• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(526990)

First Lieutenant
1 Badges
Jul 21, 2012
  • Arsenal of Democracy
I've just been checking out the AI files, looking at tweaking a few things (e.g. making naval strikes more likely to happen). I noticed that in Germany's file, under air missions:

strategicstrikedesirability = 0.0
installationstrikedesirability = 0.0

Are these values genuinely multipliers, i.e., Germany never does strategic and installation strikes? And if so, why? It seems a little odd. The logistical and airfield strike missions also seem undervalued. I had been wondering why, during the Battle of Britain, Germany loves bombing garrisoned units but never seems to bomb anything of value...

Historically, I know that German intelligence made a hash of working out which British airfields were Bomber Command and which were air defence, leading to their airfield strikes being relatively ineffectual. Is the low airfield strike priority a way to simulate that? That doesn't explain the zero priority of strategic bombing though.

Having said all this, as ever, I'm very new to all this, and I know that these values might be here for a very good reason, even if they're not really historical!