategicWarfare2b.jpg

April 29th: Conducãtor Antonescu, supported by Minister of Religious Affairs, Horia Sima, delivers an important speech in Bucharest: “Romania shall stand. Our fate is in the hand of God. Not believing in Romania fate, is the same as not believing on God himself. We shall sacrifice everything we have to fulfill God’s will. The crusade against Bolshevism is our destiny. The constant bombing we are suffering is a meaningless attempt by those traitors to test our will.”

Trojan Horse
Buna Vestire
May – June 1940

May 12th: Axis launches a new offensive in Greece. The new battle plan is based on former Operation “Megáli Vlahía”, but is to be implemented by Germany.

May 17th: Germans breakthrough in Larisa. Allies rush for the exit… Aussies, Canadians and Brits are running, leaving behind valuable military material. Greeks National Army can’t stand against Italians on the Western Coast. The Allied Greek front is collapsing. The Royal Navy and the Canadian Royal Navy are dispatched to evacuate their respective troops. Regia Marina intercepts Canadian ships and sinks some of them. Multiple naval battles occur near the Matapan Cape and in the Ionian Sea.

From plan to battle: Operation “Megáli Vlahía” revisited

Germanoffensive.jpg

June 2nd: Antonescu I. A. is named Protector al Bulgariei (Protector of Bulgaria). First paramilitary units, called “Camasile Verzi”(1), are formed. Their marching orders are to pacify former Bulgaria. In former Hungary, Lliescu Antonescu, is named Protector al Ungaria (Protector of Hungary).

(1) NDLR: During those tormented years, there were the Brown Shirts in Germany, the Black ones in Italy and the Green ones in Romania.​

June 10th: Stalinistic and Leninist split. Support to Bolshevism down to 7% (4% to Stalinistic and 3% to Leninists). The home crusade against the Red is a daily duty.

Political situation in Romania

political-1.jpg

June 14th: The economic blockade against United Kingdom is rock solid. Monthly sunk tonnage is very high. At home, Romanian anti-air campaign is a success. The Axis is winning the strategic war. USA newspapers spread doubt on the Allied strategy in the North Atlantic.

Sunday Telegraph

newspaper.jpg

Last edited:
Europe under the "Axis boot" (Italy). That part of Europe is called Africa, my friend ;)

I liked this update, and especially how you convey the information in different ways. Plain text, pictures, edited screenshots, "newspapers"... Keep up the good work!

Europe under the "Axis boot" (Italy). That part of Europe is called Africa, my friend ;)

Hahaha... and it is under British occupation... which makes this comment even more funny !

I liked this update, and especially how you convey the information in different ways. Plain text, pictures, edited screenshots, "newspapers"... Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot.

In the past, I was mostly making edited picture + Plain text. Gradually, I added historical pictures to them.

The idea of "newspaper" came out when I fell on an old piece of newspaper talking about the scuttling of the Graf Spee. Combined this with the huge impact of robw963 AAR on USA had on me --- lets be honest, the graphical quality of his AAR is awesome --- so I felt I had to increase the visual of mine and dig in my imagination to come with new ways to express this AAR.

The harder part of this is to get some historical accuracy in the chain of events and the characters that interact in the internal turmoil of Romania and write down some stuff in Romanian. It adds to the "feeling" I try to create. Well, I hope it does... :blush:

I've been meaning to make an update but after the Sino-Japanese war (of which I forgot to take a single picture) there was nothing worth updating on my end. So to make up for my absence this update will be a two-parter with a lot of pics!

Part 1:
First Strike
6qDME.jpg

Despite successes that exceeded all expectations in China, Japan was in a fragile state. China offered vast amounts of manpower and factories to the Empire, but it lacked the two things that Japan needed the most: oil and rares. The Imperial General Headquarters therefore deemed it necessary to acquire the resource rich provinces of the DEI and Malay peninsula. Realizing that the US would become involved in any Japanese conflict with the Allies, the Imperial Staff drew up plans for a pre-emptive strike at Pearl Harbor in order to cripple the USN's ability to intervene for at least 6 months.

Operation AI
6lyEu.png

The strike on Pearl Harbor would be carried out with 4 fleets that included over 90% of the IJN's capital ships. The main strike force set off from Truk and consisted of 10 fleet carriers, which would prevent any hostile ships from interfering with the invasion. Two smaller carrier task forces remained behind the main fleet, one to provide fighter sweeps over the airfield, and another to bomb the garrison. Finally, every battleship in the IJN was present to provide shore bombardment. Grand Admiral Yamamoto was given the honor of leading the Combined Fleet in the first and most important battle of the war.

mCMZa.png

On June 25th, a date which will live in infamy, the invasion of Pearl Harbor began. 5 divisions each of 60,000 SNLF began the invasion of Sunset Beach and Honolulu. US CAGs from the task force defending Hawaii immediately scrambled into the air, but were shot down by the overwhelming number of Imperial CAGs.

k5LgJ.png

Meanwhile, the remaining carrier task force of the IJN was tasked with the capture of Guam. The defenders in Guam were putting up a much harder fight than in Hawaii despite the lack of any air cover.

83iCb.jpg

In New Guinea, a force of 45,000 regular infantry and small warship escorts were attempting to take the ports of Lae and Moresby. Unfortunately a few days after the invasions began, the Australian Royal Navy appeared with 2 battleships and defeated the IJN's light escorts in the Battle of the Coral Sea
(Note: speed setting was at 2 because I declared war before Germany invaded Russia and with all the other battles going on I couldn't get a pic of the naval fight)

GP8JH.jpg

On June 29th, infantry of the newly formed Oceanic Army landed in Singapore and Malaysia. RN Task Force Z was set to intercept the landings, but arrived too late to stop the infantry from coming ashore. Nevertheless, the flagship of the Royal Navy, the HMS Hood, and 2 of its sister battleships were determined to fight for the glory of the British Empire.

yEgwI.jpg

Despite being outgunned by the heavier British battleships, the battlecruisers of the landing force fought ferociously and managed to sink 2 battleships and severely crippled the Hood before losing the Hiei and Kirishima.

EQzLe.png

On July 2nd, Guam fell and the US fleet tried to escape to Midway. Unfortunately for them, the carriers under the command of Vice Admiral Nomura were faster than the old outdated battleships and managed to sink every single one of them before they could get to a friendly port.

3g02v.png

After the SNLF gained a foothold on Sunset Beach it became clear to the US that Pearl Harbor was untenable. The US fleet was forced to withdraw and leave the infantry behind to their fate, but Yamamoto was waiting for them.

5lv9P.png

The pilots of US forces were so desperate that they flung themselves at the ships of the IJN without fighters! (The 1st Enterprise CAG is at 0 strength and org, really wish paradox would fix that).

iisO7.png

Although most of the American Fleet managed to escape Pearl Harbor, the Japanese death star was faster and beat the retreating US ships to every sea zone. Only a handful of ships in the fleet of 23 managed escape to San Francisco.

DvkwV.jpg

In the frozen wastelands of Siberia, Imperial Army units advancing on Vladivostok from Korea met heavy Soviet resistance. Meanwhile an unsuspecting landing took place far in the north. This landing party included 3 newly created "Panzer" divisions and some of Japan's finest leaders spearheading the assault.

Wow, very nice work with Japan. Do you have a task force lined up for Midway?

Update on session 6 (November 19th) by Romania shall be posted by the end of the week.
Update on session 7 (November 27th) by Romania shall be posted a couple of days later.

I had to wait before posting AAR of session 6 to assess if I could or could not post the sensitive info that will be appearing in some pictures, e.g. it all depended on how Axis would fare in session 7. Since it went rather... well... (cough, cough) I will be able to post some nice and sensitive pictures as I hoped.