• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(554223)

Private
1 Badges
Sep 9, 2012
  • Starvoid
So, i´m 46 now and pretty bored because there is nothing new anymore since 6 levels and nothing to come for the next 14 levels neither.

I guess there is something planned, otherwise you could´ve ended with level 40 instead of 60, right?

We intentionally made almost all items unlock up to level 30, and then just a couple of items up to level 40, to make the game's content available to the players faster. The last levels are only for prestige.

If you look at the shop at "all items", sort them by level req (by clicking the column title), and maybe turn on "show owned" to see the things you already got too, you'll see all the game's current items and at which levels they are unlocked.

But no, at level 46 and forward you do not gain access to new items in the shop by leveling. It's time to start focusing on unlocking plus-versions, completing other challenges to get new name tag colors and backgrounds and collecting spoils to unlock all items :)

Edit: And yes, there might be coming more items for later levels later on. We'll see ;)

Yeah i saw that and thought this was the idea behind it. I was just asking to be sure. From 30 on there was only a few stuff to unlock, but that´s okay. Balances the game much more than having uber units at level 60 ;)
However, i will continue to hear players say "you´re level XX, no wonder you are better with that equip!". Explaining them, there isn´t much 30+ (or even 40+) stuff i use, makes no change...

I mean, look at Void storm. It´s cool, it´s flashy but it´s mainly useless against any player that knows how to move his units. So it´s only (really) good against stationary stuff or lowie players wondering what that circle is they are standing in.
But yeah, it´s all to the level... ^^

Void Storm has its good days against Good players too.

You can Divide Enemey armies if you have 2on2's fights. Put it down in the middle, Force one player go right, other player left, then focus-fire one of them.

You can put it down on a Enemy capturing a victory point and force them to move.

Basically, you will never put it on a good player and damage him, but you can always make him move with it...but yes...quite expensive for that purpose!

Last edited:
225 for moving them out of a capping zone? Not worth it ;)
I´d rather hide around the corner for a few seconds and take it after that. With Deux Ex the point is mine again in a few seconds.

Hide....HIDE?! I am more of a Damage-booster man myself. To Give me the edge in the early battles! A Damage-Booster on right unit can do miracles!

Also, the centre of the Void Storm deals massive absolute damage and slows very much. A commander stuck there is almost guaranteed to be eliminated. Try combining it with chain stuns to keep an enemy commander at place :)

And yes, it's a bit tricky to use since enemies have the chance to move away, but it is very powerful if used right - without being an I-win button (which isn't exactly fun for anyone :p).

I see no use for that so far with the enemies i get. I got like average killcount of 4 and more each round, way up to 10 or more ;)
As long as there aren´t some "clans" playing together and actually using some strategy, i´m more than perfectly fine.

Most commanders are down in 5-10 seconds only with my units, no damage boost or anything like that used. Maybe now you see why i don´t want to "waste" 225 stars and have a huge cooldown on it afterwards.
I really hope there will be some more decent play needed, sadly i just don´t see many people trying to play seriously. I´m not even into RTS! My last RTS was World in Conflict, which i played like 4 weeks, before that: Nothing!
So i wonder: Am i the only one actually thinking of my build? Oo
Even when i try to help people and explain them some things, they don´t care.

There are very few decent players out there, that would "need" some thing like Void Storm. At least for now. Maybe i will let this game rest for a month and get back then when they are higher (and hopefully better/more experienced).
But with my new AddOn in Battlefield 3 i will be away for some days anyway :p

So long,

AmmokK