• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

12doze12

First Lieutenant
9 Badges
Feb 11, 2011
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
I was playing as sicily and I noticed that Napols current mission was to conquer the papal states so I decided to proclaim them guarantee but now I'm busy in another war and napols can strike at any time, is there a way to cancel a "proclaim guarantee" ?:unsure:

Nope. If you do it, be ready to fight for it.

I think that that it's nonsense I think u should be allowed to cancel it if, let's say your king dies and the heir succeds.

The heir reaches the thrown and thinks:

- What the f*** I don't want to protect these noobs !!!

I think that that it's nonsense I think u should be allowed to cancel it if, let's say your king dies and the heir succeds.

I believe all guarantees and warnings last 10 years, so after a certain period of time they run out.

And i disagree that you should be able to take them back. Its a strategic weapon you can use to get into wars you dont wanna fight to annex stuff per se, but wars you wanna fight to make sure other countries of your size dont grow too big. If it was possible to take it back easily then it would be pretty much like a exploit.

At the same time, in real life if you guaranteed a nation's independence then revoked it a couple of months later, no-one's gonna take you seriously.

Note: A warning only works if you have a border with the country you're trying to protect.