+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to add a new graphics culture?

Khan of the Dakota Horde n00bypl4y3r's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How to add a new graphics culture?

I am trying to play as Ukraine but the standard European skin just takes the fun out of being a (secondary) power. Even just changing the colors doesn't make it any better, and I don't want to use the French, American, British (etc.) graphic cultures, because at some point I will come into contact with them.

Does anyone know how to make new graphics culture?
    I guess I won WritAAR of the week one week, so yeah. Yay.

התקווה שלנו עוד לא אבדה

Khazaria Flavor mod!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...hazaria-Flavor

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

well I dont know how to make it but I know where the files are and need to go

Here are all the animations for the different countries(Austria,Generic,Britain ETC)
    Victoria 2\gfx\anims
    So for every file with Generic in front of it you need to make a duplicate file for your culture IE Ukraine

Once you have done that I am pretty sure all you have to do is go to the country file Ie Ukraine (Victoria 2\common\countries) and change the line near the top where it says Generic (or whatever) and change "graphical_culture = Generic" to "graphical_culture = Ukraine" This is assuming you name all your edited files in the Anims folder Ukraine instead of Generic

Anyways this is mostly just guesswork there so I may be wrong or missing something

Also I am pretty sure you cant edit them anyway as there is no program I know of to edit EAX files except for Paradox's program which is not available to the public
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club

I did try to make the new files and such with "Ukraine" but that didn't work.

The only thing I would need/want to do is edit the skins. So basically I took the French files, used Paint.net and edited them to my liking, and saved them. It works if I JUST edit the original French animations, but any new graphics cultures don't work.

התקווה שלנו עוד לא אבדה

Khazaria Flavor mod!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Victoria 2\interface\Avatars.gfx

Open with notepad. It looks like you will have to add your own graphics for it here as well. So once more for each Generic Entry you have to make one entry for your graphics set.

I am still searching through the Victoria 2 Files and will let you know if I find anything else

Victoria 2/Common/graphicalculturetype.txt
    You will have to add your name for your graphics here. IE Ukraine

that is all I can find however
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Alright, thanks! I'll get to seeing if this works.

התקווה שלנו עוד לא אבדה

Khazaria Flavor mod!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossSemper FiVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think what you want to do is this:

Go to Victoria II/common/graphicalculturetype.txt and add UkrainianGC at the bottom then save.
    Go to Victoria II/common/countries/Ukraine.txt and change graphical_culture = Generic to graphical_culture = UkrainianGC and save.

Copy this text:

Code:
    	EMFXActorType = {
    		name = "UkrainianGCInfantry"
    		actorfile = "gfx\anims\french_infantry.xac"

idle   = "gfx\anims\infantry_idle_3.xsm"
    		move   = "gfx\anims\infantry_moving.xsm"
    		attack = "gfx\anims\infantry_attack.xsm"
    		scale = 1.5

attach = {
    			name = "InfantryShadowblob"
    			node = "Root"
    			attachId = 2
    		}		

}

EMFXActorType = {
    		name = "UkrainianGCHelmet1"
    		actorfile = "gfx\anims\French_Helmet1.xac"
    		scale = 1.00
    	}
    Go to Victoria II/interface/avatars.gfx. At the top it should say objectTypes = {. Click after the {, hit enter on your keyboard twice and hit tab on your keyboard once and paste. Now, notice that the actorfiles are the French .xac files that are located in Victoria II/gfx/anims. The reason I have done that is because you've mentioned that you've edited the French files to suit your liking. If you've made copies of the French files in gfx/anims and renamed them so that France in-game doesn't have Ukrainian skins, rename the actorfiles in the code above to what you have renamed them such as actorfile = "gfx\anims\french_infantry - Copy.xac" or "gfx\anims\ukrainian_infantry.xac" Don't forget to save.

I hope that works for you. If it doesn't, then I reckon you've done something wrong when you made your own skin.
    "War is the supreme test of man in which he rises to heights never approached in any other activity." - General George S. Patton

Thank you! I will see if this works, it will be useful in my new AAR!

התקווה שלנו עוד לא אבדה

Khazaria Flavor mod!

+ Reply to Thread