+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Win Beta Spot for Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour!

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Win Beta Spot for Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour!

Do you have a heart of iron & a will of steel?

Spies! Leaders! Naval landings!
    Do you want the chance to lead your nation through World War II, the largest conflict in world history, before anyone else?
    Then enter this contest for 10 exclusive beta spots in Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour and take command!
    Winners will also receive the complete Hearts of Iron pack (II, III and expansions) or a game of their choice from Paradox Development Studio.

Detailed espionage will let players green-light covert operations, while their military commanders will gain traits and, with them, personalities.
    Naval landings can now be planned with specialized assault craft. But this is just the start - we've also got new elite units for each nation (Rangers! Gurkhas!)
    Plus, a new game mode letting players start with a clean slate and drop straight into the business of producing units and technology.
    Simulations are great and all, but we appreciate that sometimes, you just want to run a war.

Contest rules:
    1. Describe your best moment from any game or expansion in the Hearts of Iron series and explain why this moment has left a strong impression on your heart of iron.
    Feel free to include screenshots from your play session!
    2. Post your testimonial for Hearts of Iron as a new post in the AAR forums here:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Reports-(AAR)
    3. And post a link to your AAR in this tread!

For inspiration, read all Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour development diaries here:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...eloper-Diaries

We look forward to reading about your Hearts of Iron experiences!

The contest is now closed and the winners are announced here:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14304870

The winners will be contacted this week!

Cheers,
    Regina

Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_13.jpg
Views:	1270
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	61802Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_8.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	461.5 KB
ID:	61799Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_1.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	61796Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_14.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	61803Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_9.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	61800Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_5.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	61797Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_10.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	502.3 KB
ID:	61801Click image for larger version

Name:	HeartsofIronIII_TheirFinestHour_Screen_6.jpg
Views:	2826
Size:	413.3 KB
ID:	61798
    Last edited by Regina; 03-09-2012 at 18:03.
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Feel free to show your support for us at PDS - the devs behind EU, CK, Hoi & Vicky: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio
    Check out the Paradox Wiki in search for answers & share your knowledge with your fellow Paradoxians: http://wiki.paradoxplaza.com/

I am not, I'm not really here. albso437's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Woohoo...

Edit;

@Regina - I was keeping it short and sweet...
    Last edited by albso437; 23-08-2012 at 15:49.
    "Han va vrång på judebolsjevismen men grät otröstlit när Stalin dog 53. - Han gav dom jävlarna va dom tålde, snyfta han."
    Äldreomsorgen i Övre Kågedalen

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by albso437 View Post
    Woohoo...
    and what were you doing in HOI when you felt that?

Field Marshal
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    and what were you doing in HOI when you felt that?
    When I found out that the game runs without some bugs and exploits!

No, seriously, I never felt like "woohoo", HoI3 either gives me a long, satisfying streak or I´m just in a "bad streak" and unhappy how my empire is big...

Recently, I´ve taken over Italy as Greece, somebody would maybe said it´s a huge success, but I´m not feeling like that because of my feeling, how my territory is "terrifyingly" big...

My Greek AAR
    Last edited by Ikarases; 23-08-2012 at 16:02.
    "Write a narration", they said.
    "Get more views", they said.
    "It'll drain your time", they didn't say.

You're nuts! Ikar has made his own inkwell!

15/04/2013 & 10/7/2014 - Fan of the Week (KLorberau & Belgiumruler)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hello Regina,

Good news, thanks .

Did you write a new Dev diary today ? I can't wait each thursday for it ^^

EDIT : I just saw it. Sorry
    French Paradox games fan (but eternal noob )

There is a limit of post/words to one player? I can wrote a book with plenty of screenshots to show my best moments when playing HoI 2 or 3
    Simple English User

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    When I first conquered the US with Japan in vanilla 1.04, and realized this game is fun after all, regardless of the riots in the forum.
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    When I first conquered the US with Japan in vanilla 1.04, and realized this game is fun after all, regardless of the riots in the forum.
    Something similar for me, when I played the Demo before game was released and took over half the USA before time was up

(For those that don't know the Demo was a normal Sept 1:st 1939 campaign as Germany with 4 month time limit).
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Thanik View Post
    There is a limit of post/words to one player? I can wrote a book with plenty of screenshots to show my best moments when playing HoI 2 or 3
    We didn´t say a limit, you can basically write as short or long as you want!
    But don´t feel that you have to write a book, we simply want to hear your best memories and those moments that really made an impact on you!

Heading to the DANGER ZONE... Wraith11B's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2500k club

Yeah... can we cite past AARs for this? Or show the sheer amount of GoogleSpreadsheets we have set up for our next AAR?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Considering some of the great AAR's that I've read I don't stand a snowball chance in hell.
    My mom always told me to be nicer. She said that I could catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. But I always found that a big pile of dog poop worked best.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith11B View Post
    Yeah... can we cite past AARs for this? Or show the sheer amount of GoogleSpreadsheets we have set up for our next AAR?
    I´d say yes, as long as it is an AAR that really captures your finest hour playing Hearts of Iron!
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Feel free to show your support for us at PDS - the devs behind EU, CK, Hoi & Vicky: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio
    Check out the Paradox Wiki in search for answers & share your knowledge with your fellow Paradoxians: http://wiki.paradoxplaza.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jju_57 View Post
    Considering some of the great AAR's that I've read I don't stand a snowball chance in hell.
    I definitly think you stand a chance!
    We are after that magic moment and experience that YOU have had in a Hearts of Iron game.
    We want to know what moment it was and why it was special.
    It doesn´t have to be indepth and detailed, as long as you describe why that moment has stayed in your memory!

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Who's on the jury?
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

The most memorable moment for me was when I run the 'World in Flames' mod for HoI2 for the first time.
    Strange, I know

This mod used to start with Roosevelt's 'Day of Infamy' speech than switched to Hitler and later to Churchill with superb music playing in the background.
    It was totally and utterly awesome.

First Lieutenant
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k club

My finest hour was the first hour I ever played. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14259981

Hi,

Does anybody knows if Common Weapons and Secret Weapons ( if it will be able ) will be compatible with this expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by horus3 View Post
    Hi,

Does anybody knows if Common Weapons and Secret Weapons ( if it will be able ) will be compatible with this expansion?
    maybe, maybe not. it depends on the changed made in the expansion.
    what has that to do with this thread though?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020The Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms event

..forming the "Unholy Alliance" with my girlfriend, and splitting the world into two allied blobs (in HoI2 DD Armageddon, IIRC).

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I might as well give this a shot too. this is a rather lucky coincidence. I just had the best game of my life. Playing FTM with the latest black ICE mod, I had a fun and interesting game as Japan. It felt like I was sucked into the game. The Immersion and the detail of the game is just wonderful.

I think Japan is one of the most fun countries to play. Here you can attack who you want and were you want. And it's really fun to make plans and actually accomplish those plans. It gives you a satisfied feeling when you see whole of Asia turn into your color. To see your tanks rolling across the US mainland and the large territories of of the SU. I really loved every minute of the game. I had to constantly keep an eye on my techs and my forces. Sometimes I had to sacrifice the one or the other. which led to some tense situations at some points. The AI was a real challenge in this game, it didn't give up without a fierce fight. I still won, but I didn't get it for free. Which is why this game, was my WAUW game out of all games I have ever played.

I made an AAR about this just for this:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post14261894
    I always find myself in the middle...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast