+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Order Clarity and Info

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteGettysburgKing Arthur IILead and Gold
    MagickaSword of the Stars IIMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Blog Entries

Pre-Order Clarity and Info

Hi Everyone,

First, thanks for the over whelming support on our game. We're working hard to sort any pre-order confusion and hopefully this thread will also help. So, I'll get right to it.

Pre-Order Dates and Early Access
    Pre-Order will run from August 20th to September 24th. If you pre-order during that time you get War of the Roses exclusive for one week before the October 2nd release.

Beta Access
    Beta is no longer live.

How the two versions work...
    You can pick the House of York, or the House of Lancaster Deluxe Editions for the Standard Edition price of $29.99. Below is what they include. The York is sold at non Steam retailers and the Lancaster is exclusive to Steam.

Also, if you own any Mount & Blade title on Steam? Receive 20% off War of the Roses on Steam!

ITEMS EXCLUSIVE TO LANCASTER PACKAGE

House of Lancaster Golden Lion Charge
    Upon earning the ability to customize your coat of arms, you'll be able to use the crowned golden lion of England to show your affiliation with the royalty of the age.

Warrior of Lancaster Plate Cuirass
    Warriors of the age used paint as way to protect their armor from rust, decorate themselves, and most importantly as a battlefield identifier. Now you too, can paint your plate cuirass to identify yourself a loyal supporter of the house of Lancaster.

In addition to specialized Lancaster paint for your medium armor, you'll also have access to Lancaster paint for all other armor types in the game once unlocked.

Royal Helm of Lancaster
    The royal helm of Lancaster is a specially painted sallet helm. The sallet was one of the most common and popular late 15th century helmets. The sallet protects users from blows to the back of the neck and also comes with usable visor to shield the face from harm.

In addition to specialized Lancaster paint for your sallet helm, you'll also have access to Lancaster paint for all other armor types in the game once unlocked.

ITEMS EXCLUSIVE TO YORK PACKAGE

House of York White Boar Charge
    Upon earning the ability to customize your coat of arms, you'll be able to use the personal symbol of a former Yorkist king, Richard III, to show your allegiance to the house of York.

Warrior of York Plate Cuirass
    Warriors of the age used paint as way to protect their armor from rust, decorate themselves, and most importantly as a battlefield identifier. Now you too, can paint your plate cuirass to identify yourself a loyal supporter of the house of York.

In addition to specialized York paint for your medium armor, you'll also have access to York paint for all other armor types in the game once unlocked.

Royal Helm of York
    The royal helm of York is a specially painted sallet helm. The sallet was one of the most common and popular late 15th century helmets. The sallet protects users from blows to the back of the neck and also comes with usable visor to shield the face from harm.

In addition to specialized York paint for your sallet helm, you'll also have access to York paint for all other armor types in the game once unlocked.

ITEMS IN BOTH PACKAGES (York and Lancaster)

Black Iron Oxide Castillon Sword
    This specially colored castillon sword gives off a unique blueish black shine and will show your stature on the field of battle.
    The castillon sword is a balanced everymans' sword with a delightfully sharp tip that makes it the premier armor piercing sword of the age.

Royal Honey Badger Helmet Crest
    Knights of the medieval times, often completed their coat of arms by adorning their helmets with glorious or showy sculptures.
    Crests could take the form of everything from metallic fans to animals.
    The Badger in particular, was a symbol of tenacity, determination, and fearlessness.
    War of the Roses Executive Producer
    Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    I have horses, and i cant see whats wrong with the speed? Maybe more bumps for the rider, and more horse farts, but nothing is glaringly wrong here

Heya Gordon

Couple questions...
    #1: it sounds like in your first paragraph that you're suggesting maybe preorders get beta access (maybe not today, but soonish?). Or maybe I am just misreading that O.o

#2:
    Mass Devastation - Up to 64 player competition in both Team Death Match and Conquest modes.
    ^This is from the steam page. This really going to be 64 players? (EDITED for NDA... didn't realize this was public forum at first... durrrrr)

Oh, and I woulda prolly gone with York but 20% off on steam? yeeeeeup takin that

EDIT2: AAAAAND prepurchased $30??? That's amazing for this game (actually only $24 since i owned Mount&Blade :P )
    Last edited by RoninOni; 21-08-2012 at 00:45.

Any news on a boxed version, for those of us throwbacks to the dark ages who still like to collect such material objects rather than just digital versions?
    "We had two bags of books, seventy-five PDF files, five sheets of high-resolution linework, a hard drive half-full of photographs, and a whole galaxy of armour, swords, pollaxes, maces... Also, a quarto of latin texts, a quarto of manuscripts, a case of swords, and two dozen fechtbuch. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious history collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    The only things that really worried me were the fechtbuch. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a history binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

...Here the Pre-Order from Steam:...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/42...r=1_4_4__105_2

...the 2nd October is the Release date...?

N.B.:...to avoid confusion please, close this tread:...
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...on-October-2nd...

ciauz^^,
    Jab

Will you be able to get both versions?

Quote Originally Posted by zourz View Post
    Will you be able to get both versions?
    You mean both York and Lancaster bonuses? No, they come with different editions.

Lancaster will be FAAAR more common being on Steam. I woulda gone York, but dat discount

So how do we know if we got the preorder bonuses? Like when do we get the soundtrack and whatnot? Also, how early is the early access?

Recruit
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Ok I might just be the dumbest person on earth but..

I just pre-ordered the game on steam but I cant figure out how to access the beta. Can some one please explain this process to me.

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonVanDyke View Post
    Beta Access
    You will get Beta Access if you Pre-Order(ed). This will start very soon, but if you pre-ordered today it won't show up yet. We're working on this and hope to have it sorted very soon and join us in the fields of battle, so please don't worry.
    Please read this thread - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...arity-and-Info
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

"Beta Access
    You will get Beta Access if you Pre-Order(ed). This will start very soon, but if you pre-ordered today it won't show up yet. We're working on this and hope to have it sorted very soon and join us in the fields of battle, so please don't worry."

That is from the offical thread for the Steam Pre-order. Found here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...arity-and-Info

Recruit
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I suppose I will have to wait and by wait I mean play another beta that has to deal with planes

Quote Originally Posted by RoninOni View Post
    You mean both York and Lancaster bonuses? No, they come with different editions.

Lancaster will be FAAAR more common being on Steam. I woulda gone York, but dat discount
    As much as I love the red armor, and as much as I find the York armor a bit on the plain side, I'm totally going for the York bundle for that very reason. Day 1 everybody's gonna be running around in red.

I do wish that they did a slight modification and made the York armor white-colored (or a bit whiter at least) rather than plain silver. It would fit the White Rose vs Red Rose theme (more than the current Blue vs Red) and would make the York armor look a hell of a lot nicer.

Also, one bit of clarification: It's called a free upgrade to the Deluxe edition. Does this mean that the Deluxe edition will still be available for sale once the game releases, or will it be pre-order exclusive? Pretty sure I saw a Deluxe pricing of $35, which is kind of dull. Would be nice to have something to show for the preorder and months of waiting compared to anybody being able to have it for a few bucks more post-release.

Also the Gamestreamer button is broken.
    Last edited by nerdstick; 21-08-2012 at 02:12.

DungeonlandMount & Blade: Warband

Are there any pictures character models in the different armour types? I had a look around and couldn't find any detailed ones and want to have a good look at both before deciding which one to go with. I have seen the ones on the pre-order page of the wotr site, but something a bit larger and more detailed would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Newo View Post
    Are there any pictures character models in the different armour types? I had a look around and couldn't find any detailed ones and want to have a good look at both before deciding which one to go with. I have seen the ones on the pre-order page of the wotr site, but something a bit larger and more detailed would be nice
    York and Lancaster. Hopefully that helps .

Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesWar of the Vikings

Blog Entries
    Andrew that York Armour does not look painted?
    Looks like I go Lancaster to pickup the steam discount. I do not think their will be many Yorkist supporters if steam does this.
    "The King is dead, long live the King"
    "A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse!"

Probably dumb question, but I preordered off steams main page, I didn't see an option anywhere to pick york or lancaster editions. I assumed the upgrade choice would happen after purchase, but I didn't see it anywhere.

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Steam version is the Lancaster Edittion.
    Knowledge is my weapon and God my ally!

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    I went York for the blue, but the Lancaster shield looks better. Oh well who cares...TO ARMS!!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Also, if you own any Mount & Blade title on Steam? Receive 20% off War of the Roses on Steam!
    Nice, I was just wondering why I see this discount only in my steam client.
    I do wish that they did a slight modification and made the York armor white-colored (or a bit whiter at least) rather than plain silver. It would fit the White Rose vs Red Rose theme (more than the current Blue vs Red) and would make the York armor look a hell of a lot nicer.
    Gabe's influence that's for sure, pitty.

Does pre-order come with Beta access now?

I see that it says 'PRE-ORDER now to receive: FREE upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition, early access and Beta Entry!' does this mean high priority beta entry or will i just instantly be able to play in the beta once i purchase?
    thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast