• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

UberAlles

Corporal
7 Badges
Jan 8, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
After months (years!) of playing as European majors (France, Austria, Spain, Russia), I have decided to switch over to an "Eastern" major - the Ottomans.

I have been enjoying brutalizing Persia - thanks to the Unam Sanctum CB ... damn heretics! But, if I want to clean up the Arabian peninsula and then move into Central Asia and northern India, I will be facing Sunni nations. And I don't have a good CB to use against them.

So, when/how do I get the Imperialism CB ?

Or, other suggestions?

Thanks everyone.

The best way to deal with the Arab nations as the Ottomans is - if you can - to force personal unions on them, then wait to inherit. That way you get all their buildings.

Funny, I wouldn't have described the British Empire as having any of those forms of government, but they managed to be pretty imperialistic anyway.
In game terms, the British Empire's expansionist activities during EU3's period mostly revolved around colonization and the use of Colonial Conquest CBs.