• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One of the things I edited was lowering the hard attack of most infantry types massively so that tanks require dedicated countermeasures. Made winning against Germany much more interesting.

i edited misc.txt file, and removed the "armor weakness in urban combat" thing. that means that tanks still receive penalty, but not ridiculous levels of it. since its not just for armor and it refers to the softness of a unit, it solved the problem long ago.

i do however like mechas, if only because they can actually keep up and last longer in a fight than motorized, as well as move better than motorized over harsh terrain.

One of the things I edited was lowering the hard attack of most infantry types massively so that tanks require dedicated countermeasures. Made winning against Germany much more interesting.

Agreed.

Militia should have 0HA, though Panzerfaust/bazookas could become an attachment available as a midwar artillery tech

Infantry should get lower HA

Mech should get enough toughness and SA to wreck militia on most terrains, or at least force a devastating kill ratio against them.

Nobody's going to test this. There is basically no MP scene for Darkest Hour because it takes so damn long to play a game of it.

There you are wrong, look in GameRanger - where you can easly arrange ,join games - i have had Darkest hour MP games with even 10 people in (usually its smaller number), it really changes the game + no playing on sp, as it seems so boring. + As you can play saves in Darkest hour MP, you can finish unfinished Mp game in another game, thats why i really think paradox is making best MP games.

I for one would suggest to use Mec with Arm brigades to get a cheaper and more versatile tank division. this unit could be more effective overall since it can also fight in rougher terrain and urban areas. this can be useful for the US since they can research Armored Divs later and have the IC and manpower to build large Mec formations.

I for one would suggest to use Mec with Arm brigades to get a cheaper and more versatile tank division. this unit could be more effective overall since it can also fight in rougher terrain and urban areas. this can be useful for the US since they can research Armored Divs later and have the IC and manpower to build large Mec formations.

In the current patch, 1.02, mechanised take a huge penalty to fighting in urban areas.

Guys, did you take the HARD vs SOFT bonus into account? IIRC every soft unit gets higher ORG damage when fighting with HARD units.

Anyway, armour doesn't have to be (or even shouldn't be) more cost-effective ICdays-wise than infantry in standard fighting, but at least its nominal power should be much greater. That would make tanks more crucial during breakthroughs.

MECH vs CAV balance doesn't look right. It seems that it's rather pointless to build MECHs...

Anyway, the discussion is rather moot because 1.03 will change combat balance, anyway.