• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(543491)

Private
1 Badges
Aug 28, 2012
  • Starvoid
Usually, there is only one or two servers with players in them, which means that you have to play the same map over and over. It starts to get boring after awhile. Maybe the maps should rotate every couple games?

Map rotation is a really good idea - there are a few things that would have to be done to make this work though (since the server must restart, it must also remember which players were kicked out and then throw them back into the same server once it has reloaded). But yes, this is defenitely something that we are thinking about and looking at the possibilities for. Thanks for letting us know that our assumptions that people wanted this was correct :)

ok what am I missing about the map rotation on servers? Why not as a player just jump in to a server that has a different map if you don’t want to play the same one..... starvoid has the "jump in - jump out" feature ... remember?

So now you change the map and half the players may not want that. So now you effectively made half the player mad by changing the map on them, and they all leave the server to go find the same map again. If you want a different map, then go to a different server. I pick the server because it was the map I wanted to play on and now you changed it on me. . . . again, what am I missing?

I think I would rather see Dev time spent on more DLC --- and more maps in general --- then working on rotating between the three we now have.

But maybe that is just me.
:huh: