• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

21oliver

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jun 8, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
Im playing as Canada but i happen to be watching the Soviet invasion of Finland (who isnt in the Axis, and its right after Poland fell). Theyre tearing through them, taking about 3/4 of the country and then wham, all the Soviet areas are gone and they get...nothing. Not even the little bit they get normally if they accept peace. Things that make you go hmmm.....

BTW in FTM 3.05 The Canadien button to build an infantry unit builds motorized and one or more of the Canadian infantry when built is mispelled lol poor Canada

On closer look they got Vilpuri and that small strip but they didnt get the little piece of coast in the Baltic that i usually see. Pre-conditions for that?

Lol, I remember back in vanilla that you could "cancel" the Winter war right after it fired off...

When you sign peace, you get only the occupied territory where you have cores, the rest of the land goes to the pre-war owner... Remember that they don´t have cores on Hanko, but it was the part of the "deal" that SU builds here some military stuff...

Its simulating the Winter War, where vastly outnumbered Finns made a remarkable defense against a Soviet invasion after they refused Moscow's demands to cede certain bits of territory. Eventually the Soviets had to accept small concessions and made a truce (although the concessions were pretty much the same pieces of land they had demanded Finland give in the first place). This episode generally made the rest of the world view the Soviet army it backward and bumbling, and may have lead to Hitler underestimating their potential.

I'm not exactly sure how the game does it, as I've never played either of those countries- I would guess the war goal is only for those certain provinces and the SU AI stops there.

Finns have two choices: They either give the territory, or they will be at war... The game is still far from that at the end of the war (ending by peace, no puppeting or annexing) the war is just like any other war... ;)

I´m confused... In vanilla they just agreed to fall back most of the times, giving SU cores+Hanko... Idk then...

I was probably playing ICE when i got the Baltic port. In vanilla you dont get it. It is sort of stupid to see the Soviets often conquer most of Finland and then give it all back for a tiny piece.

Play HPP :p

And Finland :D

For the most part i like HPP best, i do have a few problems with it but most are moddable. I for some reason always come back to Vanilla. I like alot of the stuff the mods do but always something turns me off enough that i always end up coming back to vanilla.

Tell me :p

I started to play intenpendent Egypt...

At first, I started UK, released Egypt... But then I saw Egypt doesn´t have any stockpiles! So I loaded as Egypt, saved, took the stockpiles from the save-game (from the start), and replaced them to my intenpendent Egypt save-game... I also needed to set Al Qahira as a capital (for some reason the acting capital went to the most south-eastern province, my army started at province with no infra, but I didn´t care about it when I could at least move it)...

I did some things (ministers, army etc.) and saved again...

The Great Depression event (3rd hour of the game) caused that my MP went from about 88 to 0... So I needed to copy from my previous save the MP count, put it in the save-game after the event...

I wonder what awaits me next...

P.S. For some reason, UK was so nice that they released all of it´s puppets! (India, Malaya etc.)

At least more targets to DW without pissing off the UK... Hehehe :p

Or maybe I´ll start as Finland and keep this save-game for later use (at least I could be spamming GAR units) :D

a man with a plan :)

Actually, I´ve played Finland a few times (maybe my first game ever or the second one) and it doesn´t require some serious modding (at least I hope)...

Plus I haven´t played it in FTM and HPP, so there might lead the way... Back in vanilla I just DWed them right after Barbarossa (they pulled a lot of units from the border) in order to join Commintern (you got -0.5 to drift towards faction for every province the faction controled and you had cores in it, f.e. Ireland to UK)...