• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is a place of honour in your court, you are making them more prestigious and paying them. Why would they dislike you? You didn't make them a dwarf.
Yes, it's not like court jester where you are giving them the role of a "fool". The characters who you can appoint as court dwarves are unfortunately already dwarves, but I guess you're giving them the honour of being around you more.

From now on, I shall exclusively marry dwarf queens!

Lol, so awesome that there is a court dwarf.
I beleive this is a screenshot from his game where he was exclusively playing as dwarf characters (using elective) and continuously breeding dwarves :)

Not a bad idea.

Too bad you can't take a step further on that, and breed an ARMY of dwarves!

Afterall, you could give them battle axes and tell them to aim for the genitals---perfect height advantage!

Encountered it a few times. Mainly makes me happy that I can use one of the other titles on somebody else :p

The first time I saw it I had to look twice though :p

I just like that it gives me an extra little title I can give to someone to shut him/her up and accept their place as my vassal. Used this a few times. Actually the funniest one was my marshal being my count dwarf as well. Despite the dwarf status he still had like 18-19 martial skill.

I just like that it gives me an extra little title I can give to someone to shut him/her up and accept their place as my vassal. Used this a few times. Actually the funniest one was my marshal being my count dwarf as well. Despite the dwarf status he still had like 18-19 martial skill.

Anyone else seeing the Mini-Me fight scenes from the Austin Powers movies in their mind?

Biggets reason why court dwarf /jester is such a title that gives +10 opinion.

Becuase the dwarf/jester is the only one allowed to joke about you infront of you.

This makes them happy that they can be at all ready expensive parties and laugh with you.

Should a duke or count really be able to become a "court dwarf"? It seems more like a courtier work.

2d1k179.jpg

Court dwarf is an equal-opportunity position! :rofl:

Speaking of which, William the Conqueror's wife was said to be 4'2"--maybe not quite a dwarf, but certainly unusually short even for those days. And Comm Cody, surely you mean, a court dwarf could be scapegoated for poisoning the King? Actually, that is something CK could use: scapegoats for suspicious deaths.

Well, that 0.03 ducats payment is probably the real reason for the +10 relations boost.

Really? my games are full of dwarves. Although, yeah, I was surprised the first time I saw the trait.

Being the guy who carries the King's cup around doesn't seem like an honor in the modern world, but that's because people today view subservience as a disgrace that one must rise above.

There's a wikipedia stub on court dwarves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_dwarf.

-snip-

Court dwarf is an equal-opportunity position! :rofl:
I can just imagine her suggestions in the court, as she wields her cruel, wrothful, honest dwarf justice.

Off topic: how did you do that awesome flag in a Vic II design?? I'm asking because Greece is one my favorite countries to play in Vic II

Thats just the fascist greek flag from VickyII

As the Dwarf King of Iceland and no (unfortunately) the loyal vassal of the king of Ireland - The king of ireland can eat my axe for that "honourable" title.

http://tannerritchie.blogspot.se/2012/02/dwarfs-in-courts-of-europe-in-early.html

and

http://quigleyscabinet.blogspot.se/2010/08/court-dwarfs.html

The link gives a nice explanation. Now, if you are NOT of noble birth and NOT a ruler then MAYBE it would be an honor to become court dwarf but as a ruler and a noble it's a bloody insult.
Those are some truly excellent links. I hope the devs look at them and change the title accordingly. Thank you.