• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unit101

Captain
29 Badges
May 7, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
A post-WW2 world with a victorious Germany: Alpha version 0.22

At the moment the mod is still in development stage.

Compatibility:
- Darkest Hour Full 1.03 RC1 version, unmodified.

Installation instructions:
1: Copy a clean install and unmodified version of Darkest Hour Full 1.03 RC2 and rename it "Fatherland".
2: Download the winrar file (download link below)
3: Add the files of the download to the corrosponding directories of this new map (e.g. "fatherland.eug" goes into the "scenarios" directory, mods.csv goes into the "config" directory)

Mod recruitment:
Anyone willing to contribute events and ideas is more than welcome! Proper credits will be given of course!

Things to help with:
- Cabinets, OOBs and general improvement of the .inc files
- Hungarian-Romanian war suggestions and events, as well as other conflicts.
- Internal strife events for Germany
- Any other events for a post-WW2 world with Germany victorious

Credits:
-To pakotorino for continuing this mod.
-To the game designers for having made such an awesome game!
-To "Ticket Cookie" for events on Serbia and France.
-To Bizon for allowing me to use files from his New World Order mod. The NWO mod is also a great inspiration.
-To Kaiserreich team for letting me use some of their files for the Cossacks and Idel-Ural State.
-To Chronic for the flag of the Lokot Republic.
-To Panzergruppe for suggesting the Lokot cabinet.
-To AnnoyingGuy for providing gfx.
-To all members of the community who contributed in the mod thread.
-To king of estonia for the Goralenland flag.

Download Link: (updated 19-03-2013) Version 0.22 Alpha
https://mega.co.nz/#!kdEWmRwD!Fg7QERFqAG29ZmRfTzMY1Hmwb49nAfpYjd8t0yNpCvo

Changelog:
Code:
####################################
# Changelog for Alpha version 0.22
# Bug fixing:
- Fixed multiple bugs 
- Fixed scenario axis alliance (thanks to Korodikrisz)
- Fixed Plan Marshall for Free France (thanks to Ticket Cookie)
- Fixed Serbia's Future (thanks to Ticket Cookie)
- Fixed Free France Capital (thanks to Ticket Cookie)
- Fixed French Coastline (thanks to Ticket Cookie)
- Fixed Transylvania crisis (thanks to Unit)		 

# Events/Decisions:
- New events chains : Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco (thanks to Ticket Cookie)	
- New events chains : The Vladivostok Conference (thanks to Pako)
- New events chains : Italy (thanks to Unit)			

# Gfx:
- New Original splashscreen (credits Pako)

# Scenario files (INC):
- Fixed Italy.inc (Unit)
- Fixed Finland.inc 

# Other
- Fixed and added ministers_ger.csv
- New nation : Morocco (thanks to Ticket Cookie 6 news ministers, 1 new leader+1 new flag&shield [thanks to RumpNissen0]
# Changelog for Alpha version 0.20

# Bug fixing:
- 
# Events/Decisions:
- Added events chain for the Hitler Died
- Added events chain for a central asia war
- Added events chain to gain core as U01 on Algeria and Tunisia.
# Ministers, leaders and tech teams:
- Fixed Admiral Darlan leader and tech team for Free France and Vichy at the same time(+HoG Chief of Navy of VIC), he is now available only for Vichy.
# gfx:
- Added flags, shields and counters for Fascist Germany, Communist Kazakhstan, Communist Turkestan, Independent Turkestan and Axis Turkestan. 
# Scenario files (INC):
- Soviet Union no longer has cores on the Baltics, Bessarabia and Karelia.
- Changed Free France capital back to Brazzaville.
- Fixed Free France claims on North Africa.
# Scenario files (INC. OOBs):
- Provisional Soviet OOB
# Changelog for Alpha version 0.19

# Bug fixing:
- Reorganized the mods.csv file to prevent "translation missing" errors.
# Events/Decisions:
- Added 14 new events for the Abadan Crisis (inspired by the NWO mod, all credit goes to them for the parts I copied)
- Added new 10 general events for U44 and GER for the General Government.
- Added 9 new events for the future of the General Government
- Omitted "Operation Barbarossa".
- Fixed some of the "Ost" events. 
- Added a few more "Ost" events, including integration of Osland, pacification events for RK Ukraine and an expansion event for the Lokot Republic.
- Added an event for Volksgrenadier divsions when Germany is forced on the defensive.
- Changed the files for the Cossacks (TRA) and Idel Ural State (UER)
# gfx:
- Added flags, shields and counters for the Idel Ural State and Goralenland.
- Added one new event picture.
# Scenario files (INC):
- Removed the "AXI" tag (Crimea) from the scenario and alloted the territory to GER.
- Added a cabinet for the Cossack Federation (TRA)
# Scenario files (INC. OOBs):
- Reorganized the German airforce. 
# Map:
-
# Other:
- Changed the revolt.txt file to create the Idel Ural State.
- Changed the revolt.txt file to give province 341 (Novi Sad) to Hungary upon creation (as an extra province).
- Added a new country: Goralenland (U62, formerly Far Eastern Host)
- Added a new country: Galicia (U54, formerly West Ukrainian People's Republic)

# Changelog for Alpha version 0.18

# Bug fixing:
-
# Events/Decisions:
- Added 37 new events for the Romanian-Hungarian war
- Added new events for Free France, by Ticket Cookie. 
- Added a new cabinet for the Lokot Republic
- Added a new leader for the Lokot Republic
- The tech teams for Free France have been improved. 
# gfx:
- Added a new flag, shield and counter for the Lokot Republic
- Added a new flag, shield and counter for the Cossack Federation
# Scenario files:
- Minor diplomacy changes.
- Expanded the territory of the Lokot Republic.
# Scenario files (OOB):
- Temporarily removed the Soviet OOB for reorganization.
- Temporarily removed the German Naval and Ariforce OOB for reorganization.
- Reorganized the German land divisions in a more realistic way.
- Vichy colonial divisions now belong to Free France. 
# Map:
-
# Other:
- From now on the Alpha version is compatible only with DH 1.3 RC1. 
- The scenario files are no longer an adapted version of the DH 1.2 1942 scenario, but instead the DH 1.3 1945 scenario.

Note:
I am currently not working on this mod, but forum memmber pakotorino is currently working on updating and improving this mod. Thanks a lot in advance and all the best to you and all others who wish to make this mod a reality!

Last edited:
The Scenario:

Europe under Nazi rule:
Germany is a true hegemony in Europe. It controls a vast area in the middle of Europe. Almost all countries on the European continent are in one way or another heavily influenced by Germany. In eastern Europe, up to the Wolga river, Germany rules by means of puppets (Slovakia, Belarus, Lokot Autonomy) and civil occupation administrations (e.g. Ukraine, Ostland, General Government). In the Balkans Germany has its allies and puppets, while Italy and Germany both occupy great portions. Western and Northern Europe are also directly or indirectly under German control. Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal and Ireland are the only neutral countries left in Europe. Vichy France is ideologically aligned with Fascism, but due to heavy border disputes with Germany they are not part of the Axis alliance.
Of course, Great Britain is Europe's bastion of democracy to those who desire freedom, and America's lapdogs in the eyes of the Nazis. The Netherland, Belgium and France all have their governments in exile, with the Free French building up a substantial force...
Germany will not likely rule for a thousand years, however. Its occupation policies has angered many former collaborators. Corruption and inner rivalry are a daily occurance among the Nazi ranks. And several Axis "allies" are hardly friends. Iceland seems to be the best place "in Europe" to live: far away from conflict and tense borders. But the Nazis do not doubt Iceland is a mere hub for American bombers.

America stronger than ever:
The USA signed an armistice with Germany, after the Germans reluctantly agreed to turn their back on Japan. Meanwhile America is preparing for a long cold war arms race. Should they support the Chinese nationalists who are losing ground to Mao? Aren't the Dutch, French and British colonial ambitions provoking potential Communist rebellions around the world?

The Asian theater is dominated by the Chinese civil war, an Indonesian war of independence and unrest in Indochina. The Americas are more silent than ever, yet the Americans could not prevent a German embassy from opening up in Buenos Aires.

The US is the world's only nuclear power, and the Germans are desperately to join the nuclear league.

Mother Russia still lives:
Behind the Wolga river lies a military camp called Soviet Russia. From North Korea to European Russia stretches an enormous country - defeated but not destroyed - and popular revanchism has become the new Communism.

Screenshots:
naamloosry.png

naamloosqp.png

36915073.png

48543514.png

asiat.png

Last edited:
looks good so far, i cant wait for 1.3 to try it out

but the reichskommisariate should have german names

quick summary:

Reichskommisariat Belgien-Nordfrankreich
Reichskommisariat Niederlande
Reichskommisariat Norwegen
Generalgouvernement & Ost-Galizien
Reichskommisariat Ukraine
Reichskommisariat Kaukasus

The events are basic and subject to feedback and improval. In fact I was trying to make a trigger system in which previous decisions would determine how fast an event would fire. This system does not seem to work at all. I seem to be using the "event = { id = xxx days = xx }" triggers improperly. Any event which uses those do not work. I temporarily omitted this sytem in exchange for something even more basic. I am not an expert at event writing, unfortunately, but I do not give up!
Did you added a "save_date = yes" to the events that you are using in the timed triggers? And is for a unmodified Darkest Hour, or a unmodified Darkest Hour Full? The map seems to suggest the later.

I think it would be a good idea Germany had territories with German minority,this territories is :

Liege
Arlon
Gronigen
Arnhem
Mastrich ( or someone else in Netherlands :) )
and Alytus :D

You were talking about this being based in 1948...I'm not sure there'd be much going on to cause another mass conflict. We've seen the American-German cold war many times before...further in the future more possibilities open up like Japan. Though they and Germany were allies during the war it's highly unlikely they would have sustained any alliance in the post-war world.

Thinking about Nazi Germany and its ideals, these were forwarded by creating enemies of the state - communists, Jews, capitalists, Slavic people etc. In essence, it can't continue what it's supposed to be doing without the incentive of having an enemy. The biggest rival of Germany in a post war world like this (provided the axis won) would be Japan, and secondly the USA because of its isolated location.

Japanese and German territories/buffer states would be neighbours in this scenario, in a line stretching thousands of miles north to south through roughly the location of Iran.
The USSR would be unsustainable and would probably collapse into chaos very quickly. The Japanese were harbouring thousands of Russian fascists and tsarists in Manchuria, and they received a lot of official support. Japan would be in the best position to create a new Russian state out of the former USSR in Western Siberia...

This leaves two super powers/alliances with increasingly diverging ideals, sitting side by side on a super continent. It's very 1984.

Wouldn't Japan be defeated by the US anyway. I think an interesting thing to consider is that during the 30s the KMT in China was armed with a bit of German equipment, with the war over Nat China could drift into the Axis camp if they win the Civil war against the Communists. Correct me if im wrong on this though.

Wouldn't Japan be defeated by the US anyway. I think an interesting thing to consider is that during the 30s the KMT in China was armed with a bit of German equipment, with the war over Nat China could drift into the Axis camp if they win the Civil war against the Communists. Correct me if im wrong on this though.

If the Germans were to defeat the Soviets, there would be little stopping them reaching India and Western China. Though I'm not sure they would get involved militarily on a large scale, the Raj would still be strangled. This could be the perfect opportunity for Japan to push through.
Upon doing that, China would be completely enveloped. No military aid would be getting through and the defence of the nation would graduallycrumble away, allowing for the Nanjing government to assume increasing control.
Even if the USA has a superior army and navy by this point, it'd be pretty impossible for them to dislodge Japan from this position. Japan would have the resources of East Asia and would also be directly trading with the Germans. I'd say there'd be a white peace eventually, where the American pacific islands are returned and Japan promises to not threaten the independence of Australia and New Zealand in exchange for the recognition of Japanese gains elsewhere in Asia. A Japanese victory at extremely high cost...the gains being more or less what they wanted.

As for German equipment in China, that cooperation was ended very early on in the war. I don't think there were any idealogical ties, and Germany clearly favoured Japan politically at the time. Japan was much more capable of destroying the communists.

Hi, I have found this. It's a well researched finnish site about a fictitious German Europe. There are many information about the possible countries, historical background and some excellent montages.
Problem is, its finnish...

Interactive "fatherland" map (Italy is designed to be splitted in half because of the frontier in 1943, South Italy is a Kingdom and the north is the RSI)
http://www.valtakunta.eu/eurooppa/kartta.shtml

Flags of the "Neuropa" countries
http://www.valtakunta.eu/eurooppa/liput.shtml

Small wikipedia about the new countries - Data, flags, facts and possible ministers
http://www.valtakunta.eu/eurooppa/maat_ja_kansat.shtml

Germany ecomomy
http://www.valtakunta.eu/eurooppa/neuordnung.shtml

If you need english, use the Google Translator:
http://translate.google.com/transla...ttp://www.valtakunta.eu/eurooppa/kartta.shtml
http://translate.google.com/transla...w.valtakunta.eu/eurooppa/maat_ja_kansat.shtml
http://translate.google.com/transla...http://www.valtakunta.eu/eurooppa/elama.shtml
http://translate.google.com/transla...http://www.valtakunta.eu/eurooppa/liput.shtml
http://translate.google.com/transla...//www.valtakunta.eu/eurooppa/neuordnung.shtml

Screenshots:

-Turkey, could also be in the democracies list. Neutral.
Thanks for adding it first of all. :)

Turkey didn't have any dictators in its history. We have had democracy since the Atatürk found the country. However, if Germans did better in the Operation Barbarossa, we had a chance to join the Axis. Cause I know that after the fall of France and the early success of Germans in the Eastern Front, the governement thought about joining. But we also didn't want to repeat our same mistake in WW1. If we joined the Axis, I guess we would be kind of Fascist, not fully though.

You could have mentioned that the .eug already contains the inclusion of the events, I nearly started gathering my loyal lackeys in the Beer Hall...

@warpedmind
The Reichskommisariate have German names in the game. But I used the English translation in this thread because we use English here. I agree with you that they should have their German names, nothing will change (have to) change.

@Arcangelus
Thanks a lot for the tip! This was indeed the issue and the triggers work fine now, they have been updated. I used the 1942 scenario of DH Full as the basis for this mod.

@Gukpa
The Alytus province can be added to Germany through an event. The Dutch and Belgian provinces as well. I am not sure which German minority you refer to, they were absolutely minimal in the Dutch provinces. There was (is) a sense of regionalism in the eastern and northern areas, which could be exploited by Nazi ideologues. I guess.

@TremblingBlue
Being too much of a eurocentric for my own good, I have little creative ideas for the future of Asia. I'd say Japan is no longer all-powerful, but I could be convinced otherwise, I guess. Hopefully more people are interested in working on this. Mind you the Soviet Union still exists beyond the Wolga, it is not just a rump state. Japan and the USA would not be the only thread. The United Kingdom should not be written off, with its colonial empire intact. Italy is not completely reliable and there will be inner-Axis conflict.

Thanks for the links Mexbuild. The map as shown there largely corresponds with the current scenario map. I have paid some attention to the minorities in the Idel-Ural region. They may cause trouble in a weakened Soviet Union and perhaps some could be local collaborators with Germany. Udmurtia and some Tatar areas are inside Germany-controlled Russia.
As for the flags, I have a flagmaker but it's from HOI2 and they aren't as pretty as DH flags. Like I said hopefully more people will join so details like these can be given proper attention, just like ministers OOBs and so forth.

@Bertanx, would you agree the "Social Conservative" ideology is the most suitable one for Turkey? I believe Turkey should be neutral and quite isolationist (peace at home, peace in the world), but heavy German diplomatic influence could change this?

You could have mentioned that the .eug already contains the inclusion of the events, I nearly started gathering my loyal lackeys in the Beer Hall...

My bad...

@warpedmind

@Bertanx, would you agree the "Social Conservative" ideology is the most suitable one for Turkey? I believe Turkey should be neutral and quite isolationist (peace at home, peace in the world), but heavy German diplomatic influence could change this?

That's a debatable issue. The ideology was "Kemalism", but it then turned into Social Democracy or Social Liberalism, the government wasn't conservative, and we were doing great things in order to be more secular. Yeah, we were...kind of isolationist. Not that we liked to isolate ourselves, but we didn't really want to do the same mistake just after 16 years we gained our independence after fighting against many nations in multiple fronts. The people were fed up with war. :D As for the neutrality, even though we didn't enter the war, we already started to mobilize quickly and also store all the resources and food. Plus, we changed our economy model to "War-Economy". All of these precations were just in case. In the early periods of the year 1942, we kind of considered joining but wasn't sure enough since our army was recovering. But what I'm trying to say is, we did consider it. :D With some German Expeditionary forces, we could make the Soviets' lives mucher harder. That is really open to interpretation. You can look for some threads in other history forums which are about this.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input Bertanx. I must admit I haven't given Turkey much attention but I will certainly keep your input in mind.

How many people would be willing to cooperate to make this mod a reality? I envision this to be a peer project. Of course some major revamping will have to happen after 1.3, but a lot can be done regardless of this. Any new event or great idea is a nice addition.

Things we could all cooperate on:
- Ideas in general.
- Events, events, events.
- Cabinets, OOBs.
- Finalization of the borders.
- Events!

Greece
Does anyone have any ideas on Greece? Right now Greece is under shared (historical) occupation of Bulgaria, Italy and Germany.

Hungarian-Romanian war
How would one go about the technical issues behind such a war? I believe it should be in the scenario, but I see many challenges. For instance, at which point does one of them leave the Axis? Would German intervention be limited to expeditionary forces? How do you prevent the human player from exploiting such a scenario? What would be the effects if one them wins? And how do they win?

Last edited:
Would you like to merge this mod with WIF2? I would work on 1933 scenario while you would work on the Fatherland scenario.
I have a svn server that can be used for peer-2-peer work. I can provide advice and suggestions of course.

Imho, you first need to finish the map with the OOBs. There would be a cold war between USA, Germany and Japan with Asia and Latin America being battlegrounds for proxy wars.
You need to make events for Hitler's succession with different path (SS take power, a more legalistic government or generals taking over, etc). Then you need small wars as HUN v ROM or TUR v BUL. You need revolts...
Heck I would gladly help you with this mod in regard to what my free time allows me.

Status
Not open for further replies.