+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am so lucky!!!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I am so lucky!!!

I, the king of Scotland, got alliances with England, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and France during the same rule (10 years actually). The alliance with Feance was a marriage between my son and heir with the Queen of France (she was 10). I'm gonna inherit France!!! How lucky?!?

*snickers softly*

I hope it wasn't a matriarchal marriage. xD

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpire
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Now you have to spend the next 50 years or so defending her holdings and keeping her kingdom together, so when you finally inherit it, you don't get just 1 county. Believe me the Dukes will revolt and there will be many years of hair pulling whilst you ask your wife "Are you stupid?", "WTF why are your troops standing around doing nothing?", "you know when you go to war you raise your levies right?".

But it is rather satisfying once you have taken the kingdom away from them French.

Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Revshawn View Post
    *snickers softly*

I hope it wasn't a matriarchal marriage. xD
    It wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracko81 View Post
    Now you have to spend the next 50 years or so defending her holdings and keeping her kingdom together, so when you finally inherit it, you don't get just 1 county. Believe me the Dukes will revolt and there will be many years of hair pulling whilst you ask your wife "Are you stupid?", "WTF why are your troops standing around doing nothing?", "you know when you go to war you raise your levies right?".

But it is rather satisfying once you have taken the kingdom away from them French.
    I've already started to help defend her realm, and she just turned 16!!! It will be easier when I can raise more than triple the levies with hers and mine united under my son's crown.

It feels so exciting, because IMO, the Kingdom of Scotland is, at the beginning of the game, a joke.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracko81 View Post

Or you could just press the assasinate button

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSemper FiSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by marat271 View Post
    Or you could just press the assasinate button
    The nice and kind way I used in my Kingdom of Poland game to inherit the Kingdom of Croatia, the Duchies of Estonia, Lombardy and Verona and the Kingdom of Hungary.
    Ahhhh the good old assassinate button. I'm lovin' it.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkImpaler View Post
    Ahhhh the good old assassinate button. I'm lovin' it.
    Is that Mc Donalds slogan? Killing the opposition....

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpire
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Oh so here I was think he was playing the husband King of Scotland, Son and heirs wife is Queen of France was just about to hit child bearing age. Need to wait for them to first produce at least 1 heir and then to wait for your current character to die then your son to die and for your currently none existant grandson to inherit the crown from both you and your soon to be wife.

Assasinations are fine if you want to inherit but as pointed out she was not of age and with no heirs for you to inherit. So I fail to see how assasinations in this situation could work even in a short term position. There would be no way out of defending her realms from at least 1 revolt and maybe even an invasion, before you could organise an assasination chain to inherit the crown.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

It's safer to wait with assassinations until your guy and the queen have at least two sons, or one son and one grandson. Otherwise, it will hang on the survivability of just one guy (your son) who is bound to have a ton of enemies and is under AI control himself until he inherits your guy... not just as a "safety buffer", but also to push her French side of the family out of the immediate line of succession, and thereby make them less trigger-happy with assassinations.

If you assassinate her after the first son, you may find your hopes squashed cruelly by watching helplessly as her son gets ganged on by all the dukes of France, their armies, and their assassins. The other guys in the line of succession, i.e. your French in-laws with duke titles, can be VICIOUS.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMagicka
    March of the EaglesRome GoldVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well the alliance bit doesn't necessarily mean much. As England, I was allied with Norway, Denmark, France, Scotland and Aragon...but that didn't mean any of them lifted a finger to help me out - and in fact France later attacked me.
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game
    Go to the FtG forum!
    FtG Website

AGCEEP 1.59b4 is now available for FTG
    AGCEEP High Council Member
    AGCEEP Website

Quote Originally Posted by Garbon View Post
    Well the alliance bit doesn't necessarily mean much. As England, I was allied with Norway, Denmark, France, Scotland and Aragon...but that didn't mean any of them lifted a finger to help me out - and in fact France later attacked me.
    That sucks. In my game, they are all as eager to help me as I am to help them (very eager, because I like war).

Heh, then how u will call this luck?
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...A07CCC94CC693/

Founder - King of Lotharingia
    First son - King of Hungary
    First daughter - Queen consort of France, later regent of France and mother of France king
    Second daughter - Queen consort of England, later regent of England and mother of England king
    Second son - King of Lotharingia
    Fourth daughter - Queen consort of Poland, later regent blah blah
    3 latest sons - Kings of Denmark

Three from end son married to my 1 son daugher (my granddaughter) (inbreeding - start!), who was queen of Hungary. He was genius, but as any genius, he was murdered.

My second king of Lotharingia was murdered destroying everything, then Arpad back to the Hungary throne, I lost alliances with Poland/France/Englad when I was forced to play as queen visible on screen. Ofc. my branch family in Denmark also is close to end. Happy ending.
    Last edited by Rozmarzony; 21-08-2012 at 02:09.

To ^ awesome!!!

Now I finally died and my current son will be King of France and Scotland-Ireland. His son will be that and King of Rus. I'm practically being handed Kingdom titles.

The only bad part, is that whenever I'm about I inherit something, the ruler seems to become incompetent at keeping themselves together. They did great before I married them, but now they are weak. I am in 3 wars, all defending. If I lose, either of the first two, I won't get the Kingdom of Rus anymore. If I lose the third, France is cut in half, and one half goes to Muslims. Muslims are way too powerful!!!

+ Reply to Thread