Get the Chance to Design Your Coat of Arms and Have it in the Game!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannie

Paradox Publishing
10 Badges
Nov 9, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
The War of the Roses team has issued a challenge, in the form of a competition, to see who can truly inspire terror on the battleground just by their look alone. We are looking for the most historically inspired charge—the decorative design on a shield or coat of arms—with the selected winner having their own charge featured in War of the Roses after launch. And please keep in mind, those these charges will be splattered in blood, let’s keep them “clean” until then.

How do you compete? - Simply post your suggestion for a coat of arms, charge in this thread*
How is the winner decided? - One week from today, September 28th we will close submission. We will announce the winner on October 1st.

Good luck everyone!

* We will look for a clean charge that will fit into the context of the game i.e. mediaeval Europe. PLease keep in mind it needs to be designed to work with all color choices.

CoA ex1.pngCoA ex2.pngCoA ex3.png

Wow, nice idea ^^

I'll throw one in just to take part, a fierce crowned lion sat atop a "defeated" (ala, dead) Welsh Dragon. This would be relating to the conquest of Wales and also tie in to St George himself. Presumably it would be the charge of a noble who took part in said conquest, historically speaking anyway xP

Probably awful, but oh well ^^ Looking forward to other people's suggestions

(I take it this is just the emblems, not the backgrounds themselves?)

Last edited:
My blazon:

Per pale azure and sable, a unicorn rampant argent with feathered wings addorsed and elevated

Coat of Arms large_winged.png

Well, there's this one:
251px-V%C3%A4sterg%C3%B6tland_vapen.svg.png

And also, a diagonal, like this: / white line on a field of blue. With this star:
Idrottsforeningen_kamraterna_stjarna.gif

Perhaps this one, though I am not sure if it is historically accurate:
G%C3%B6teborg_vapen.svg

I'd also like the ability to add a third cross, in the middle. Such as the flag of Norway.

Naseby.png
Fictional Naseby coat of arms

Dominguez.png
My family coat of arms

I can make them higher resolution if needed.

My suggestion would be something like this;

(apologies for rubbishness- i'm a terrible artist)
28vagpv.jpg

Important bits are the wavey lines reprenting rivers, a rearing lion thing(or perhaps a Griffin?) and the sword/scales of GREAT JUSTICE

(based on family crest designs)

h_shield.png

Thought it looked cool with a rusted shield border.

I've got a fever... and the only prescription is more RAVENS:

Rabenfels1_zpsa098fc8f.png
Rabenfels2_zpsff8375cc.png
Rabenfels3_zpsf9682863.png

Note to judges:

My heraldry is entirely vector-based (Only added a really slight "used look" layer in photoshop for on here), will work with any colour choices, can be changed at your whim, and I legally own everything that is used in those images.

Last edited:
This is a mockup of a coat of arms I designed and my friend drew a couple months ago. I think it's simple, but punchy. The drawing has some flaws, and it might not be quite Medieval enough for this contest, but I think it could be easily modified to fit the bill. It would obviously have to be redrawn digitally anyway. The banners/text can be ignored.

crest final_smaller.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.