+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Divergences for AHD

Divergences for AHD

Divergences - An AlterVicky mod

Nil volentibus arduum

According to the quantum theory, every decision made in the universe creates an alternative universe where all the following events take a different way. The first decision that diverged the timeline is called the Point of Divergence.

In the Divergences mod there are PODs that are not bound to each other:
    • The duke of Burgundy decides to continue his support for Plantagenets in the Hundred Years' War
    • The personal union of Denmark, Norway and Sweden survives and evolves to a unitary state
    • One of the descendants of Timur the Great manages to re-unite the Chagatai under his control
    • The Chenghua Emperor does not stop Ming China's explorations, but decides to pursue them with greater zeal than before

But that were not all the changes. The timeline began to diverge more and more and after 400 years the very world as we know it looks absolutely different...

Download & Installation

Version 0.7 - 19.12.2012
    This version is compatible with the patch 2.31.
    Hotfix: none
    Checksum: SKJM

Installation Instructions:
    1. Have compatible patch installed
    2. Delete or change name of existing mod folder and file
    3. Extract to Victoria 2\mod folder
    4. Install any hotfixes
    5. Go to My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Victoria 2\DVG and delete the map cache
    6. Play

Other Downloads

Other Threads

The Team

aeriic - mod leader

Contributors

Thanks
    Athalcor - former mod leader
    Kinniken - started DVG
    Naselus - porting to AHD
    PDM Team - for PDM

Changelog
    Code:
    v0.8
     * Events for European expansion in India and Mughal decline

v0.7
     * Manifest Destiny decisions for Arcadian states
     * Italian irredentism decision
     * Minor culture changes in Channel Islands and Savoy
     * Bug fixes

v0.6
     * New event series for Italian unification by Etruria during Liberal Revolutions
     * PDM 3.2.2 core system and workaround for ai leaving units in other countries
     * Bug fixes

v0.5
     * New culture for Essequibo and different religion
     * New cultures for Kita Kaigan and Athesia
     * North Italian integration and Latin Empire decisions for Aragon-Italy
     * Added unique dismantlement for Aragon-Italy
     * Updated to APD 3.1.4
     * Fixed several bugs

v0.4
     * Events for Aragon and Greek intervention in Ottoman Civil War
     * More dynamic voluntary dissolution of Gran Columbia
     * Moved some soldier pops from British Isles to France
     * Added unique dismantlement for Poland-Lithuania
     * Nerfed Tungning more by moving to unciv level 4
     * More bug fixes
     * Intergrated more PDM events
     * Updated economy to APD 3.1.0
     * Added new PDM colonization inventions
     * Updated PDM interface changes
     * Changed end game screen

v0.3
     * Buffed Danubian Confederation formed by event
     * Immigrants to Americas more likely to choose former colony of immigrant's culture
     * Added remove from sphere decisions
     * Changed some tags: POL to PLC, MIN to MIG, PAN to PNJ
     * Aragonese-Italian Civil War can also happen if rank 4 or above or mass politics is researched
     * First attempt to nerf Tungning
     * Boosted starting unciv reforms for Level 4 uncivs to what they were before
     * More events and decisions from PDM added
     * Fixed bugs
     * Fixed localization issues
     * Economy balancing 

v0.2
     * Fixed various bugs
     * Fixed various localization issues
     * Added several events and decisions from PDM
     * Slightly reduced amount of starting unciv reforms

v0.1
     * Set starting unciv reforms and techs
     * Set new starting political and social reforms
     * Updated starting OOBs
     * Updated CBs
     * Corrected map
    Last edited by aeriic; 03-01-2013 at 02:30.

General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    I am not officially part of the team yet, but I think I am going to start working on the mod, simply because aeriic is gone for the moment, I am going to start off with a hotfix, fixing the korean crisis, which had a year =1950 rather than 1850, I will be trying to figure out the icon issue soon, btw, just in the middle of a divergences game and will be collecting data at the end, this was more of a clear issue

just drop in events folder, dunno checksum yet JCW - 3342XX.txt
    Last edited by Connor Mulhern; 27-08-2012 at 04:39.

Is there going to be a new version for the RGO fix out anytime soon?
    For Mother Russia: Scourge of the East! для мати Россия: бедствие востока Read The AAR of the rising Russian Empire.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Cool! Is there a way we could play this without PDM though?

General

Quote Originally Posted by LeoGecko View Post
    Is there going to be a new version for the RGO fix out anytime soon?
    What is the RGO fix, the whiole icon issue? I could throw together a hotfix if you were a bit more specific

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreSanity View Post
    Cool! Is there a way we could play this without PDM though?
    I highly doubt aeriic will de-port it just for you, and I sure as hell wont (on offence) is it an issue of your computer not being able to run PDM or not?

Yeah Connor, I mean the icon issue.
    For Mother Russia: Scourge of the East! для мати Россия: бедствие востока Read The AAR of the rising Russian Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor Mulhern View Post
    I highly doubt aeriic will de-port it just for you, and I sure as hell wont (on offence) is it an issue of your computer not being able to run PDM or not?
    Uh no, I hate PDM's the problem.

Shame though, mod looks interesting as hell.

General

Uh no, I hate PDM's the problem.

Shame though, mod looks interesting as hell.
    Its mainly a port of PDM's economy and solider system, if those are the things you have a problem either downgrade to PDM, or deal with it I guess

Quote Originally Posted by LeoGecko View Post
    Yeah Connor, I mean the icon issue.
    Ok, if he doesint throw up a hotfix by tomorrow, I will try to do it, kind of busy though, got practice and helping out the breast cancer walk plus I have a game

Ok, if he doesint throw up a hotfix by tomorrow, I will try to do it, kind of busy though, got practice and helping out the breast cancer walk plus I have a game
    What's the icon issue? If the goods icons have 'slipped', then it's pretty easy to fix, tbh
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Its mainly a port of PDM's economy and solider system, if those are the things you have a problem either downgrade to PDM, or deal with it I guess
    PDM's economy is the problem though.

General

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    What's the icon issue? If the goods icons have 'slipped', then it's pretty easy to fix, tbh
    Yeah, its just a corruption, got back early due to injury from football, will download 3.1.4, how would the file be corrupted though and what would the easiest fix be, they just appeared to have moved to the left slightly, so if you look at the factory panel they are just over
    Last edited by Connor Mulhern; 24-08-2012 at 19:40.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

PDM's economy is the problem though.
    Whats the problem with it? Too slow for your computer, or you think that it makes the game too easy?
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    Whats the problem with it? Too slow for your computer, or you think that it makes the game too easy?
    Yes to the latter, along with idiotic shit INVENTED STABLES and complete feature over-bloat that the Magna Mundi devs would be envious. Shame on Divergences though, it looked like an interesting scenario to play.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Yes to the latter, along with idiotic shit INVENTED STABLES and complete feature over-bloat that the Magna Mundi devs would be envious. Shame on Divergences though, it looked like an interesting scenario to play.
    I'm not sure how the economy is feature bloat at all, to me it seems like the optimal amount of stuff, and pretty balanced. The rest of the features all improve the game. Feature bloat is when they are just adding stuff that makes it more complex without making it more fun to play. Invented stables seems like a completely marginal thing to complain about. But to each his own I guess... I don't want to clog up this thread with this.
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon

Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

As I said in a previous thread, the economy is usually changed quite a bit version to version, and can swing from very easy to fairly challenging between versions. Inventions are done to keep multiple countries from inventing something at once (the horses in particular are kind of silly though), and what about PDM would you consider feature bloaty? I know I'm white knighting for PDM here, but I really don't understand why people don't like the mod unless it slows their computer to a screeching halt.
    "You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
    ~ Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by flame7926 View Post
    I'm not sure how the economy is feature bloat at all, to me it seems like the optimal amount of stuff, and pretty balanced. The rest of the features all improve the game. Feature bloat is when they are just adding stuff that makes it more complex without making it more fun to play. Invented stables seems like a completely marginal thing to complain about. But to each his own I guess... I don't want to clog up this thread with this.
    Well it's just the pile on of nothing but bullshit. Including of a shoe based economy, Biologism giving you Boot production increase for some reason, and Boots and Shoes being separate inventions at all. It's just a massive pile of shit, but yeah, we're getting off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by airpirate View Post
    As I said in a previous thread, the economy is usually changed quite a bit version to version, and can swing from very easy to fairly challenging between versions. Inventions are done to keep multiple countries from inventing something at once (the horses in particular are kind of silly though), and what about PDM would you consider feature bloaty? I know I'm white knighting for PDM here, but I really don't understand why people don't like the mod unless it slows their computer to a screeching halt.
    Because the economy and goods were changed dramatically from vanilla, and the A.I was not changed to compensate for it. It's only made easier for the player.

General

Well it's just the pile on of nothing but bullshit. Including of a shoe based economy, Biologism giving you Boot production increase for some reason, and Boots and Shoes being separate inventions at all. It's just a massive pile of shit, but yeah, we're getting off-topic.
    Shoes and boots are simply nice shoes vs work boots, by that logic, there should only be cloths, besides, at the very least it has a diverse opening economy, while cement and glass are profitable in vanilla

Because the economy and goods were changed dramatically from vanilla, and the A.I was not changed to compensate for it. It's only made easier for the player.
    The shoes was for balance, nothing more, if something does not make sense logically (like boots biologism) but makes the game better, why is it bad? Besides, the Ai is still dumb, you cant really smarten the Ai considering its behavior is basically hardcoded, if he could fix it, he would

Either way, you are by far in the minority on this matter
    Last edited by Connor Mulhern; 25-08-2012 at 03:52.

Shoes and boots are simply nice shoes vs work boots, by that logic, there should only be cloths, besides, at the very least it has a diverse opening economy, while cement and glass are profitable in vanilla

The shoes was for balance, nothing more, if something does not make sense logically (like boots biologism) but makes the game better, why is it bad? Besides, the Ai is still dumb, you cant really smarten the Ai considering its behavior is basically hardcoded, if he could fix it, he would
    Cement and glass are a world of difference a part. It's a game, there's room for abstraction. And adding useless shit that's hard for the A.I to use simply because doesn't make much sense to me.

And if you can't change the A.I to compensate for all the features you put in, I ask you this: Why add it at all? It just breaks the game. And while all the historical events are nice, I could just use NMM for that (All the love to NMM by the way).

EDIT: Also,

The shoes was for balance, nothing more, if something does not make sense logically (like boots biologism) but makes the game better, why is it bad?
    Do you even realize what you just said there?
    Last edited by NoMoreSanity; 25-08-2012 at 03:57.

I totally agree on the bloated goods part.
    Why add something the AI can't use for shit, and which the player can take full advantage of which just makes the game even more easier.

Either way, you are by far in the minority on this matter
    Source on that?

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by OrrieKM View Post
    I totally agree on the bloated goods part.
    Why add something the AI can't use for shit, and which the player can take full advantage of which just makes the game even more easier.

Source on that?
    Well considering all the people that play PDM, it seems like a fair assumption. I have never before seen someone complain that the economy suffers from feature bloat.
    Cement and glass are a world of difference a part. It's a game, there's room for abstraction. And adding useless shit that's hard for the A.I to use simply because doesn't make much sense to me.

And if you can't change the A.I to compensate for all the features you put in, I ask you this: Why add it at all? It just breaks the game. And while all the historical events are nice, I could just use NMM for that (All the love to NMM by the way).

EDIT: Also,

Do you even realize what you just said there?
    Well it makes the economy more balanced overall, with a wider range of things profitable. And the AI can use the stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast