+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Second World for MEIOU

Ship Simulator Extremes

Could I please have the full-size version of the map from the first post?

Well, to be honest, a higher resolution of the image didn't exist in the first place, but I'll make sure to do a new one, since you asked. It should be done by tomorrow, I'll send it you via pm when its done. Just tell me how high resolution would you want?

Ship Simulator Extremes

Any size is great, obviously the bigger/more detailed the better. I collect beautiful looking maps. EU3 ones are particularly nice

Like this

Ok, Image done, pm sent.

The Middle-earth part doesn't work quite right with MEIOU 5.4.3. Or are the Khmer's supposed to have settled in the Ettenmoors?

Quote Originally Posted by Emilersej View Post
    The Middle-earth part doesn't work quite right with MEIOU 5.4.3. Or are the Khmer's supposed to have settled in the Ettenmoors?
    Did you use 5.4.3 patch on the mod? If yes, that means that you have overwritten some of the provinces information. The only thing that you can do to fix it is to download the mod again and install it over the meiou folder again (or, to be more specific, you need to just get the history and map folders from the mod and patch the respective meiou folders with them)

Anyways, the next expansion will be much easier to install (you will be able to download whole modified meiou folder to make it easier) and will be updated to latest MEIOU version. Currently Tamriel map is done, countries are done in 75%, provinces are planned.

Time for an update

The Tamriel part is finally done. Now I need to focus on fixing climate, regions, and the thing that I fear the most, forming new nations conditions.

One one question to anyone interested in the mod:

Would you prefer more fantasy regions or put on map some fantasy nations between real ones or rather just "release" every possible nation into the map (like Northumberland, Leon or Karelia) to make things interesting

Wink

Sorry to be nit picky but the isle in the middle of marrowind "vaardenfall" or something was destroyed in an eruption soon after the time of the oblivion crisis so personally I think it should be a wasteland to simulate this seeing as we are not sure if it is completely gone off the map or just rendered uninhabitable.
    The islands south of hammerfell that you seem to have given to them are also inhabited by different people including magical jabbah the hut like slugs. I would personally make them colonizable or something.
    It would also be neat to see the Akivir continent put on there, but with the lack of knowledge of it i would understand why you wouldnt.
    I understand this is all for fun so thank you for putting up with my little rant there lol.

On another note i would like to ask how I would go about downloading this. I usually get mods that launch as a seperate mod through the MEIOU launcher so im not sure how to go about this one.

You have all right to be picky (and I even encourage everyone to be like that, so I can get more suggestions and opinions), but you are little mistaken in the points about the map here. According to lore Vvardenfell was devastated by the vulcano eruption, not completely destroyed - some people must have survived. And, what is even more important, the game is set in year 201 of 4th era, when the cataclysm happened in year 4 of 4th era. After 200 years I believe that such a big island would be inhabited again (Although I gave it only small population to begin with), About the islands south of Hammerfell, they are undoubtedly inhabited by Humans - Stros M'Kai and Stirk The islands that were inhabited by sloads were called Thras and were sunk thousands of years before the game start (around 2200 year of first era) and so I didn't add them to the map (they were supposed to be to the west of Hammerfell). Sorry to disrupt your ideas, but I'm open minded to any discussion, if you don't agree with my points.

About the downloading part - unfortunately I was unable to secure any help from proper coders and so I don't know how to make meiou launcher start it as a separate mod. The installation however will be still very easy - the next version of the mod will be downloadable as a whole meiou folder. You will just need to rename original meiou folder to for example meiou2 and put the downloaded folder into the same directory. If you would want to play original meiou you would only need to change folder names again.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by MJpoland View Post
    About the downloading part - unfortunately I was unable to secure any help from proper coders and so I don't know how to make meiou launcher start it as a separate mod. The installation however will be still very easy - the next version of the mod will be downloadable as a whole meiou folder. You will just need to rename original meiou folder to for example meiou2 and put the downloaded folder into the same directory. If you would want to play original meiou you would only need to change folder names again.
    Make a copy of your MEIOU folder, rename it to "secondworld", follow the install instructions, and either make a copy of MEIOU.mod in the mod folder and rename it secondworld.mod OR unzip this .mod file to your mod folder:
    secondworld.7z (Paradox forum doesn't allow files with the .mod extension so I had to zip it.)
    That should let you have simultaneous Second World and MEIOU installs.
    AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13 - Former MEIOU (EU3) mod team member

Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    Make a copy of your MEIOU folder, rename it to "secondworld", follow the install instructions, and either make a copy of MEIOU.mod in the mod folder and rename it secondworld.mod OR unzip this .mod file to your mod folder:
    Attachment 64333 (Paradox forum doesn't allow files with the .mod extension so I had to zip it.)
    That should let you have simultaneous Second World and MEIOU installs.
    I feel so stupid now, I didn't have idea that this was so easy to make .

I don't think vvardenfell is gone from the map, it's just become more ashy, but shortly after the eruption of Red Mountain, the argonians invaded Morrowind, causing the Dunmer (aka Dark Elves) to flee to Solstheim, the little island to the north of Morrowind.

So if you want it to be true to the lore, Morrowind should belong to Argonia and Solstheim to the Dunmer. I don't care though I think I'm going to invade everything as Argonia anyways!

I don't think vvardenfell is gone from the map, it's just become more ashy, but shortly after the eruption of Red Mountain, the argonians invaded Morrowind, causing the Dunmer (aka Dark Elves) to flee to Solstheim, the little island to the north of Morrowind.

So if you want it to be true to the lore, Morrowind should belong to Argonia and Solstheim to the Dunmer. I don't care though I think I'm going to invade everything as Argonia anyways!
    Well its true that they invaded Morrowind, but many sources claim different results of that invasion. After thinking a while on this topic I've decided to give Argonians 2 of Morrowind provinces and set Wrath of the God modifier in Morrowind files. About the Solstheim - this is quite complicated. Solstheim as a province didn't belong to anyone, it had just some both dunmer and nord settlers on it. In the end I decided that nords were probably first to come there since they weren't independent at first and were more expansionist. After the vulcanic eruption dunmer started to flee there and so its culture changed over time to dunmer and Morrowind starts with core on it.

I've done a little research, and the lore tells us that the argonians invaded at least as far as Red Mountain, but some Dunmer are returning to rebuild their homeland, so I guess your layout seems reasonably legit.

About Solstheim, the Elder Scrolls Wiki states that the Nords gave Solstheim to the Dunmer as a new homeland. There are no references to lore, though.

I can't help about the lore madness, sorry

I've done a little research, and the lore tells us that the argonians invaded at least as far as Red Mountain, but some Dunmer are returning to rebuild their homeland, so I guess your layout seems reasonably legit.

About Solstheim, the Elder Scrolls Wiki states that the Nords gave Solstheim to the Dunmer as a new homeland. There are no references to lore, though.

I can't help about the lore madness, sorry
    Hey, its good to hear as many opinions as possible, so I'm grateful for your research . I will change the ownership of Solstheim as you suggested. Btw, would you be interested in helping me testing out Tamriel Expansion before I will officially release it? It looks like you know a lot about the lore so you could really help me in correcting possible mistakes I've made.

Quote Originally Posted by MJpoland View Post
    You have all right to be picky (and I even encourage everyone to be like that, so I can get more suggestions and opinions), but you are little mistaken in the points about the map here. According to lore Vvardenfell was devastated by the vulcano eruption, not completely destroyed - some people must have survived. And, what is even more important, the game is set in year 201 of 4th era, when the cataclysm happened in year 4 of 4th era. After 200 years I believe that such a big island would be inhabited again (Although I gave it only small population to begin with), About the islands south of Hammerfell, they are undoubtedly inhabited by Humans - Stros M'Kai and Stirk The islands that were inhabited by sloads were called Thras and were sunk thousands of years before the game start (around 2200 year of first era) and so I didn't add them to the map (they were supposed to be to the west of Hammerfell). Sorry to disrupt your ideas, but I'm open minded to any discussion, if you don't agree with my points.

Touche lol. If you want some help with making some country or province history files I would be glad to help if i have the time after mid-terms. PM me if your interested

Sure! I think I know relatively much about it; in geography and history (both real and fictional), my brain works kind of like a flypaper, so I'm stuck with all kinds of useless info on the history and geography of places like Tamriel and Lord of the Rings. Anyways, i'd like to help you, I guess it's not totally useless afterall!

Thanks for the help guys . PM will be send shortly

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Will you be adding fictional nations ? I'm thinking for example about Westeros, the world of Peter Brett's Warded Man,...
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Will you be adding fictional nations ? I'm thinking for example about Westeros, the world of Peter Brett's Warded Man,...
    Going to second Westeros as a possible future addition after you're done with the Witcher stuff. I'd also say the world of Wheel of Time might be interesting, lots of nations there as well to be squabbling.

Out of curiosity, once you've finished adding things to the map and polishing, do you have any plans to modify things like unit/building names or etc?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast