• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Short Rules

Current and Prospective Players,

King Hannibal posted an interesting observation earlier about the level of detail in the rule set,
which spurred me to create an abbreviated player guide.

This guide covers the same topics as the detailed rules, touching on the subjects a player wants
to know in order to function well in the game, but painted at a more abstract level. In light of
King Hannibal’s analysis of that brief, I am placing a copy of the shortened guide in the first
page of this thread, replacing the rule summary currently there.

For any future players we have arriving, their perusal of that document should serve as a good
indicator to them whether this is the kind of game for them. Then if they are curious, or want
to delve deeper into the mechanics of play, or customize their game orders to reflect their play
style, they can use the information in the detailed rules document.

I ask you that at your convenience, please look at the updated entry on the first page and post
your views on the information. Together we can make this a better game.

Thanks

I am rejoining as the US, as the new rules helped me.

Has bidding started?

I think when both sides are equal in leaders. It's 3:2, so when CSA has another leader.

Getting the Ball Rolling.

1. OK, it has been two days since the original game posting on the forum, we have five contestants, and no guarantee
that any more players will apply in the near future.

2. Unless someone comes up with a critical reason for continuing to dally, I say we get this operation underway. If
anyone applies later, we can let the U.S. players decide how to handle that.

3. As such, I am starting the game clock at 0000Z (1900 CT) today. Players have 48 hours from then to submit their
initial unit bids.

4. I suggest that players send their bids in as PM’s to me.

5. I further suggest that before they make their submissions, players at least try to work out who gets what on their sides.
However, it is your war, so run it as you see best.

6. I will announce when all bids are in.

7. As a reminder, each Confederate player has 300 points available for bidding on Southern units, while Union players
each have 500 points to work with. These points are for the initial bidding only, and go away at the start of the Deployment phase.

a. NO DEFICIT SPENDING, please. :eek:o
b. Please do not request more of a unit type than is available.:glare:
c. Bids for units must be positive integral amounts.
d. Players may consolidate like bids for a unit type. As an example, if you want to bid 20 points for ten infantry, you
can simply make a one-line entry:
Quantity____Type_________Bid
10_________INF__________20​

e. If you do NOT want one or more unit types or amounts, simply do not mention them in your bid.
f. Keep in mind though, that if NO one bids for some of the units, then I will randomly assign those orphan units
to random players.
g. So while you perhaps listed only aircraft in your bid submission, you may wind up with the aircraft as well as some
extra units. Use them well; they are your responsibility now.​

8. The list of available units is on the first page of the thread, in the 'Order of Battle' table of the 'Web Charts' image.

Please let me know your questions on this.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm sorry, but it looks like I'm going to have to back out before we start. I am going on vacation soon and figured I will want to be as far away from my laptop as humanly possible. I figured it would be better to back out now before we start.

Perhaps it's for the best, the teams will even out this way.

Sorry gentlemen, hopefully I get to play with you guys in the future.

Hey guys, I'm sorry, but it looks like I'm going to have to back out before we start. I am going on vacation soon and figured I will want to be as far away from my laptop as humanly possible. I figured it would be better to back out now before we start.

Perhaps it's for the best, the teams will even out this way.

Sorry gentlemen, hopefully I get to play with you guys in the future.

Sorry to see you go, but have fun on the vacation. :)

Chart Correction

There was a mistake on the Order of Battle for the Confederacy.

They have more cruisers than indicated at first.

I have corrected the mistake, it now shows that they have 25 cruisers.

I have a little list.

If you are curious as to what the province abbreviations expand to, let me know and I
can send you an alphabetical list of the abbreviations with their location names spelled out.

:huh:

Join Us, Or ELSE!

Umm Where do you want to command?

well you have to go CSA

Um, while I admire your sales technique, is there a particular reason 'LeeroyJenkins' HAS to go Confederate? ;)

The player count on both sides is equal, and there has (as of yet) no comment from the other current Southern player on
the desirability of adding an additional commander.

I have no objection to the prospective player joining either side, provided that the current players on that side concur.

Partial Acceptance

To late to join in?

Three of the four current players have accepted the idea of letting ‘LeroyJenkins’ in.
I am pretty sure that the remaining current player will also concur, once he checks the forum. :D

As such, you have the option to either join the U.S. side now, or of taking part in the Confederacy if you do not mind waiting for the final player to chime in with an opinion.

If you do decide to participate with the Yankee’s cause, please post that decision in this thread, and contact the other Northern players to coordinate and get up to speed on their plans.

The game currently is in the ‘Initial Unit Bid’ phase, with player bid orders due in Saturday. If you have not already done so, please review the posts in this thread (it is only two pages ;)) and ask whatever questions you have on the game.

I also suggest that you keep an eye on the front page of the thread, in particular the ‘Political Control’ and the ‘Game Status Display’ posts. They reflect the latest in-game conditions.