+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: APD 3.1.6 (PDM for A House Divided)

APD 3.1.6 (PDM for A House Divided)

Download link: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/v...mod/45458.html

Alt D/L link: http://shareflare.net/download/11227...3.1.6.rar.html

Checksum's QAMJ with the hotfix.

1) Go and buy a copy of AHD.
    2) install it over your copy of V2.
    3) Patch it to 2.31
    4) Download APD 3.1.5
    5) Delete any existing PDM folder inside the Victoria 2\Mod folder before installing.
    6) Extract the zip to your Victoria 2\Mod folder.
    7) Go to the My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria 2\PDM folder and delete the map cache there.
    8) Fire up the launcher, select 'A POP Divided' from the bottom-left menu, and press 'play'. The Checksum generated may not match that above first time you play, but should on subsequent launches.

Changelog can be found in the changelog thread.
    Last edited by Naselus; 02-09-2012 at 00:40.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

I'm getting KQQY. I've deleted the previous folder then added in 3.1.6 but I still get KQQY. Everything runs fine when I start it up, so I doubt that my download is corrupted.

Edit: Tried a new download, still get KQQY.
    Last edited by JohnGlave; 01-09-2012 at 22:13.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGlave View Post
    I'm getting KQQY. I've deleted the previous folder then added in 3.1.6 but I still get KQQY. Everything runs fine when I start it up, so I doubt that my download is corrupted.

Edit: Tried a new download, still get KQQY.
    me too, KQQY

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

Judging by the changelog, this looks savegame compatible. I hope at least, since I've actually never played through an entire game. Ever.

Potential Bug

I'm getting some very strange instability issues. Some years into the game it seems to inevitably crash if you are a secondary who becomes a great power (I shall do some testing to make sure). The problem seems to be something to do with influence, since the game directly crashes when I adjust the influence settings on a country as a great power Netherlands.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I also get a lot of CTD playing with Sardinia Piemont during the first years of the game - while it was very stable with APD 3.15. S-P was not going to immediately become a great power at the time of the crash so I assume the CTD is maybe not linked to a secondary power to become a GP.

My best guess is that it is a faulty event taking place in the first years of the game ...

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    I also get a lot of CTD playing with Sardinia Piemont during the first years of the game - while it was very stable with APD 3.15. S-P was not going to immediately become a great power at the time of the crash so I assume the CTD is maybe not linked to a secondary power to become a GP.

My best guess is that it is a faulty event taking place in the first years of the game ...
    You're right, I've found that I can't reproduce the effect by making a secondary power become a great one. The only "work around" I've found it to save the game before the crash, and then reload, which seems to put it off for about a year.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

I was able to load my save game, but it crashed as soon as I unpaused it. It may or may not be related to the problems others are experiencing. I'll post my game if you wish.

MM Prime Minister in Exile Vishaing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Save Game Ahoy!

I have an autosave which is able to reliably reproduce the crash. It happens on January 4th.

autosave.zip
    Imperium in Imperio -:- EUIV Edition CKII Edition

Vishaing's Idea Corner -:- EUIV Modding Tools, Areas of Interest, Free Relations, Simple Character System, Rethinking Ideas, War and Peace,

NOTE: Your Definition of 'soon' Might differ from Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishaing View Post
    I have an autosave which is able to reliably reproduce the crash. It happens on January 4th.

Attachment 62616
    Tracked to issues.txt - looks like the game's not into having reforms limited by ruling party ideology. Shame. Hotfix above.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Tracked to issues.txt - looks like the game's not into having reforms limited by ruling party ideology. Shame. Hotfix above.
    With the above hotfix A the crash in Jan. 1940 has disappeared; new checksum is QAMJ.

Thanks.

Compatible with older saves?
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If you resolve the Mexican-American war via the treaty (the name escapes me) any allies that were involved in the war will continue fighting.
    Which in my case was Liberia, so Mexico and Liberia are stuck in a perpetual state of war.
    Last edited by ETTAR; 02-09-2012 at 08:44.
    You're an irreplaceable human soul, with your own understanding of what it means to suffer.

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    Hey, just some feedback on my current game, I have flanders winning a way against the dutch, I dunno, maybe have flemmish (but not belgian cores!) to zeeland, I mean it is a historic region of flanders, and if ended up reforming belgium, it would be justified for that part to join as well.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Could be done via country flag-- there are no fascist dictatorships that aren't also accompanied by the victory event, after all, so a flag can be set there and unset elsewhere.

Can someone confirm the checksum? Im getting YIDK but I dont think I did something wrong.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by DaZero View Post
    Can someone confirm the checksum? Im getting YIDK but I dont think I did something wrong.
    I can confirm QAMJ.

Things spotted so far, after playing a bit with Two Sicilies:

1. A lot of bankruptcies.

Code:
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 30 October, 1839: Portugal went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 27 January, 1840: Tuscany went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 18 March, 1841: The Russian Empire went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 10 August, 1841: Colombia went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 16 February, 1842: Argentina went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 15 August, 1842: Austria went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 19 December, 1842: Chile went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 25 July, 1843: Brazil went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 15 March, 1845: Netherlands went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 5 January, 1847: Mexico went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 14 June, 1848: Luxemburg went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 6 December, 1848: Schleswig-Holstein went bankrupt.
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 7 February, 1849: Prussia went bankrupt.
    2. Supply of Canned Food seems lower than demand most of the time. The price is high, somewhere between 5.5-6.0 per unit.
    3. Rebellions:
    Code:
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 5 March, 1841: Riograndense Reactionaries enforce their demands in Rio Grande do Sul!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 14 August, 1841: Jacobin Rebels enforce their demands in Rio Grande do Sul!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 23 February, 1844: El Salvadorian Nationalists enforce their demands in United States of Central America!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 11 September, 1844: German Pan-Nationalists enforce their demands in Frankfurt am Main!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 11 May, 1845: German Pan-Nationalists enforce their demands in Hesse-Darmstadt!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 16 October, 1845: Jacobin Rebels enforce their demands in Netherlands!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 1 November, 1846: Moroccan Reactionaries enforce their demands in Morocco!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 6 October, 1847: Jacobin Rebels enforce their demands in Tuscany!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 4 December, 1847: German Pan-Nationalists enforce their demands in Hamburg!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 13 December, 1847: German Pan-Nationalists enforce their demands in Bremen!
    [messagehandler.h:332]: 10 October, 1848: Egyptian Reactionaries enforce their demands in Egypt!
    No major surprises here, except that the Springtime of Nations was strangely tame. I expected to see a swarm of rebels in Austria and Prussia. I don't think even a stack of rebels had actually risen there. I suspect it might be a problem with rebels organizing: mine seemed to have problems with that. Maybe 4 brigades were ready just before the end of the SoN.
    4. Wars. No major surprises here. Oriental Crisis happened somewhere mid-40s and has been somewhat easily won by Ottoman Empire and Prussia. UK fought Opium Wars and won. The only noteworthy things I remember was USA being unable to get Texas. They solved the problem 10 years later, getting also Colorado and enforcing Guadelupe-Hidalgo.

I forgot to mention that in one of my games from the last version, Britain took all of Canton instead of only Hong Kong after winning the Opium War. Probably because Hong Kong was moved into the Canton state.

Is this compatible with 3.1.5? I have a really good save atm and I don't want to lose it.
    Destroying blobs since 1995

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast