• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible to read the change log anywhere? I would like to purchase this game, but ideally after knowing what's new and been fixed.

Is a 1.09 patch likely at some point?

registrer your game and you can read the change log. its in the AoD - Tech Support.

A 1.09 patch its hard to say maybe next year.

Last edited:
Is it possible to read the change log anywhere? I would like to purchase this game, but ideally after knowing what's new and been fixed.

Is a 1.09 patch likely at some point?
Hi Sleight of Hand,

in case you already didn't, maybe the best thing you can do now is reading the Developer Diaries, as they cover all the main features which make AoD such a big improvement over HoI2.

As for the change log(s) you have been asking for, as Pioniere says they're in the Tech Support forum. Registering your game in order to read them, though, somehow denies the goal of getting a better idea of the game before actually purchasing it, as you asked.

Perhaps there would be no problem in posting the content of some of the most recent patches' changelogs in the basic AoD forum: after all, they're just lists of changes, not the patches themselves. In the meanwhile, however, I'd suggest you to give those Dev diaries a peek, as they should really give you an already good picture of the game's new features. If you loved HoI2, then you'll love³ AoD!

Re: a 1.09 patch: yes, it has already been announced more than once when 1.08 was in the works by the same main author of the most recent patch so don't worry, the game is still being actively supported.

Last edited:
It's in page 2 of this thread.
I think Sleight was referring to a sort of "thorough" changelog from 1.02 to 1.08 but yes, as far as 1.08 is concerned, it is in the previous page.

Thank you Titan, appreciated.

Is the 1.08 patch live on Steam? That's probably where I'd buy this game.
No problem, you're welcome.

As for the site, I'd also suggest Gamersgate - they provide a very good service.

To be used as small fix:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2w7ya9
AddFix.rar

death_events expanded
L18010 new pic.
New ministers_cze CSV bug free
missing pic. M_CZE_Emanuel_Moravec
Mussolini_end picture for his passing event

those files are for the 1.8

death_events expanded: event folder
L18010 and M_CZE_Emanuel_Moravec: pic folder
Mussolini_end: event pictures folder

Last edited:
When will the 1.08 patch be available on Steam?

There's a sale on now, so I can get AoD and some other games for good prices.

See my quote. With Steam your only option is to copy the AoD folder to a new location to apply the patch there and use the new folder to play.
Wiki is nice but if the patch isn't sent out to the distributors not all users have access to it. Especially affected are those with rather restrictive digital download software control like Steam or D2D.
And I would really like to have some comments from devs regarding patch distribution.

Unfortunately with the sales partners there's a direct link between sales and admin efforts allocated. That is one of the main reasons we have moved into making things like patching etc more streamlined for our newer releases. Since the base game is not really selling much, they will also not allocate time to update patches, in particular for a 2,5 year old game. So on our end we need to make sure patches are available in some form from us.

Kind regards
Susana

Maybe we need a community push for it..

A tip to you guys that have it on steam:
1. Find the folder (Something like C:\Programs\steamapps\common\arsenal of democracy)
2. Extract all the files there and replace the old ones.
3. Run the game directly from "Arsenal.exe" (maybe make a shortcut for it in your desktop).
4. Don't EVER run it with steam (then it will screw it up)
:D

death_events expanded: event folder
L18010 and M_CZE_Emanuel_Moravec: pic folder
Mussolini_end: event pictures folder