• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
CORE 0.60 for AoD Open Beta3

This is the link to the open Beta 3 (0.60.19):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22172024/CORE2_0_6_0_19.exe

Alternate download:

https://rapidshare.com/files/517768200/CORE2_0_6_0_19.exe

Checksum is JYZT.

This version has been developed for the new 1.08 patch and will only work with this patch.

CORE is meant to be run using normal/normal settings

Changelog:
Code:
Numerous small bug fixes
Eliminated some incorrect graphics files (nuclear subs)
Spelling errors pointed out on the forums

Armd´s map mod:
-----------------------------------------------
Province Naming:

Dalian -> Dairen (rename division) 
Busan -> Pusan (rename division)
Seoul -> Keijo
Chongyin -> Chongjin
Andong -> Antung
Kaohsiung -> Takao
Taipei -> Taihoku
Daegu -> Taegu
Nhulunbuy -> Gove
Mitchell -> Roma
Wentworth -> Dubbo
Arare -> Arara
Kosrae -> Kusaie
Costermanville -> Costermansville
Babolsar -> Bushire

Also:
Wolelai (1604) was merged into Woleai (1617)
Jarvis Island (1764) was merged into Palmyra (1765)
-------------------------------------------------

Transferred map files and province_names

Corrected usa_36.inc
Corrected jap_36.inc, including division names and other province references
Corrected adj-defs.xls
recalculated navalsdist.tbl
Commented out the provinces in province.csv

Eliminated ai triggers for Wolelai from ai event files
Removed Jarvis island trigger from USA surrender event 15
Removed references to Wolelai (1604) and Jarvis (1764) from ai files

Integrated Deniss´s modified Italy surrender files
Removed some IC from China

ai:
USA will now snap out of Africa invasion after 120 days
USA admiral ai for SoloGil, Marsh and Marianas
Additional garrison commands for Pacific Islands in US AI

Dec:
* more model files
* new auxiliary strips
* various modifications

Zsar´s list:
* worked through several of his points

2012-07-21
-> CORE 0.60.16

Changed some settings for USA Pacific AI
Made some small changes to CHI AI to prevent the pile-up in Nanjing
Fixed a few typos
Changed extra_convoy_war settings for Japan
Wrote a scenario text for MLY and received an MLY propaganda poster form Hagar.

Received some modifications from Dec

2012-07-28
-> CORE 0.60.17

ai:
corrected convert convoy event for JAP
all nations get light AAA brigades in their convert convoy ai events
USA ai: defend_overseas_beaches = no -> didn´t work
USA ai: defend_overseas_beaches = yes -> back in again
Increased reinforcement settings for China AI
Lowered CHI neutrality so they (maybe) joint the Allies

events:
fixed incorrect infra construction for Moscow 5 year plan event
Third reserve division wave will only fire for ai SOV against human GER
Shifted the other reserve division events back a couple of days
JAP will cede Bismarck Range to Australia when all other provinces around it are lost
CHI gets a repair_mod modifier of 5% for Burma Road, Expanded Burma Road and Haiphong RR
to model the delivery of armaments that no longer require IC to be used for reinforcement
These modifiers are removed when respective links are lost

.inc:
Japan initial convoy construction reduced from 3 x 20 to 3 x 12 (Japan may now react to convoy shortages?)
Made JAP/USA and JAP/HOL oil trades less favourable to Japan

Fixed various typos

Transitioned to AoD 1.08 Beta6
Adjusted misc.txt
attrition severity set to 0.10 (peace)
war/peace attirtion events taken out and back in again
Adjusted extra_text.csv, boostertext.csv and text.csv

province.csv:
removed 3 IC from Italy
added a couple of energy to mountainous provinces, since our hydropower assessment was too low for all countries
Recalculated Japan´s domestic oil consumption based on Historyman´s master spreadsheet. Japan now uses -10 oil for its industries.
We might have to do this for several other majors.
Added two oil to Soviet Ocha in Sakhalin.

other:
resource_values: oil from 2 to 3 (like vanilla), maybe the ai will not sell it so readily
Changed all "divisione sommergibili" to "gruppo sommergibili"

Tech Teams:
Opened a possibility for Tanaka Ryukichi to appear as a MEN tech team if Suiyuan is successful
Added a weak version of the SMCR to MEN for industrial development.

Dec:
* Small corrections to naval construction events
* Mexican naval unit rework, including icons
* Added unit names for LR subs for many nations
* switched Italian submarine division names to "Squadriglia"
* corrected air brigade ranges
* small ai changes (mainly missils/rocket production for CW nations)
* various tech corrections

2012-08-19
-> CORE 0.60.18

ai:
Reduced USA max_factor, since they build tons of IC at war
Made some changes to hopefully make them build more transports
Reduced num_attack_fleets from 8 to 6
Various modifications to US Pacific ai (mainly to make it more focused)
Made US Italy ai slightly more aggressive
Corrected some Validator problems found by Denniss

events:
936, 9361, 9362: Partition of Iran, moved to gameplay files
936 (now 650010) requires ENG to control IRQ, one way or another
ENG will now ally with China if both are at war with JAP
US event to follow when ENG event works
JAP surprise effects are taken down in two steps, one at three months and one sometimes after the sixth war month
SPA loses the vp in Ceuta, SPR or SPA regain the vp when the war is won.
SPR can thus annex SPA when it has conquered Iberian Spain.
USA and GER MP pool addition +10% in RI, PM, FM, TM, DM
ENG MP pool addition -10% in RI, PM, FM, TM, DM
Made Bitte Peace a tiny bit easier to get

misc.txt
# TC Undeployed Division Load

2012-08-26
-> CORE 0.60.19 (Beta 3)
CORE 0.60 b/w graphics pack (with updated travel guide and new unit pictures), Sept. 12, 2012 version.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22246847/CORE_B&W_Graphics_060.exe

Alternate download, Sept. 12, 2012 version:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2963680338/CORE_B&W_Graphics_060.exe

There is currently no colour graphics pack available. Installing the 0.50 colour graphics pack will ruin the graphics install.

Last edited:
Community call:

This is a very mature Beta. We would like to ask you to post general gaming experience comments here, to permit us to adress balance issues. Anything goes, but our most urgent need of information is:

* Barbarossa campaign from either side
* Pacific war from either side

We are unsure whether the manpower upgrade for Germany was a good idea, so any reports on an overpowered Germany are highly welcome.

Gamefront has been acting strangely recently, please report whether you are able to download without problems.

Downloading now so no issues with Gamefront.

misc.txt
# TC Undeployed Division Load

Why did you set it back to 10 from previous 5? Won't this cripple Japan to much?

Edit: Never mind, I realized we talk only about undeployed units.

Last edited:
We lowered this a couple of version back mainly to help China and India, who strategically redeploy themselves to death. Putting this back up gives the other nations a historical limit on their SR, hopefully this is the right choice.

@Teg - In my current handsoff game the US has 4 Carrier fleets patrolling the east coast of the USA and only 1 fleet based in the Pacific. Can other betas please see if this is a trend, because this could explain why Japan has free reign in the Pacific, as well as costing the USA a lot in TPs sunk

I´seen this myself once at least. I´ll try and shift the admiral priorities around. On paper they look fine.

I reduced the number of attack fleets the US forms, to make the individual fleets larger.

Please others report their experiences.

Barbarossa is a real arm wrestle in the tests I have done so far, with the Germans eventually breaking the Soviet lines in 1944-45. Allies had some issues with no/little invasions of Italy/France due to a lack of TPs (most likely due to the Japanese) but all in all looking really good. Australia still leaves its homeland with too few a garrison and is easy pickings for Japan. Hopefully having the USA carrier fleets more active in the Pacific will help reduce this.
China is also holding its own very well, and in my current handsoff test is still resisting well in 1945.

Last edited:
A report by somebody who played human GER against ai SOV (or ivce versa) would be highly appreciated. This is a key area where previous versions had problems.

I have to give the Australian ai some love, both with more homeland garrisons in their counter-offensive ai and a specific homeland ai they currently lack.

Some shifts of admiral prioirities in the US ai already have produced more fleets in the Pacific compare to what you can download here.

Thanks for puting the new beta up. Ill take a look when i can but bit busy atm so may take a while.

Unless you in a hurry to get feedback and as such shud i give core bit of a boost in free time spending, if not ill take a look at CORE for about 1-2h per day. If u need fast feedback i can increase time spend on it.

Edit : If neede i propably can spend 3-4h testing it but kinda in at the gw2 world atm which is stealing my time along whit work.

What I can tell you is that we want to get CORE 0.60 off our tables and out in a finalised form. So any help is appreciated, obviously only as far as your RL obligations permit.

Publication of AoD 1.08 has eliminated our main external constraint. Now it is really balancing work and bug hunting.

Another task for the testers:

* You will have noticed that there is an occasional crash somewhere between Nov. 36 and Jan. 37. Initially, We blamed the aircraft deals but those have been worked over in detail. The next possible culprit is some rare outcome of the Suiyuan campaign (but again, I tested the most obvious culprits and came up empty handed). Any help here is highly appreciated, this is a real nuisance. Just finding out the date when it happens and whether this is an exact date or depends on the situation is important information.

Thanks

Teg

First of all thanks for the quick update.

Playing as Germany on N/N.

Another task for the testers:

* You will have noticed that there is an occasional crash somewhere between Nov. 36 and Jan. 37. Initially, We blamed the aircraft deals but those have been worked over in detail. The next possible culprit is some rare outcome of the Suiyuan campaign (but again, I tested the most obvious culprits and came up empty handed). Any help here is highly appreciated, this is a real nuisance. Just finding out the date when it happens and whether this is an exact date or depends on the situation is important information.

Thanks

Teg

It's March 37 and no crash occurred.

So said I've a question: as Nationalist Spain won the civil war, I had the event "Lesson learned during the civil war" with the various options. I noticed that if I choose "We need small, maneuverable fighters in large numbers" the interceptor build cost decrease by 1 IC but also their organization decrease by 5%.
Is this WAD ?
I expected an increase in organization.

Cheers
Fab

Small fighers in large numbers: although this event is older than my involvement in CORE, I am pretty sure this is WAD, as stated by namuseta above.

Well I do recall that not all lessons learned from the SCW were actually the right lessons learned... Certainly the option "We need small, maneuverable fighters in large numbers" will prove to be the lesser choice in the end, and was intended to be.

A question to you guys testing the Beta3:

I have the strong impression that there is suddenly too much oil around, and it is definitely not a CORE issue. Do you experience the same and do you experience it in vanilla, too?

I realise that my following comments are probably now obsolete with the new Beta (was using 1.07 & 060015).
Playing as:
USSR
Not a huge struggle to stop the Germans in 1941, but each time I have done so (3 times) the Italians neglect the garrisons in Greece which either rebels or is invaded by the Allies and its game over for the Axis from 1942. Suggest creation of locked garrisons.

Germany:
Comfortably conquer Leningrad/Moscow/Stalingrad and Caucasus in late 1941. (So given preceding comments nalance is okay but maybe needs just to be harder for human vs AI for both.
Using just historical Diplomacy options some purchase events (Yugoslava air purchase and Turkish aircraft (and?) submarine purchase) did not happen). Possible the relationship thresholds for these events needs a tweak? The Altmark incident did not fire although Germany had Capital Ship raiding.
My last game may have been bugged because many Italian units temporarily on loan to me suddenly became permant members of the Whermacht and a US taskforce sailed into the Baltic whilst I controlled Denmark!
In most games where I have been successful as Germany, Japan has declared war in Mid '41 which is probably suicidal for Japan.

Poland:
Bulgarian air purchase did not occur as relationship too low (I did not antagonise anyone!)

Italy:
No real resource issues. I needed to import a fair amount of energy but this was manageable. If Germany were on her knees then it may have become an issue but then I would have bigger problems.

Spain (observations only):
Several CTDs associated with Spanish Civil War end - usually cured by reloading saves. when Republicans do well they often stop on the last (Southern) row of Spanish mainland provinces and neither side does anything - although Republican terminator AI is loaded. When they do conquer mainland spain they take forever to take the last VP in North Africa. Twice the provinces have eventually rebelled before the Republican tried to land there (after many months) thus by default causing the Nationalists to lose!

Hungary, Rumania
Lots of fun! Can't build INF even when at war. Can'r research enabling tech. Is this WAD?

Convoys:
USSR lost access to ALL shipborne trade after Germany DoW, nothin via Vladivostock or via my shiny new major port in Archangelsk (yes I know its icebound 1/3 of the year!). It seems as if it only checks to Leningrad.

No mercantile trade can be conducted by anyone (but Turkey) through the Bosphorus even when neutral. Is this historically accurate? Even if Rumania or Bulgaria capture/build a major port on the West of the Bosphorus they can't trade. Seems a little odd. Haven't checked with Hungary to see what happens if they "own" Yugoslavia! No Soviet trade via the Bosphorus either.

Time to try the new version!

BTW - still hoping for a few scripted Chinese light armour!

Regards

Vermin

One thing you will find in the new version is an event that takes away the VP in Ceuta when Nationalist Spain is almost defeated and returns it when either side wins - so this protracted SCW with a near SPR victory should be a thing of the past.