• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PyroAce2

First Lieutenant
77 Badges
Oct 2, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • East India Company Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
MYTHS AND MAGIC
This mod is currently in ALPHA status. Many features are in their initial implementation and may not work as intended. Please check the list of known bugs and current plans before posting bug reports or suggestions!

Download Information
Current Version: 0.0.4 for CK2 1.08
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8j1dcu0g9vqdw0v

What is this mod?
Myths and Magic is intended to bring a fantasy element to standard CK2 gameplay. The mod does not reshape the map of Europe or attempt to add new events to simulate normal medieval life. It also makes absolutely no effort to introduce balance to the game. Instead, this mod adds all kinds of fantastical creatures and magic to the game.

Current Features
Magic
-- characters can gain traits signifying their potential and ability to manipulate magic.
-- Paths of Magic - all magi follow either white, grey, or black magic paths. White mages can produce better healing effects and are better at defense in battle. Black mages have an easier time harming enemies and are better at offense in battle. Grey mages get a little of both.

-- Sorcerers - some magi are sorcerers. They have magical bloodlines that give them a potential for magic and will never obtain better skill than their bloodline allows. Numerous bloodlines exist, all of which tend to produce certain traits in characters and encourage them toward certain paths of magic. Over time, these bloodlines will fade if the family scions do not mate with other sorcerers.

-- Magisters - other magi are magisters. They have no natural talent for magic, but have instead learned it through hard study. They can only improve their skill by going on magic quests to uncover new sources of study and then spending time researching those materials. Truly great magisters are rare. Magisters will sometimes train new generations of magisters, if they are so inclined. And there are varieties:
--- Generalist - a standard 'wizard'
--- Illusionist - currently no difference from generalist, except icons
--- Necromancer - more solitary than wizards and don't bother training apprentices or playing nice with eachother. Tend to become rivals with other necromancers. Favor black magic.

-- Court Wizards - a new honorary title has been added, the Court Wizard, which can be granted to any magi in the court. The Court Wizard will from time to time offer his liege his magical services, though the exact nature of the offering will depend on the character's traits and magical path. Potential offers include blessings for the realm's crops (tax bonus), offering to perform tricks at court (prestige bonus), offering to produce golems for the army (troops bonus), or offering to heal characters of curses and afflictions.

-- Interactions - magi will from time to time attempt to curse rivals, heal friends, or deal with persecution from anti-mage factions in court.
--- Dueling - the Duel Engine by Galle has been modified to allow mages to use magic in duels instead of their sword skill. In battlefield duels, both combatants will simply choose whichever skill is better and use it, with events flavored to match. [Currently removed pending modifications]

-- Familiars - magi will often decide to obtain a companion for their magical pursuits. Familiars come in many varieties and offer different bonuses.

-- Battles - magi can curse enemies in battle and get into duels.

Monsters
- Vampires
-- Code the Glorious Knights and Terrors of the Night mod by Mr. Capiatist has been incorporated.
--- Four varieties of vampire can appear by random event and plague your province or possibly infect a local noble. All are immortal, of course!
--- Vampires improve over time and can take heirs from the local population.
--- Vampires may occasionally overcome all odds and sire children, which will have unique abilities of their own.
--- Vampires won't get along with mortals. Vampire lords will force their vassals to convert to the vampire cult Morthal or spark rebellions. Vampire courtiers will be hated by their lords.

Screenshots
zqdz4.jpg
kCiZm.jpg
adjAc.jpg
iPXAF.jpg
UGDMJ.jpg

Planned Features
- Magic
-- Dueling - Will add code for strictly spell or sword duels, when its a matter of honor. Will improve the localization so its clear whether a character is using magic or not, simply for flavor.
-- Magister Variety - new types of magisters are planned, including necromancers, illusionists, and druids. Eventually, this may also include Christian priests and Muslim clerics learning to use holy relics to perform miracles - essentially magic by another name.
-- Plots - new events will be written to integrate into various plots. For example, new methods of murder during murder plots that involve magic. Other plots will be created, like trying to steal magical knowledge from a better magister or seeking immortality through magic.
-- Retinues. New retinues available to characters with magical traits, like undead armies, golems, or summoned creatures.

- Monsters
-- Many monstrous events are planned. Typically, they will involve some legendary creature making its presence known in a province and requiring the liege to attend to it. This can be done personally or by sending an appropriate counselor, depending on the situation (marshals might be sent to fight dragons, but a chancellor or spymaster may be better suited to deal with a tricky faerie). Outcomes can be good or bad, and some may involve the creation of a new sorcerous bloodline.
-- Werewolves. New traits and events to reflect werewolves attacking in a province, the possibility of becoming infected with lycanthropy, and the struggle to either conceal it or embrace it and face the consequences.
-- Monster Hunters. Random events to reflect monster hunters in a realm that may target monster characters. Also, the ability for factions of characters opposed to monsters to come together and plan to slay a monster in their realm.
-- Monster plots/ambitions. Vampires might have ambitions to infect another character in their realm, which may culminate in an attack against that character, who may be turned unless they can fight off the monster or have a friend or close family member willing to intervene. Werewolves and vampires might form clans to convert their liege to their monstrous affiliation or otherwise overthrow the realm in their favor.

- Demigods
-- One sorcerous bloodline planned involves demigods. In the event chain, each demigod will be marked as being the progeny of some specific mythical god. These characters will have the potential to jumpstart old pagan religions and restore an older practice of faith.

Known Bugs
- Trait Icons - many of the trait icons have bad alpha layers and need to be corrected. Most of the icons are just bad in general.
- Court Wizards - the AI rarely assigns this honorary title. Will likely need to find some way to make this happen more often to keep the AI from being disadvantaged.
- Death Causes are not working properly

Change Log
v.0.0.4
- Updated to support v1.08
- Added Faerie events, based on storyboards by ThothTheScribe
- Temporarily removed the duel events pending revisions for compatibility with the duel engine.
- Tinkered with monster events to add counters to track how many dragons, demons, etc. a character has slain in their lifetime.
- Made an effort to add in death causes to note if a character is slain by a monster. They currently do not work as intended.

v.0.0.2
- Incorporated Glorious Knights and Terrors of the Night mod by Mr. Capiatist.
- Vampire appearances tuned down, to make room for other monsters!
- Incorporated the Duel Engine by Galle.
- First pass at the dueling engine, code will determine whether a character is better with swords and weapons and determine outcomes appropriatley, but the in-game events do not show any description to let you know this is happening. But trust me - it is!
- Added some minor monster events that can trigger new sorcerous bloodlines.
- Reduced the chance for random sorcerers appearing at court.
- Improved the code for magisters to learn their craft and go on knowledge quests.
- Added illusionists and necromancers, in a primitive state, varying very little from standard magisters.
- Added a few events to allow magisters to train their wards and to share knowledge with struggling friends/children. The necromancer variation on 'sharing' is much more violent.
- Added lots of nicknames!

v0.0.1
Initial release

Incorporated Mods

Last edited:
This seems pretty interesting. Best luck to you and I look forward to play your mod!

Hey Pyro. Sounds like some cool ideas. On minor titles, do you have an opinion value assigned to the ones your implemented? The AI only hands out those that have one. If you want to only give them out by event, remove any opinion modifier. I learned that along the way. :)

I've added in a court magician council title to MoB. For the Celts, he is called bard, but I think others will get 'court astrologer' or something. Sounds like similar idea to what I had, great minds thinking alike and all. I also thought of having a hierarchy of minor titles if that makes sense, so an 'apprentice bard' would take instruction via an occasional event with the court bard (who was part astrologer/soothsayer, part herald, part all around expert on the weird and arcane). Hope that helps a bit.

What is this i don't even
Looks awesome!Must try it one day

I don't understand,how to get a mage trait?I plaid as count of orvieto a bit and didn't get anything nor did my son

I don't understand,how to get a mage trait?I plaid as count of orvieto a bit and didn't get anything nor did my son

In 0.0.1 the specifics for the event that trigger the path for Magisters are set to occur rarely, and only for mystics or scholars with Learning of 15. Those with high learning or one of my new scholarly (non-theocratic) educations are more likely to see it.

0.0.2 won't change much of that. But for the next version, I hope to include an ambition to make it trigger more quickly. 0.0.2 will also feature the first few events that allow sorcerous bloodlines to form.

In the end, I don't intend to make it a guaranteed thing for players to become mages in the default version of the game, because I think they could be a bit overpowered. However, I do intend on including a decision to turn on a debug mode (aka cheat mode) that will allow you to automatically trigger those events by decision (much like how GKtTN allows vampires to be created by decision). My beliefs on how the game 'should' be played will not prevent players who just want to play as a vampire mage from having their fun too!

Just in case you missed it, we've released the standalone version of the duel engine and you can get it here.

I did see that! Thanks though! I have already begun working with the duel engine to include mage duels. 0.0.2 will feature it and has a working calculation that determines if a character is better with magic or swords in a duel and determines outcomes appropriately. 0.0.3 will rework it more and have events with descriptions that actually indicate whether a character is using magic or sword. Baby steps!

I don't know how to get magic traits :(

Just yesterday, I started working on an Alchemy´s mod, and you come today with a Magic´s mod? Great XD

Following this! :D

Unite them!:D

If anybody has any ideas, especially regarding event chain ideas for mages, I would be happy to see them! Sources from legend, myth, and fairy tales of the period would be cool too. I'm clearly blending the medieval concepts of magic with more modern RPG-styled ones, but more authentic content would always be appreciated.

For the time being, hold off on posting various things related to other mythical monsters.

Make this compatible with Lux invicta :p