• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(497927)

Private
1 Badges
May 29, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
So, I'm the Duke of Poitou. I had one daughter who is my heir. She had a son. Shouldn't he be the heir now? She's still listed as the heir. She was named the heir before she had the kid or even got married. Does that matter? She is matrileneally married. The grandson has a orange bordered blood drop.

Thanks.

No it is correct. Because primo is depth first, and since you have agnatic-cognatic females are also included in the succession provided you have no sons. So therefore on the first depth level beneath you there is only your daughter. If you want have your grandson I think you need to switch to agnatic-primo, so then I think it will skip your immediate offspring's level and goes onto to the next

It is working as designed, no worries. She will become the Duchess, then her son (Your grandson) will become the Duke. If you had agnatic.. Then maybe it would skip directly to your grandson, but it might also ignore that line completely. Not entirely sure there.