• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(271387)

Field Marshal
19 Badges
Feb 20, 2011
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sengoku
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
I am playing as England and i defeated french in their first reconquest.In the middle of war they got in a pu with a random OPM in ireland and i got back all provinces i had core in normandy and one in gascony.Now france is destroyed and torn by rebels.My question is what my national idea should be.I don't want to colonise because i am roleplaying as an England that has more continental interests than one in a new world(and that would have happened IMO in real life,england colonised so much and looked so outwards because it lost the HYW).I am thinking of choosing either military drill or national bank

Military Drill if you plan on continuing using your army...
National Bank in order to mint easily
Grand Navy or Press Gangs to keep a navy able to defend Englad by itself (hence having all your land troops on continent)

I'd say National Bank so you have tons of money for when the manufactories became available.

Ok i chose military drill but i have another question
When do i get the mission to occupy france?I want to get it so i get cores on all of france.France is currently 5 provinces in paris region and with 3 vassals.

THe obvious answer to NI question is, ChurchAttendanceDuty. Grab glider iconography cultural decision.

If you already defeated France, the Drill is useless, you just numerically overwhelm you opponent. You can even win against France that has drill as england without drill, in case you wait for after tech level 4, to recover Normandy.

You get papal influence, cultural traditions for advisers, really low stability cost. Pretty awesome.

Ok i chose military drill but i have another question
When do i get the mission to occupy france?I want to get it so i get cores on all of france.France is currently 5 provinces in paris region and with 3 vassals.
You have to cancel or complete another mission under the following conditions:
  • You are specifically England (if you form Great Britan you are out of luck).
  • You are at war with France.
  • Ile-de-France is the capital of France.
  • You do not currently occupy Ile-de-France.
  • The year is before 1475.
Note that completing the mission does not give you cores on all of France, only on the Gallia region. To get cores on all of France, you will need to Culture Shift to Cosmopolitaine and enact the Form French Nation decision.

Could you then culture shift back to an English based culture and form Great Britain later?
No. France is a Culture Union state, so cannot culture shift. (Well, technically it can, but you have to do mindblowingly stupid things to achieve it.)

I did it,i defeated France!Now only to annex Brittany and Scotland(my vassals).Next NI will be church attendance because that -33% stability cost looks smexy.

Note that completing the mission does not give you cores on all of France, only on the Gallia region. To get cores on all of France, you will need to Culture Shift to Cosmopolitaine and enact the Form French Nation decision.

Or, just conquer the whole damn thing and form the Anglo-French Union. Don't get why you can't form it if you're Great Britain, though (and why a lot of states loose the ability to form other states when their "true selves" emerge, i.e. the Netherlands can't form Lotharingia).

Or, just conquer the whole damn thing and form the Anglo-French Union.
Which does not exist in the vanilla game.

Don't get why you can't form it if you're Great Britain, though (and why a lot of states loose the ability to form other states when their "true selves" emerge, i.e. the Netherlands can't form Lotharingia).
Lotharingia doesn't exist in the vanilla game either. (And the Netherlands can culture shift and form Germany, because they aren't a culture union.)

Oops, I thought I was still in the MEIOU subforum, sorry guys...
I once almost say about how people are so determenistic about ck2 in an ot thread so you are forgiven :p