• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

perpetualmuse

Major
37 Badges
Jul 31, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Iron Cross
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
I'm not sure how many of you play on "Very Hard" difficulty, but I like to to add a bit more of a challenge to the game. First of all, I know the differences between the difficulty levels as described in game (AI bonuses to taxes, morale, levy reinforcements), but has anyone noticed any other significant differences? Someone in another thread suggested that increasing the difficulty alters the AI behaviour. I can see that perhaps if the AI has higher taxes then they have more money and therefore might hire more mercenaries and try more assassinations. I haven't really noticed a substantial change to this myself, but am interested in other peoples' thoughts. Does anyone even bother playing on the higher difficulties? I find that even on "Very Hard" you still end up taking over the world, but it just takes longer. At least it stops me quitting my games as early as the challenge last longer.

I'm not sure how many of you play on "Very Hard" difficulty, but I like to to add a bit more of a challenge to the game. First of all, I know the differences between the difficulty levels as described in game (AI bonuses to taxes, morale, levy reinforcements), but has anyone noticed any other significant differences? Someone in another thread suggested that increasing the difficulty alters the AI behaviour. I can see that perhaps if the AI has higher taxes then they have more money and therefore might hire more mercenaries and try more assassinations. I haven't really noticed a substantial change to this myself, but am interested in other peoples' thoughts. Does anyone even bother playing on the higher difficulties? I find that even on "Very Hard" you still end up taking over the world, but it just takes longer. At least it stops me quitting my games as early as the challenge last longer.
I found it almost irrelevant. Mostly it comes to money and morale disadvantages, neither of which has much effect on the overall game.