• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vaca_loca

First Lieutenant
37 Badges
Aug 18, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
The huge distances in South America make it gruesome to try to wage an infantry war, so I went for a paratrooper army. Problem is that I don't know how to move them in my territory. I can rebase te plane, but if I have the paratroopers loaded it won't rebase, so the paratroopers have to go by foot, wich kind of defeats the point. Help?

The huge distances in South America make it gruesome to try to wage an infantry war, so I went for a paratrooper army. Problem is that I don't know how to move them in my territory. I can rebase te plane, but if I have the paratroopers loaded it won't rebase, so the paratroopers have to go by foot, wich kind of defeats the point. Help?
Dumb Paradox oversight, it's always "worked" like that. Use strategic deployment instead.

Air transported troops were a bigger thing than paradropped troops IIRC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/91st_Infantry_Division_(Germany)

Thanks for the responses. Pardon my noobishness, but what is strategy deployment and how do I do it?
Hold CTRL and right click a province -> Strategic redeployment. They'll arrive at the province much quicker (and in 1.2 absurdly quick) but they lose org on the trip. Supposed to represent shuttling your troops to the front via trains or something similar, I believe.

Strategic deplayment is certainly better but I suppose it occured to you to paradrop your troops as far as you can, let them walk the rest of the way and then rebase.. with one or two corps its the way to go, as the planes have to regain org before they can go again the troops have time to walk.. but if you have a heap of paras and not many planes then it won't do..

stat deployment is best..

Hold CTRL and right click a province -> Strategic redeployment. They'll arrive at the province much quicker (and in 1.2 absurdly quick) but they lose org on the trip. Supposed to represent shuttling your troops to the front via trains or something similar, I believe.

My troops loose all their org when moving anyhow, does this require any tech?