• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dannie

Paradox Publishing
10 Badges
Nov 9, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition

New York – August 29, 2012 – Raise the regimental banner and beat the drums of war, because the Emperor is calling you back into service with the help of Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio. Announcing “March of the Eagles”, a strategy wargame covering the ten years of the Napoleonic Wars, when a Corsican boy used maddeningly clever new tactics to bring all of Europe to its knees.

Players will take control of any one nation of Europe in this geopolitical barfight, dispatch armies and envoys, raid supply lines, form coalitions and get with the times, already. Because one thing's for sure: Napoleon's Grande Armeé is coming, and he's not interested in second place though he might have to settle for it, if he's just one guy in a 32 person multiplayer battle with set victory conditions.

http://beta.paradoxplaza.com/signup/39/

Deadline to apply for the beta is September 6th.

He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat. You keep that in mind, because the wargame “March of the Eagles” will be advancing on all fronts early next year on all major digital download portals.

View the March of the Eagles Announcement trailer here:

[video=youtube;34dRS55Et3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34dRS55Et3A[/video]

March of the Eagles Features:

• A Decade of Fire: Rule a major European power from 1805 to 1815 and ride out a decade of tactical innovation and strategic duplicity.
  • Manage Great Men: Take advantage of your generals' unique skills to be sure they are in the right place when rival armies meet.
  • Manage Great Armies: Recruit vast armies from your population or build a navy to contest the rule of the seas.
  • The Velvet Glove: Build coalitions to strengthen your hand and use diplomacy to undermine your enemies
  • Logistics and Tactics: An army marches on its stomach, so keep your supply lines secure while your forces master new tactics and new modes of fighting in an era that revolutionized warfare.
  • Mutiplayer: Up to 32 people can go online and duke it out for mastery of Europe.

New screenshots
March_of_the_Eagles_Alpha_Screenshot01.pngView attachment march_of_the_eagles_alpha_screenshot04_1.pngView attachment march_of_the_eagles_alpha_screenshot05_0.pngView attachment march_of_the_eagles_alpha_screenshot02_0.pngView attachment march_of_the_eagles_alpha_screenshot03_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool, the supply lines thing makes me hope that this might be a return to something a little more 'hardcore' for Paradox rather than the recent attempts to mainstream their games. Looking forwards to it. Although I want to make the first complaint about the map (take that Balkan guys! I'm making the first pointless comment!), why oh why is Torbay part of Plymouth province. It was the Royal Navy's second anchorage in that region for when winds whipped up in Plymouth (had no breakwater had this time), for strategic reasons it should be a province.

Not really sure what I've seen 'cept a few flying quotes. Curious what will make this game unique.

i'm really looking forward to this but the map looks a bit untidy to me, are you still doing work on the map or is that all finished?

Not a big fan of the wooden-y, AGEOD-y interface look, but the game itself does look awesome! :)

I'm curious to see a General page: I'd like to see if you categorized generals the same way as AGEOD (Command/Offense/Defense) or if you have your own method (please no Fire/Shock/Maneuver/Siege)

The amount of provinces here would have been the ideal amount for EUIV. Some of the layout looks like a slightly modernized version of CK2.

Looking forward for more info on this game.
Military and Diplomatic aspects are crucial from the period’s point of view, thus I hope we will see something new here. I also hope that within this short timeline there will be quite a few wars between countries (a number of different coalitions - wars).

Looks cool, the supply lines thing makes me hope that this might be a return to something a little more 'hardcore' for Paradox rather than the recent attempts to mainstream their games..

Exactly which game has been less hardcore from us? Every single game we've made has been more complex than the one it is a sequel to.