• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lucifer

General
62 Badges
Apr 27, 2005
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2

Edit: The layout has been fixed.

Note: The pictures are for a 20" screen. I just realized that they seem to be reduced for a 15" screen on Paradox forum. Zooming in (ctrl+wheel) should do the trick.

Last edited:
This is great, but the screenies are really hard to read. Too bright, and that grey font...

This is great, but the screenies are really hard to read. Too bright, and that grey font...
I agree. It was not like this before I saved the files. I will try to fix the first pictures later.

Subscribed :)

Few tips:

Some time after the end of CZE chain, you will be able to renounce the AGNA and build any type of ship you like. To make sure some of them are built on time for the war break out, a Plan Z decision will set some ships in the build-queue with short build time (only for the first serie). Not sure Plan Z is in your version though.

I also recommend making the Build the Siegfried Line decision asap and build a few forts there to prevent the French from attacking. Below 6-level fort, this adds a x0.7 modifier to your forces odds and above 6-level, it adds a x0.5 iirc. This means that where they needed a 3.5:1 ratio to start an attack, they will need a 3.5/0.7 = 5:1 ratio. Thus they are very unlikely to attack.

Last edited:
Subscribed :)

Few tips:

Some time after the end of CZE chain, you will be able to renounce the AGNA and build any type of ship you like. To make sure some of them are built on time for the war break out, a Plan Z decision will set some ships in the build-queue with short build time (only for the first serie). Not sure Plan Z is in your version though.

I also recommend making the Build the Siegfried Line decision asap and build a few forts there to prevent the French from attacking. Below 6-level fort, this adds a x0.7 modifier to your forces odds and above 6-level, it adds a x0.5 iirc. This means that where they needed a 3.5:1 ratio to start an attack, they will need a 3.5/0.7 = 5:1 ratio. Thus they are very unlikely to attack.

very much looking forward to the release

will there be a manual or something that explains all the new quirks? e.g. as you have done above with force ratios?

thanks

Nope but there is a detailed changelog both for 1.03 and wif2. And i take questions. :)

most things i expect are covered by tool tips and/or event text which we will pick up after a while after playing a few times

not sure this applies to force ratios on the various borders - as these seem to be VERY important - does the changelog cover this, if not can you give us a bit more detailed info. actually, thinking about it some more maybe there is (or should be) some sort of on map info about force rations so we don't have to work it out manually??

also, is there anythinbg else we should look out for not covered in any notes

cheers

doc

Worse than Chinese drop torture.

Like your AAR! Don't take it wrong but no one in Germany would write or speak "Aarchtung Panzer!". If you want to express a "militaristic style" you should instead write
"Aaachtung Panzer" as the "Achtung"-order has still a long drawn-out pronuciation in the German military.

Like your AAR! Don't take it wrong but no one in Germany would write or speak "Aarchtung Panzer!". If you want to express a "militaristic style" you should instead write
"Aaachtung Panzer" as the "Achtung"-order has still a long drawn-out pronuciation in the German military.

it's more like a joke I guess : AARchtung

Pretty good! By Jodl: "if we did not collapse already in the year 1939 that was due only to the fact that during the Polish campaign, the approximately 110 French and British divisions in the West were held completely inactive against the 23 German divisions." The ratio was 5:1 but I'm not sure that the French stopped their attack because of the Westwall. I don't know whether the ratio could be better handled by doctrines.