+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Anatolian AAR: An AAR for Georgia

An Anatolian AAR: An AAR for Georgia

Hello, this is an AAR for Georgia. Now you may be wondering what usually becomes of Georgia. Well, usually they are ripped apart of the Golden Horde and their allies! Well not today my friends, in this AAR we attempt to succeed as Georgia! Georgia is REALLY unlucky, they are bordering THREE hordes, and the AI is typically too stupid to peace out immediately, however, a human is more than capable of handling Georgia, and here is where we will begin!

Red face

From Humble Beginnings...

Here I am, Georgia. Five provinces, but doomed to be sandwiched between three hordes. The mongols spared us, but not for long. Our enemies are great, I can only hope that they will show me mercy if I offer them a tribute, but that is for later. One look at my ruler, and I see that his skills are nonexistent. He is a 3/4/3.
    His son is not much better.

Even so, I have high hopes for my little nation of Georgia, let me check up on my decisions, and sliders.

Currently, I have a need to move my sliders safely, as an instability could be very bad for Georgia at the start, but I am going to move towards free subjects, as serfdom is a very bad thing to have too much of. Moving, my slider, I have indeed lost one stability, but ah well, not much can be done about that.

Georgian decisions are a close relative of byzantine ones. I can adopt imperial adminstration, westernise, and institute liberum veto. As I already have 5/6 provinces, Liberum Veto is the only one that is going to impact me in the near future.

...To A Very Precarious Perch

The next thing I have to do is peace out with the hordes, easy peasy!

...Or not! This looks bad, I am going to be squashed by all three hordes as none of them will take peace! Oh what have I done! Noting my troubles, there is an OPM trebizond which borders me, maybe if I take it, I can institute liberum veto and beat back the hordes!

Ugh...Scratch that as well, the Timurids are there now and that boat has sailed WAY away. On the bright side, however, Muscowy offered us an alliance!

Genoa also appears to have offered us an alliance, unfortunately that will not salvage our situation.

Shoot! We've engaged! And our standing army is outnumbered ten to 1...
    No! We will make our stand HERE AND NOW!!! THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or...just Georgia

I sure hope things are going better elsewhere in the world

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Moved this to the EU3 AARs forum, since you posted it in the global one.

Good luck with Georgia.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Comte de Purchase Merrick Chance''s Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Looks like it's time to take only army ideas. Crush those hordes!
    Enough! You talk of the people's rights. The people only have those rights that I choose to give them, and that is for their own good, believe me--Dr.Doom

"Don't get me wrong, I am a strong fan of historical AARs and I believe that yours is the best I have ever read" --Ar7
    "This is /amazing/"--Scrollreader
    The Lords of Prussia: from feudalism to modernity: a Magna Mundi historybook AAR

"I was a fan of Lords of Prussia and your French sequel is just as good if not even better." --Jape
    Lords of France: Roads to the Enlightenment: A Magna Mundi historybook AAR

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Good luck! I played a Georgia game through 1600, and managed to take over a huge chunk of GH, Qara Koyunlu, and even conquered the entirety of the Balkans, but by then, inflation was at 20% and I was lagging horribly behind in tech everywhere. I should pick that back up, though...I was starting to make a foothold in trade after reaching max free trade...

Ouch, hope you can bounce back from that battle. Did you at least get the chance to scorch the earth?
    Read A New Era for an Old Town: An Oldenburg DW 5.1 Narrative AAR
    Character Writer of the Week 7/15/12
    Winner of the Weekly AAR Showcase, 8/5/12

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

good luck wqith this one!
    I usually found that timurids would accept peace immediately , but not the other two hordes!
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Good luck! Georgia is horribly difficult in vanilla because of the hordes.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Second Lieutenant Some Georgian's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIImpireMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

Finally a Georgia AAR! You better last 20 more updates...

+ Reply to Thread