+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: “March of the Eagles” Announced + New Trailer

61 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

“March of the Eagles” Announced + New Trailer

New York – August 29, 2012 – Raise the regimental banner and beat the drums of war, because the Emperor is calling you back into service with the help of Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio. Announcing “March of the Eagles”, a strategy wargame covering the ten years of the Napoleonic Wars, when a Corsican boy used maddeningly clever new tactics to bring all of Europe to its knees.

Players will take control of any one nation of Europe in this geopolitical barfight, dispatch armies and envoys, raid supply lines, form coalitions and get with the times, already. Because one thing's for sure: Napoleon's Grande Armeé is coming, and he's not interested in second place though he might have to settle for it, if he's just one guy in a 32 person multiplayer battle with set victory conditions.

http://beta.paradoxplaza.com/signup/39/

Deadline to apply for the beta is September 6th.

He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat. You keep that in mind, because the wargame “March of the Eagles” will be advancing on all fronts early next year on all major digital download portals.

View the March of the Eagles Announcement trailer here:

March of the Eagles Features:

• A Decade of Fire: Rule a major European power from 1805 to 1815 and ride out a decade of tactical innovation and strategic duplicity.
    • Manage Great Men: Take advantage of your generals' unique skills to be sure they are in the right place when rival armies meet.
    • Manage Great Armies: Recruit vast armies from your population or build a navy to contest the rule of the seas.
    • The Velvet Glove: Build coalitions to strengthen your hand and use diplomacy to undermine your enemies
    • Logistics and Tactics: An army marches on its stomach, so keep your supply lines secure while your forces master new tactics and new modes of fighting in an era that revolutionized warfare.
    • Mutiplayer: Up to 32 people can go online and duke it out for mastery of Europe.

New screenshots
    Click image for larger version

Name:	March_of_the_Eagles_Alpha_Screenshot01.png
Views:	5237
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	62336Click image for larger version

Name:	march_of_the_eagles_alpha_screenshot04_1.png
Views:	453
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	62348Click image for larger version

Name:	march_of_the_eagles_alpha_screenshot05_0.png
Views:	427
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	62349Click image for larger version

Name:	march_of_the_eagles_alpha_screenshot02_0.png
Views:	418
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	62346Click image for larger version

Name:	march_of_the_eagles_alpha_screenshot03_1.png
Views:	433
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	62347
    Last edited by Regina; 29-08-2012 at 20:53.

Looks nice

EDIT: First!

Sounds interesting, especialy the thing with the supplie lines. eagerly await the diaries

edit: you should give Lord Bentick command of the Center...

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Can't wait for the DD's for this one.

Slacker Extraordinaire Zzzzz...'s Avatar
    67 games registered

If the place is comfy to sleep in, yes, you can find me there!
    Look at the top-right of the attached pic. The game has night and day, like HOI.
    The list of all my AARs: INKWELL

Current AAR: Golden Sun - A KR Kurdistan AAR - Darkest Hour
    The Policies of Grandeur - Coming Soon!

Looks cool, the supply lines thing makes me hope that this might be a return to something a little more 'hardcore' for Paradox rather than the recent attempts to mainstream their games. Looking forwards to it. Although I want to make the first complaint about the map (take that Balkan guys! I'm making the first pointless comment!), why oh why is Torbay part of Plymouth province. It was the Royal Navy's second anchorage in that region for when winds whipped up in Plymouth (had no breakwater had this time), for strategic reasons it should be a province.
    Nationality: British
    Religion: Agnostic
    Ideology: Conservative
    Issues: Jingoism/Laissez Faire
    Current Work: Student
    Cash reserves: Negative
    Revolt risk: 20.00%
    Militancy: 3
    Conciousness: 5

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Signed !
    A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire Mod for Crusader Kings II
    Ultima ratio Regum - A military focused rebalance mod for EUIV
    Writing a book about history of war

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Not really sure what I've seen 'cept a few flying quotes. Curious what will make this game unique.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Really looking forward to this game!

People's Commisar of POTATO LYNCHY's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en Espańa.
    i'm really looking forward to this but the map looks a bit untidy to me, are you still doing work on the map or is that all finished?
    ن
    Irish Brigade Infantry Commander in the Victoria 2 Forum Revolt.

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children."

Political Offtopic Tactical Assault Team Organization

"Too-ra loo-ra loo-ra loo, They're lookin' for monkeys up in the zoo, And if ever I had a face like you? I'd join the British army."

Corporal
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yeeeah ! Looks great pals !

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Looks awesome! I'm not hugely interested in the Napoleonic area, but this looks really fun.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Not a big fan of the wooden-y, AGEOD-y interface look, but the game itself does look awesome!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Comte de Purchase Merrick Chance''s Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I'm curious to see a General page: I'd like to see if you categorized generals the same way as AGEOD (Command/Offense/Defense) or if you have your own method (please no Fire/Shock/Maneuver/Siege)
    Enough! You talk of the people's rights. The people only have those rights that I choose to give them, and that is for their own good, believe me--Dr.Doom

"Don't get me wrong, I am a strong fan of historical AARs and I believe that yours is the best I have ever read" --Ar7
    "This is /amazing/"--Scrollreader
    The Lords of Prussia: from feudalism to modernity: a Magna Mundi historybook AAR

"I was a fan of Lords of Prussia and your French sequel is just as good if not even better." --Jape
    Lords of France: Roads to the Enlightenment: A Magna Mundi historybook AAR

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Looks absolutely awesome, Paradox.

One of my favourite eras by my favourite developer; what more can a man ask?

Totally applied for the beta!

The amount of provinces here would have been the ideal amount for EUIV. Some of the layout looks like a slightly modernized version of CK2.

Central Trading Post Agent WaffleTheBard's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Looks great and cant wait!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

interesting, I'm looking forward to read the diary and see if it's more than a mod of EU3/engine of 4

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Looking forward for more info on this game.
    Military and Diplomatic aspects are crucial from the period’s point of view, thus I hope we will see something new here. I also hope that within this short timeline there will be quite a few wars between countries (a number of different coalitions - wars).
    "I certify to you that, with the help of God, we shall powerfully enter into your country
    and shall make war against you in all ways and manners that we can, and shall subject you
    to the yoke and obedience of the Church and of Their Highnesses. We shall take you and
    your wives and your children, and shall make slaves of them, and as such shall sell and
    dispose of them as Their Highnesses may command. And we shall take your goods, and shall
    do you all the mischief and damage that we can, as to vassals who do not obey and refuse
    to receive their lord and resist and contradict him."

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Londinium View Post
    Looks cool, the supply lines thing makes me hope that this might be a return to something a little more 'hardcore' for Paradox rather than the recent attempts to mainstream their games..
    Exactly which game has been less hardcore from us? Every single game we've made has been more complex than the one it is a sequel to.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast