• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nobody_1707

Recruit
13 Badges
Jan 1, 2010
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
The game is running very slowly. When I move the speed bar all the way to the right it plays at about 1x speed.

My specs are:
Intel Core i7-2620m 2.70 GHz
4 GB of RAM
Windows 8 64-bit Consumer Preview
AMD Radeon HD 6630m

I'm running the Steam version of Majesty Gold HD.

EDIT: This is weird, the Northern Expansion maps run fine, it's just the regular maps that are slow.

Last edited:
The game runs really slowly for me as well. It was so bad I felt perfectly safe walking away and leaving the game running. I came back about fifteen minutes later and suddenly the game was running amazingly well. I'm not sure if it needed time to warm up or something, or perhaps my laptop going into lock out intruder mode triggered something.

Aside from that I applied all sorts of fixes suggested in the Bug Fixes thread, the -nointro command lines, editing the Pref file in My Documents, none of that works. The slow motion almost makes the game not worth playing. But then you remember how awesome Majesty is and you just tough it out.

What helped me with unbearable Majesty HD slowness is to play in windowed mode. Here's command line parameters I use:
-w -edgescroll -nothreadedcursor -useddblit -blitmovietobackground

Now Majesty runs as smoothly as when it was new :)