• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks very promising. Cool interface. The wood and gold trim reminds me a bit of the Old Vic DLC (though I sadly couldn't get that to work quite right with the patch that was out when I bought it... haven't checked to see if that was fixed...)

Very interesting :) I like the map look, but not a big fan of the "wooden-y" interface look. Th einterface itself does look neat and clean though.

You've got my interest piqued with coalitions! :)

I like the idea about having territories without cities. I believe that is a first for PDS games? (even Sengoku had castles in every province).

I really hope PDS catches the feeling of moving corps units around for the french and divisions/armies for the allies.
It was the corps' among other things that gave the french an edge.
A couple of other things off the top of my head would be the ability to encircle (Battle of Ulm) and using cavalry for skirmishing.
Also the winner of the battlefield takes the guns, should be in the game.
Finally I hope battles will be swift, since they seldom lasted longer than daylight allowed.

I like the idea about having territories without cities. I believe that is a first for PDS games? (even Sengoku had castles in every province).

I really hope PDS catches the feeling of moving corps units around for the french and divisions/armies for the allies.
It was the corps' among other things that gave the french an edge.
A couple of other things off the top of my head would be the ability to encircle (Battle of Ulm) and using cavalry for skirmishing.
Also the winner of the battlefield takes the guns, should be in the game.
Finally I hope battles will be swift, since they seldom lasted longer than daylight allowed.
Well, since we've seen a day-night counter (aka: clock) I guess battles would indeed be mostly fought by daylight with an exceptional surprise attack/skirmish in the dark.

I really like the day/night clock and cant wait for more info about the coalition system.

Sounds good, looks good :)

Very interesting :) I like the map look, but not a big fan of the "wooden-y" interface look. Th einterface itself does look neat and clean though.

You've got my interest piqued with coalitions! :)

I agree!

Looks fantastic!

BTW someone else has mentioned they were getting a permissions problem on the front page. I am getting that too so you might want to check that.

One question I have is will battles be spread across many provinces or will their be major pitched battled in mega stacks and how bad is attrition? Does the winters in Russia affect Russian troops as well as French for example?

Looks fantastic!

BTW someone else has mentioned they were getting a permissions problem on the front page. I am getting that too so you might want to check that.

One question I have is will battles be spread across many provinces or will their be major pitched battled in mega stacks and how bad is attrition? Does the winters in Russia affect Russian troops as well as French for example?
Attrition should be horrendous. Armies would lose up to 10% manpower just by marching. Of course it doesn't represent dead soldiers but rather a variety of circumstances such as illness, desertion, garrisoning supply lines etc.
Armies would usually go into winter quarters to avoid serious attrition during winter.

Looking good! That interface looks excellent!

Getting the Napoleonic feel is more than just EU3 with a HOI army set up..I am interested to see how they are going to get the flavour and immersion of this setting.A directionless sandbox game with Turkey invading England ala EU3 style would be a huge fail.

Sengoku did not get close to nailing the flavour of that setting in my view.

Looks amazing! Looking forward to see the coalition system, hopefully it would avoid countries switching sides during the war. I'm actually even more excited about the fact that it is a feature for EUIV as well!

And what I hope for, is some savegame convertor from CK2 -> EU4 -> MotE -> V2 -> HoI3.

I wonder if MotE would be able to handle an EU4 save. It seems like it's too objective-based for this to be feasible; I think it needs all of the major players in their proper places for things to work correctly. Of course, I only the devs know how that would work at this point, so your guess is as good as mine. :)

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing more about this game!

This looks really great! I'm keeping a very close eye to see how MOTE develops now - as if I wasn't already ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.