• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bestmajor

Field Marshal
40 Badges
Jun 5, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Darkest Hour in Colour: DOWNLOAD V4

http://www.filefactory.com/file/1n5499fvpget/DH_COLOUR4.rar

For the Bigger ILLS (BILLS) / Panorama Ills you need to modify the misc file:

# UI - Production panel UI style: 0 - use old style, 1 - switch to the new style (better utilization of the space, required when bigger unit pictures are used)
1 #0
# UI - Unit pictures size: 0 - use old size (192 x 104 pixels), 1 - enable the use of pictures up to 360 x 160 pixels [NOTE: Requires switch to the new production panel UI style too!]
1 #0

Last edited:
Fernando Torres said:
Do you have any documentation/justification/comment on ministers dates changes?

Fernando Torres said:
I found a few oddities in ministers, such as Fritz Tornow (also in vanilla) as minister of armament
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Tornow

Wilhelm Oxenius makes no sense either as chief of air
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Oxenius

no i just took the vanilla ministers CSV and inserted a few pics, adjusted the Anschluss decision and thats it basically (explains Tornow, Hermann Esser, Ludwig Fulda and these people). as i'm not really aware about sleppleader events in 1.02 i thought i better leave them in for possible death events.
just same have a start date from eg 1967 to eg 1969 so you wont see them ingame. ministers only eye candy ported over in one hour.

if you really want to improve ministers CSVs, delete those you mentioned and all industrials, the Krupps, Flick, Siemens, also Walther von Lüttwitz (the minister Lüttwitz), maybe Otto Strasser (wrong pic in vanilla, iirc), Ludendorff, all SS ministers for Chief of Staff and Chief of Army (Hausser and Karl Wolff).

who is imo a nice one as amrmanets guy is a transportation minister http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Dorpmüller
i use the armaments ministry for economy, finance, labour, 4-year plan guys exclusively and try to reduce the military ministers to the 4 ministries at the bottom - at least thats the plan for some future stuff.

a pic of Adm. Patzig is in, just in case somebody needs him for 1933.

Okay, I began to use Bm's file with DH 1.02:cool: it's really good to have all of them in colour!

Spotted one thing to be modified for DH: event 'Blomberg and his loyal wife' sleeps the right minister but a wrong leader: von Beeren (#604) instead of Blomberg (#607)!

EDIT: event 'von Fritsch forced into retirement' sleeps leader von Bünau (#608) not von Fritsch {#611)!

Last edited:
Fernando you have big influence in the DH project and i think you had color minister pictures to WIF 1 mod(correct me if iam wrong).
So why isnt this standard in DH?

updated 1st post
fixed Fritsch and Blomberg, reactivated the Vlassov evt, btw where is the Falkenhausen one?
he's not dormant, but just to know it.

some ills added and a new minister type + Wever evt.

Fernando you have big influence in the DH project and i think you had color minister pictures to WIF 1 mod(correct me if iam wrong).

It's impossible to make a WW1 + WW2 consistent data-base with only color pictures.
If anyone ever does that, I would gladly take it!

i'm working on it. i'll be through in may 2024 if everything is working as intended.

i'm working on it. i'll be through in may 2024 if everything is working as intended.
Too late. The last patch of DH (which will add a new interplanetary map and 5 new non-human races) is scheduled for 21/12/2022.

Reactions:
So the Mayas were actually 10 years too early!
No, but the release of patch 1.03 will delay the Mayan prophecies by 10 years, to let everyone play DH.

And now, sorry to bestmajor for the off topic, we can resume the discussion on this mod. :)

Event #2003051 Hendaya with Franco action_c should wake the two historical leaders of 250. Blaue Division: Agustín Muñoz Grandes and Emilio Esteban Infantes (not included in GER I think, so they may be transfered from SPA?)

benden said:
Event #2003051 Hendaya with Franco action_c should wake the two historical leaders of 250. Blaue Division: Agustín Muñoz Grandes and Emilio Esteban Infantes (not included in GER I think, so they may be transfered from SPA?)
actually 3 spanish generals for the blue one (Amado-Lóriga) i'd say; as for the transfer - i have difficulties to find the event command to transfer leaders and tech teams. experience increase didnt work as well for return of Legion Condor and Corpo Truppe Volontarie, maybe somebody more familiar with eventing could help if such things are in?

EDIT: where are the events for the croatian divs and Falkenhausen? cant find them.

Last edited:
yes i know this. but the thing seems to be spoiled anyway. no idea why but in two offhands games the Mol-Rib treaty is signed, then SOV annexes the baltic states even before poland falls and then CTD.

newtrait.png

Bestmajor's new trait for historical armament ministers; anybody can suggest an appropriate description for the trait?

Last edited:
Congrats, bestmajor, you're proving yourself again and again to be an unflagging modder...

P.S.: shouldn't Benden's last post be edited, according to forum rules?