• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For me the majority of the fun gets sapped by how long it takes to assemble armies once you reach that repetition stage. The thing that kept me going after that point in the TW series is that its pretty easy to assemble and send out your large armies in that game. Where as in CKII I spend the most time paused selecting armies, group, embark, select, group, embark. Even with short cut keys added in it still takes forever. If they would add in a "group all" and "embark all" buttons when you group select I could finish a game.
People in the mod forum have managed to put keyboard shortcuts into the game, for raising/disbanding fleets and armies from specific provinces or holdings.

So you no longer need to do it like this
- click "raise all realm armies"
- click "raise all realm ships"
- click army #1, and have it embark
- click army #2, and have it embark
- and so on

Rather you can do it like this
- click province #1, press k, press l, click on army, press v
- click province #2, press k, press l, click on army, press v
- and so on

which works out at ~0.5 seconds per province and lets you do the whole process of raising and sending troops on their way a lot faster.

Get the shortcuts mod in this thread... Here is how to add an 'Embark' shortcut key (and others)

People in the mod forum have managed to put keyboard shortcuts into the game, for raising/disbanding fleets and armies from specific provinces or holdings.

So you no longer need to do it like this
- click "raise all realm armies"
- click "raise all realm ships"
- click army #1, and have it embark
- click army #2, and have it embark
- and so on

Rather you can do it like this
- click province #1, press k, press l, click on army, press v
- click province #2, press k, press l, click on army, press v
- and so on

which works out at ~0.5 seconds per province and lets you do the whole process of raising and sending troops on their way a lot faster.

Get the shortcuts mod in this thread... Here is how to add an 'Embark' shortcut key (and others)

This is what I have in mind.
- open military tab raise all ships (both personal and realm).
- group select all ships, in the screen that pops up there would be a button that groups all the stacks with more than one ship unit together.
- repeat for army
- with all the armies selected, click button in the pop up screen that loads all armies into ships. if there is a space issue then the army doesn't load.

as an added bonus if it could also rally the armies that aren't near boats to the nearest county with a port that would be fantastic.

This is what I have in mind.
- open military tab raise all ships (both personal and realm).
- group select all ships, in the screen that pops up there would be a button that groups all the stacks with more than one ship unit together.
- repeat for army
- with all the armies selected, click button in the pop up screen that loads all armies into ships. if there is a space issue then the army doesn't load.

as an added bonus if it could also rally the armies that aren't near boats to the nearest county with a port that would be fantastic.
When you find out how to do it, let us know :)

At present you can only use the buttons that are available in the game interface as it is, there is unfortunately no "embark all" button so no one knows how to realize the even faster way that you propose. But you can make it easier by binding the raise levy, raise ships and embark buttons to keys as explained above. ;)

When you find out how to do it, let us know :)

At present you can only use the buttons that are available in the game interface as it is, there is unfortunately no "embark all" button so no one knows how to realize the even faster way that you propose. But you can make it easier by binding the raise levy, raise ships and embark buttons to keys as explained above. ;)

And i have "v" set for my embark button shortcut. I think with a game like CKII and other grand strategy games, PI should focus a little on the things that people keep the game paused the longest for. Because when the game is paused, nothing is happening. You many be setting things up to happen, but you still have to wait a bit after you unpause for the outcome. And for me the longer and more frequent I have to pause the game to do things the less and less I feel like continuing my game.
For me, the things that keep me paused the longest are: assembling armies, inviting people to my plots, and organizing a post crusade/holy war gain.

Already covered army assembly so on to the plot screen. I think it could be sped up through one of two ways. A check box interface where you select all the green thumbs up people you want to invite and at the bottom is a "invite selected to plot" button. Or it could be like the prisoner screen. With two buttons, a "bribe" and a "invite to plot" button either near the character portrait or off to the right side. Of course the "invite to plot" button would be greyed out if they are not willing. Just something that bypasses the diplo screen would speed it up nicely.

I don't mind the current setup for cleaning up post crusade/holy war conquests. I just think vassal screen could use a few other filter options. I like to setup my newly acquired lands with earls that are NOT heirs, NO claims and if you want, a trait filter option. Ambition doesn't really matter to me at that point cause what are they going to do? they have no money or levies and they will prolly be dead before the negative conquest, religion, culture group modifiers wear off.

This is a problem with all paradox games when you just get so big no one can oppose you and it becomes a game of whack-a-mole. There is no practical way yet to get the ai to go all let kill this guy. ALTHOUGH in EUIV apparently coaltions will be formed against blob like nations so they may put this into all their games through dlc/expansion and that would be nice.

this is what i have in mind:

tell my marshal what to go conquer

he goes and does it and i dont have to spend hours moving tiny men all over europe and i dont get to abuse a retarded AI because my marshal uses the same AI

This is a problem with all paradox games when you just get so big no one can oppose you and it becomes a game of whack-a-mole. There is no practical way yet to get the ai to go all let kill this guy. ALTHOUGH in EUIV apparently coaltions will be formed against blob like nations so they may put this into all their games through dlc/expansion and that would be nice.

I don't mind playing whack-a-mole as Emperor of Britannia with 35k+ armies. But if they would make managing the three things that make running an Empire a pain in the ass (managing armies, plots, and newly acquired territory) it would be so much more fun.

This - Rally points are pretty standard really, surprising there aren't there currently. The things that drive me crazy are when I have to click/select repetitively. That is just bad UI implementation.

E.g. inviting people to plots, asking people to end plots, selecting/loading armies.

If we had features like sending armies to a selected rally point with the option to automatically combine when they reach the rally point (or load on available ships) that would streamline much of the tedium of beginning wars when you get large. Sometimes I group my war declaration in 2's or 3's just to minimize all the levy combining and loading.

That's just the most visible example of how CK2 (and all Pdox games of this type) could benefit from extensive playtesting by a UI expert.