+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does War of The Roses Have Campaign

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Question Does War of The Roses Have Campaign

just as the title says does it because i dont want to buy it and have no campaign

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    There will be a singleplayer campaign at launch (not in the beta), yes.. But the focus is on multiplayer so it won't be as extensive as M&B SP.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
    There will be a singleplayer campaign at launch (not in the beta), yes.. But the focus is on multiplayer so it won't be as extensive as M&B SP.
    Do you know how many hours the single player will be?

EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Blog Entries
    As long as you take to complete it, I don't know any details.
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Quote Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
    As long as you take to complete it, I don't know any details.
    thanks anyway have fun

It's actually multiplayer only.

Quote Originally Posted by Montandon View Post
    I dont think so why would they charge $30.00 for a multiplayer game
    "Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God." ~Martin Luther

Blog Entries
    It's multiplayer and singleplayer. Singleplayer will be available at launch as far as I know.
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

If you don't know the answer to something and aren't willing to look it up, you shouldn't reply as if you know something for certain. =P

The game will launch with a single player campaign which is built around teaching you how to play the multiplayer. I wouldn't expect an epic, long, amazing campaign (though you never know), but it does exist. My inclination is that it will essentially serve as an extended narrative tutorial. But we'll see, they may surprise us.

I was expecting a single player campaign since they mentioned it in early interviews, but when I did look it up in their new page both at paradoxplaza.com and the games' own website it's now listed as multiplayer only, so I went on and asked about it on the General Discussion section of the Beta forums, and from what I understood of Robin's, the leader programmer of the game, answer the single player campaign was removed from the final product. I don't know if I could disclose this information since it was posted in the beta forums, but as the game is widely listed as multiplayer only now both in the retailers and official pages I believe there is no problem.

ProjectAngel, if you're reading this I'd like to ask you to update the FAQ thread with a more clear and updated answer to this matter.

Well I think it's been said all along that the singleplayer content in the game is geared towards getting the player ready for multiplayer.

Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaEuropa Universalis: Rome

(Apologies to Montandon for the sharp words. )

Going by their recent video, there is still a single player feature but it is essentially the multiplayer game using bots, mirroring historical battles of the time. So you might get some setup, maybe some varying objectives from standard multiplayer, but I don't think it counts as a 'campaign' per se.

Which is too bad honestly, a campaign would've been fun. Still, I'm getting it for the multiplayer, so it's not a game-breaking loss.

Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses

I hope the bots in this game are smarter than Mount and Blades

So the multiplayer is good enough for $30.00 then i guess ill get it

Quote Originally Posted by tukkordo View Post
    I hope the bots in this game are smarter than Mount and Blades
    Don't bash on the bots! They are deadly if they mob you!

I don't see why they wouldn't eventually make a single player campaign, but maybe I'm just being overly optimistic...

Its a multiplayer focused game. There's really no need for them to make any kind of singleplayer campaign later on.

I've also stated a few times that M&B (Which this is clearly inspired by) is owing its success to 50 percent singleplayer, 50 percent modding, and 50 percent multiplayer ;-)
    Its more about longevity than anything else in my mind, but then again, War of the Roses has a different focus, whether we like it or not :-)

If they aren't launching with a singleplayer campaign I wouldn't expect one unless the game is very successful, and then they might sell it as an expansion or something (with multiplayer stuff of course).

Honestly, in terms of free stuff/DLC going forward, I'd rather see them work on adding more maps/gear to the multiplayer than spending a lot of time on a campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by razgon View Post
    Its a multiplayer focused game. There's really no need for them to make any kind of singleplayer campaign later on.

I've also stated a few times that M&B (Which this is clearly inspired by) is owing its success to 50 percent singleplayer, 50 percent modding, and 50 percent multiplayer ;-)
    Its more about longevity than anything else in my mind, but then again, War of the Roses has a different focus, whether we like it or not :-)
    That would mean 150% you should have 100% so you mean 33.3(repeated)% for all 3 things

Hence the ";-)" smiley after the statement...

Lead Programmer
    Fatshark

There is a single player campaign, but it's the same maps as the multiplayer so it's rather short.

If you're not into multiplayer, I think you'll be dissappointed. I'd say the single player is more as a gangplank into the multiplayer or as a distraction when you don't feel like multiplayer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast