• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fl0_at

Recruit
4 Badges
Sep 16, 2012
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hey, I'm new to this forum, but anyway I wanted to use custom music during battles without overwriting the original music.

My problem is that if I add them to the music directory and the music.txt file, they simply won't play - if I delete all the "standard music"-lines of the code, the game crashes. Yes, of course I know how to google and no, I didn't find anyone with this specific issue. I don't know exactly which thread it was, but I read in this forum that you have to edit the source code of Mount and Blade. Since there was no explanation of how this source code might look like or where it is found, this did not help me at all. I know that this problem is very specific but I still hope that there might be some genious on this forum who knows how to do this stuff :)

I'd be grateful for any post, even if it does only help a little :happy:

You need the module system if they made one for the download content. I added music as well as replaced the original tracks in Warband.

Delete the original ones from the lines of the music.txt code, just copy and past the rest of em for a few lines until you are sure it is as long or longer than the original code.

Should work, as it does for me.