• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prime624

Lt. General
44 Badges
Jun 10, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
I, the king of Scotland, got alliances with England, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and France during the same rule (10 years actually). The alliance with Feance was a marriage between my son and heir with the Queen of France (she was 10). I'm gonna inherit France!!! How lucky?!?

Now you have to spend the next 50 years or so defending her holdings and keeping her kingdom together, so when you finally inherit it, you don't get just 1 county. Believe me the Dukes will revolt and there will be many years of hair pulling whilst you ask your wife "Are you stupid?", "WTF why are your troops standing around doing nothing?", "you know when you go to war you raise your levies right?".

But it is rather satisfying once you have taken the kingdom away from them French.

*snickers softly*

I hope it wasn't a matriarchal marriage. xD

It wasn't.

Now you have to spend the next 50 years or so defending her holdings and keeping her kingdom together, so when you finally inherit it, you don't get just 1 county. Believe me the Dukes will revolt and there will be many years of hair pulling whilst you ask your wife "Are you stupid?", "WTF why are your troops standing around doing nothing?", "you know when you go to war you raise your levies right?".

But it is rather satisfying once you have taken the kingdom away from them French.

I've already started to help defend her realm, and she just turned 16!!! It will be easier when I can raise more than triple the levies with hers and mine united under my son's crown.

Or you could just press the assasinate button

Oh so here I was think he was playing the husband King of Scotland, Son and heirs wife is Queen of France was just about to hit child bearing age. Need to wait for them to first produce at least 1 heir and then to wait for your current character to die then your son to die and for your currently none existant grandson to inherit the crown from both you and your soon to be wife.

Assasinations are fine if you want to inherit but as pointed out she was not of age and with no heirs for you to inherit. So I fail to see how assasinations in this situation could work even in a short term position. There would be no way out of defending her realms from at least 1 revolt and maybe even an invasion, before you could organise an assasination chain to inherit the crown.

It's safer to wait with assassinations until your guy and the queen have at least two sons, or one son and one grandson. Otherwise, it will hang on the survivability of just one guy (your son) who is bound to have a ton of enemies and is under AI control himself until he inherits your guy... not just as a "safety buffer", but also to push her French side of the family out of the immediate line of succession, and thereby make them less trigger-happy with assassinations.

If you assassinate her after the first son, you may find your hopes squashed cruelly by watching helplessly as her son gets ganged on by all the dukes of France, their armies, and their assassins. The other guys in the line of succession, i.e. your French in-laws with duke titles, can be VICIOUS.

Well the alliance bit doesn't necessarily mean much. As England, I was allied with Norway, Denmark, France, Scotland and Aragon...but that didn't mean any of them lifted a finger to help me out - and in fact France later attacked me. ;)

Well the alliance bit doesn't necessarily mean much. As England, I was allied with Norway, Denmark, France, Scotland and Aragon...but that didn't mean any of them lifted a finger to help me out - and in fact France later attacked me. ;)

That sucks. In my game, they are all as eager to help me as I am to help them (very eager, because I like war).

Heh, then how u will call this luck?
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560950252441300215/5C5C64936E16BE380F0C4CF2661A07CCC94CC693/

Founder - King of Lotharingia
First son - King of Hungary
First daughter - Queen consort of France, later regent of France and mother of France king
Second daughter - Queen consort of England, later regent of England and mother of England king
Second son - King of Lotharingia
Fourth daughter - Queen consort of Poland, later regent blah blah
3 latest sons - Kings of Denmark

Three from end son married to my 1 son daugher (my granddaughter) (inbreeding - start!), who was queen of Hungary. He was genius, but as any genius, he was murdered.

My second king of Lotharingia was murdered destroying everything, then Arpad back to the Hungary throne, I lost alliances with Poland/France/Englad when I was forced to play as queen visible on screen. Ofc. my branch family in Denmark also is close to end. Happy ending. :D

Last edited:
To ^ awesome!!!

Now I finally died and my current son will be King of France and Scotland-Ireland. His son will be that and King of Rus. I'm practically being handed Kingdom titles.

The only bad part, is that whenever I'm about I inherit something, the ruler seems to become incompetent at keeping themselves together. They did great before I married them, but now they are weak. :( I am in 3 wars, all defending. If I lose, either of the first two, I won't get the Kingdom of Rus anymore. If I lose the third, France is cut in half, and one half goes to Muslims. Muslims are way too powerful!!!