+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having multiple Center of Trade

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Having multiple Center of Trade

Hi,
    I am playing France, after annexing few of my closest 'enemy' I now have 4 trade center in a small area, I was wondering if I need to get rid off the ones that are not profitable (2 on 4, malus of 20 of prestige each time), or should I just keep them? What are the reasons to destroy/to keep a CoT ?

If you are free trade you want fewer CoTs.
    If you are mercantile you want more CoTs on your borders to grab trade from others provinces.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Which are the CoTs? Ile-de-France, Antwerp and ...

If one of your CoTs is inland, in a non-core or wrong culture province and below 300 value, you should probably destroy it. The less CoTs you're trading in, the better your compete chance and the easier to achieve and maintain monopolies.

Quote Originally Posted by Balou View Post
    Which are the CoTs? Ile-de-France, Antwerp and ...

If one of your CoTs is inland, in a non-core or wrong culture province and below 300 value, you should probably destroy it. The less CoTs you're trading in, the better your compete chance and the easier to achieve and maintain monopolies.
    This, assuming, of course, that you are staying mercantalist. I would add that Ile-de-France is very poorly located so if you have Antwerpen and Liguria it probably isn't the worst idea to eliminate it anyway. If you have those two plus Andalucia I'd call it a no-brainer.

i'd keep the CoTs and let them die on their own, unless they aren't cored and you are suffering in sending out merchants. CoTs give a great tax bonus that you can take advantage of, and as france i think production and taxes would be some of your best income

I am wondering about something here... is it possible that a Cot is created from out of nowhere? asking because when I play some games and I stay like Norway or an big empire and I don't have a Cot then suddenly it pops up a new cot in a random province in my country... I delete it end some months/years later it happends again, its really annoying... like 60 years later in a Norway game and I want a Cot in Akershus or Bergenshus and I am soon getting the money to it then suddenly a Cot opens in Iceland or Trøndelag... do someone know why!?

Quote Originally Posted by glennandre22 View Post
    I am wondering about something here... is it possible that a Cot is created from out of nowhere? asking because when I play some games and I stay like Norway or an big empire and I don't have a Cot then suddenly it pops up a new cot in a random province in my country... I delete it end some months/years later it happends again, its really annoying... like 60 years later in a Norway game and I want a Cot in Akershus or Bergenshus and I am soon getting the money to it then suddenly a Cot opens in Iceland or Trøndelag... do someone know why!?
    There is a mechanic that automatically spawns a CoT if the number of occupied provinces in the world divided by the number of CoTs goes above 30. The mechanic prioritizes provinces that are in culture groups that don't already have a CoT. Once all culture groups are represented it tends towards the top of the province list-Scandinavia...

Aah, ok, is there a way to stop this from happening? since it's destroying my future plans for trade...

Ship Simulator Extremes

CoTs will not auto-spawn in a province that is owned by a country who is a member of a trade league. This mechanic has been explored and played with to the extent of getting all of the world's trade through one single CoT.

Ok, Thanks

+ Reply to Thread