• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(543491)

Private
1 Badges
Aug 28, 2012
  • Starvoid
There are 9 types of damage in this game, and in order to see how well they do against a certain type of armor, I have to enter a game and summon a unit with that type of damage. Just like with the Default Contracts, this wastes time. It also makes me feel like I have to fight against the game system in order to fight my opponents efficiently. So, for anyone else who visits this forum, here are the damage types:

The numbers listed are the damage against Light, Medium, Heavy, SuperHeavy, and Commander, respectively.

Physical -- 100% 100% 75% 50% 50%

Shotgun -- 150% 100% 50% 25% 50%

AP -- 50% 50% 100% 200% 25%

Impact -- 100% 100% 75% 75% 50%

Energy -- 75% 100% 150% 100% 50%

Fire -- 200% 100% 50% 25% 50%

Electric -- 100% 100% 100% 75% 50%

Acid -- 100% 100% 100% 100% 50%

Absolute -- 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%

EDIT: What type of damage does the Badger unit do? It is listed as "Mixed Damage," but there is no explanation of what that means.

Last edited:
Nice,

From a quick glance it seems corrosive damage is the best all around damage. Absolute is best for hero killing. And if you plan to kill units before heroes, then AP is best. AP does reduced damage to light and medium, but that is fine because those have low health anyway as far as i know. In a typical fight i'd rather melt the superheavy stuff first, while my superheavy tank demolishes the small stuff with AOE damage.

Personally, I would vote for Energy Damage as being the best damage to kill units. SuperHeavy units already have a weak spot in their back that gives extra damage. The Heavy Units are usually the hardest to kill, because they have large health as well as no weak point. As a bonus, you get to keep 100% versus Medium, only go down to 75% for Light, and it has the standard 50% versus Commanders.

Interesting discussion. I'll settle for just reading for now :D

The Badger deals mixed damage, yes. I believe it's described in it's tooltip (hover the damage type icon in the unit info interface ingame) - But what it does is that it, just as the Vindicator Turrets that defend bases, deals AP damage to the directly hit targets, but the AOE deals Impact damage, making it a very versatile weapon (since you can directly hit tanks with AP damage, or fire into squads to deal AOE impact damage - it does however have a harder time against solos).

We do however work on a way to make the damage and armor types' stats and weapon descriptions visible in the game's launcher to avoid that players has to enter the game to see them!

Personally, I would vote for Energy Damage as being the best damage to kill units. SuperHeavy units already have a weak spot in their back that gives extra damage. The Heavy Units are usually the hardest to kill, because they have large health as well as no weak point. As a bonus, you get to keep 100% versus Medium, only go down to 75% for Light, and it has the standard 50% versus Commanders.
I would actually rather have something that is 100% across the board, at least on an all round unit. You really don't want to be left in a situation where you can't quickly deal with sirens, those things can really mess with you unless you kill them ASAP.