• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tried them both, first arsenal.exe, with no success, and game's.exe, with same result (application load error message).
That's odd. Could you please post a screenshot of the error in the Tech Support subforum?

Hi trying to download the 1.07 patch but unable to as I do not know what the game code is. How do I find this game code? I purchased AoD from GameStop it runs very well but only as the 1.07 patch.

Any help on this?

Sure you have to registry you AOD game. You better contact game-stop for the key.

Last edited:
redownloaded AoD from GG,downloaded 1.08 patch,opened it with win rar.I have windows 8 and the patch shows on the "tiles",I copy and paste to new folder,yet when I copy/pste that folder into AoD files,its still rar file unopened?

I cannot download the "small fix" listed in post #54 of this thread. I assume it is necessary to add it after patching to 1.08, yes??? If so, we need a new link.

OK, I copied my Aod folder out of the Steam folder and put it in a folder I call "GamesXP". I have not updated it to 108 yet. When I try to run it (v107) as a test DIRECTLY from the arsenal or aodgame.exe I get a Steam Error application failure to load.. Is there a way around this so that I can run the 108 updated version from this new directory? If I update in the Steam directory then Steam will likely try to "update" me back to 107.

ANSWER: For those who come after me: 107 from Steam will not run from a new game folder (probably a registry thing built into the exe?). BUT if you update to 108 AFTER copying the game to a new folder, the new, updated files execute just fine!

Last edited:
OK, I copied my Aod folder out of the Steam folder and put it in a folder I call "GamesXP". I have not updated it to 108 yet. When I try to run it (v107) as a test DIRECTLY from the arsenal or aodgame.exe I get a Steam Error application failure to load.. Is there a way around this so that I can run the 108 updated version from this new directory? If I update in the Steam directory then Steam will likely try to "update" me back to 107.

ANSWER: For those who come after me: 107 from Steam will not run from a new game folder (probably a registry thing built into the exe?). BUT if you update to 108 AFTER copying the game to a new folder, the new, updated files execute just fine!

The launcher doesn't work for me though, I get an unhandled exception when I try to load it, its missing choices for resolutions as well.