• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good to see Canada passed the Bill. Now let's focus on down South.

I'm very interested. I had great fun as Canada when I played them a while back [I got as far as retaking Britain, Spain and France south of the Seine before I got bored]. Best of luck

talt

Subscribed!

First: Exploit the 2nd ACW and take land.
Then: Use extra land gained for the Glory of Regaining Britain.

Good to say Australasia wasn't derailed from Entente track by that coup attempt! I hope that my beloved National France will not disappoint us also. I'm also pleased to see that you're so detailed on Canadian internal events, I always liked that well-developed options about legislation, state of the army, political questions...

First: Exploit the 2nd ACW and take land.
Then: Use extra land gained for the Glory of Regaining Britain.

Actually, I think he might be better served waiting to see how things go. If the Federal government loses, then he invades, defeats both the Syndicalists and the American Union State and recreates a puppet America that can then add its not inconsiderable strength to his.

Actually, I think he might be better served waiting to see how things go. If the Federal government loses, then he invades, defeats both the Syndicalists and the American Union State and recreates a puppet America that can then add its not inconsiderable strength to his.

Or much better option would be to divide USA into separate entities ( there is a event for such thing - fate of america, and it will fire if TEX,CSA and USA do not exist and player controls Atlanta,Chicago and Washington ) - such as Federation of Great Lakes, New England, Federated Union of America, Californian republic, and USA remants in the middle of what was once USA....

Puppet and Balkanize the states!

New England, Alaska and Hawaii should be annexed out right, the PSA, USA rump state and AUS could be puppeted or play them against each other to keep them from getting to powerful!

@Xie: Retaking the British Isles are of the utmost priority, so I won't leave them till the end. As soon as the opportunity presents itself, I will bring the Syndicalist Regime to its knees...

@Asalto: I am hoping Nat. France is able to help out as well. I want to try and at least get Southern France into their hands during the coming war with the Syndicalists, but it could be very hard, especially since the Commune of France usually collapses very quickly and dramatically when Germany starts to go on the offensive against them.

@everyone else: RE: ACW intervention: I figure that Canada will not intervene directly unless the US Federal Government is defeated by the AUS and Syndies. If the US government can hold out, then Canada will not launch direct military intervention.

Thanks for the comments!

The 1936 Olympics are held in the city of Helsinki, Finland. Canadian athletes take part in many different events and win some Gold and Silver medals. The entire country celebrates these great athletic achievements, which give Canada some great international prestiege.
1936olympics.png

olympicsover.png

Recent Canadian industrialization brought about by Bill C-7 allows Canada to support one more tech slot, which is currently being used to research transport airplanes.
newtechslot.png

Speaking of airplanes, Canada helps found a new government subsidized airline company, the Royal Atlantic Aeronautics Corporation. This airline will be used to generate greater trade and travel between Canada and the Caribbean Federation, something that should help improve the Canadian Aircraft industry.
royalatlanticaeronautic.png

In international news, the German dominated South Chinese AOG corporation orders its security forces to seize control of the Legation Cities. Nobody in Canada really cares though, since Chinese issues are seen as Japan's or Germany's problems.
germansseizecoastalciti.png

The 1936 Stanley Cup Final is played between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Detroit Red Wings. The Maple Leafs are able to win the Stanley Cup, bringing great celebrations amongst many fans all over the country. (its probably going to be the last time the Leafs win a Stanley Cup BTW... :p )
mapleleafswin.png

leafslogofrom19331967.png

In more serious business, the Canadian government, at great expense, establishes some more defense research companies, under the partial ownership of the Federal Government.
newtechteams.png

Now, a far more important matter comes up for discussion within the Canadian government. Social tensions and political instability in the United States are becoming more and more worrying for the Canadian government, which is very worried about the potential consequences for Canada of a possible Syndicalist or extremist victory in the election. King Edward VIII decides to write a private letter to the American President, Herbert Hoover, expressing the Canadian government's concerns over what is happening in the United States, stating that Canada will do "whatever is necessary" to ensure Canadian security.
supportinghoover.png

Meanwhile, new Army divisions are finished training and come into full service. These soldiers will be deployed to Northwestern Ontario to take up a border security role. Also note that Japan is suffering from social disturbances.
newdivisions.png

September, 1936. In the United States, political instability results in a dramatic escalation of the situation. President Hoover, shaken by social unrest and the very dangerous situation, decides to take drastic measures to stabilize the country. to the great shock of many people, Hoover and the government cancel the upcoming 1936 US presidential elections, and then hands over power to the United States Army, under the command of General Douglas MacArthur. MacArthur is a die hard anti-syndicalist, who is prepared to take whatever measures necessary to stamp out social unrest, even if it means trampling over the US constitution and American civil liberties to do it. Overnight, America is turned from one of the world's few remaining democracies, into a harsh military led dictatorship.
macarthurtakesover.png

macarthurxe.jpg

Canada now responds to this new situation. Although the government would have preferred to see a democratic or republican party victory in the 1936 presidential elections, the Canadian government decides that MacArthur is somebody they can do business with. The government gambles that MacArthur, who has some pro-Canadian sympathies, will be an effective leader at stamping out political and social instability throughout the United States, something that will greatly ease the minds of many Canadian leaders...
supportingmacarthur.png

Siding with MacArthur eh? Well, let's ensure his victory.

When MacArthur dives into the ACW how far will Canadian support go, I wonder... Just some supplies or we'll see the Canadian boys taking the South & Syndies

''We shall restore democracy'' option would mean war with USA?

@oberstbrooksy: As Sakura said, its a Legation City.

@GulMacet: Because the KR team put General Melchett in as an easter egg I guess. :D

@Mr. Santiago: It depends on what will happen in the ACW. If things go VERY bad for MacArthur, then Canada will most likely launch full intervention, something that I actually hope I will not have to do.

@Asalto: Yes, if I chose that option, Canada would invade the USA. Not sure how well that would go....

@everyone else: thanks for the comments!

In the United States, the newly governing MacArthur Regime begins to put in place the legal framework it needs for a crackdown on dissension throughout the country. The Emergency Security Act bans various rights on demonstration and free speech, as well as removes many constitutional protections regarding legal due process, privacy, and other basic civil rights and liberties. The principles of freedom and democracy, the core of the American national identity, are now being gradually swept away by MacArthur in the name of national security.
americanscrackdown.png

Meanwhile, in Russia, a new crisis suddenly emerges, seemingly out of nowhere. Due to massive discontent and unrest amongst the Russian people due to the authoritarian rule of Pyotr Wrangel and his supporters, leftist, syndicalist, and neo-bolshevik elements begin an uprising centered in Northwestern Russia, aimed at overthrowing the Wrangelist regime. Wrangel responds by ordering his troops to crush the new Soviet uprising, starting the 2nd Russian Civil War.
2ndrussiancivilwar.png

Back in the United States, MacArthur begins his crackdown. Thousands of US troops and FBI Agents begin methodically searching and apprehending suspected members and sympathizers of the Combined Syndicates and American Union parties. Large numbers of people are being arrested, something that also begins to result in a backlash by sympathizers of both political parties, who launch strikes, demonstrations, and other much more violent actions such as all out armed resistance against Federal forces.
uscrackdown.png

6296275044b0734ba6ec.jpg

In Canada, the government looks to get rid of some obsolete warships which are deemed unfit for further service. After discussing various options and looking towards interest from Canada's allies, the government makes the decision to sell the old ships to Delhi, which should hopefully be able to get some good use out of them.
oldboats.png

delhibuysships.png

As the 2nd Russian Civil War gets into full swing, the Canadian government decides to send Wrangel military assistance in his battle against the Soviets. Canadian military volunteers are given free passage to Russia, along with large quantities of supplies, weapons, and other military assistance. The Russian government quickly thanks Canada for this assistance, stating that it will be of good use.
aidtorussia.png

canadiansinsiberia3741.jpg

The war will not be easy for Russia however. Siberian political figures declare their secession from the rest of Russia shortly after the civil war begins, claiming a desire to stay out of the fight and to work on building local economic and political stability. Wrangel is furious at this action, but with all of his forces tied up further west, there is nothing he can do to stop this.
siberianrebellion.png

Then things get even tougher for Wrangel's regime. Finland, under the control of the ultra conservative Lapua movement, decides that now is the time to seize control of the entire Karelian region from Russian control. Wrangel orders local forces to resist the Finnish troops when they start to cross the border, resulting in a state of war between Russia and Finland.
finlandinvadeskarelia.png

Back in the United States, MacArthur's crackdown on dissension is backfiring. Supporters of Huey Long and Jack Reed have begun engaging in open combat with US Federal troops and police in many cities and regions all over the country. MacArthur declares martial law all over the United States in response, hoping this can help ease the situation. However, it does not help, only serving to fan the anger of many Americans who are now entirely fed up with the undemocratic rule of the unelected American general.
usmartiallaw.png

Then it begins. All over the Northeast and Southern United States, rebel militias under the command of the CS and AU parties rise up in a coordinated open rebellion against the US government. The newly independent American Union State and Syndicalist Combined Syndicates of America declare open war against MacArthur's government, as well as against each other. The 2nd American Civil War has begun.
americancivilwar.png

barricadescivilwar.jpg

With America in chaos, top Canadian political and military leaders hold an emergency meeting in Ottawa, to discuss Canada's options. Afraid of allowing a strong Syndicalist presence all along the eastern Canadian border, Canadian soldiers are ordered to march into New England, in order to ensure Canadian security. Canadian soldiers cross the border, meeting no resistance by the local population or security forces. Canadian flags are soon seen flying high over cities and towns all over the region, which now breathes something of a sigh of relief knowing that they have been spared not only the authoritarian rule of MacArthur but of the devastation of civil war. Meanwhile the Canadian government breathes something of a sigh of relief knowing that they have secured New England from the Syndicalists, but the country is far from being out of the woods yet, as the government and the king watch anxiously to see how the 2nd American Civil War runs its course...
defensescheme1.png

gbguyac.jpg

I say you should intervene if the Syndies get too powerful. You may also want to ally with the PSA depending on their path.